Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 2:07 am

I’ve got lolly the cat and she sings and it’s so cute.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 2:30 am

Lolly is so cute! I think she has the nicest design out of all of the cat villagers.

I had Pashmina as one of my starting villagers and she also likes to sing and dance a lot, since I think she has the music hobby. :mrgreen: What other villagers do you have?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 2:54 am

In terms of cat villagers, I have Felicity, she was one of my first villagers other than the starters to move in, which felt like good luck because I have her in New Leaf as a favourite. I like her sort of pop star or something aesthetic.

But the real singer on my island is Judy, who I think is considered super extra for her design of starry eyes and the pink and blue fur design.

The singing is mostly fine, unless for someone reason the villager decides to just do one high pitched note which I have to turn the volume down.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 3:14 am

Bradleigh wrote:
But the real singer on my island is Judy, who I think is considered super extra for her design of starry eyes and the pink and blue fur design.

The singing is mostly fine, unless for someone reason the villager decides to just do one high pitched note which I have to turn the volume down.

I think people like Judy a lot since she's one of the more unique, newer villagers. It's cool that you were able to get her!

The singing is also cute, but I can't handle the default song they sing anymore. I had to avoid Pashmina for awhile until I got a stereo on my island because the random high pitched noises were driving me crazy.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 4:49 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Lolly is so cute! I think she has the nicest design out of all of the cat villagers.

I had Pashmina as one of my starting villagers and she also likes to sing and dance a lot, since I think she has the music hobby. :mrgreen: What other villagers do you have?

Mitzi is my favorite. She’s so cute even though she’s obsessed with bugs

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 6:00 pm

Coach and Plucky were my other two starting residents, I also picked up Peanut, Blanche, Gladys, Eunice, Eugine, Butch, Prince, and Alli (and yes, I am at full capacity now). Right now I’m trying to get the last 500,000 or so bells I need to finish paying off my last debt, and then I’ll see what happens after that. Maybe nothing, and I’ll just pop back in every month for the new fish and insects until I’ve got them all. Or maybe there’s more to do after that. I’ll find out hopefully soon enough.

Time to go hunt some sharks ($$$)!

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 10:39 pm

I grow and sell fruit. Apparently others on my island think it’s too rural cause of all the trees

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 11:04 pm

sly279 wrote:
I grow and sell fruit. Apparently others on my island think it’s too rural cause of all the trees

That happens a lot, I guess. People on the AC subreddit have said that after they actually decorate their island more that it evens out and Isabelle gives them a better town score, plus stops saying there's too many trees.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 12:30 am

I section off most of my fruit trees that I sell for fruit in an area I call the fruit orchard behind my museum, it has five of each fruit tree (not including coconuts), and just a bit of extra money every few days of them minus my native fruit that I just leave, plus a few cherry trees I have grown around my shops. I have culled some of the trees that I grow from the money trees, especially on the higher ground that I mostly just keep the cedar trees, and probably need to do some culling of the money trees after they are crowding elsewhere on my island, after maybe getting some more wood.

Still need to figure out what I want to do with most of my island outside of the residence district, shopping district, camping district, and whatever I call the combination of orchard and museum. Probably organise my flower gardens in properly getting all the hybrids, which makes me feel that I need to figure out a complex placement puzzle. But also at the moment it being winter means that I need to try and get all the winter recipes, which I have been having a difficult time getting the snowman proportions right.

I got an "Adventure Dress" today, which made for a cool piece to make an Alice outfit.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 1:52 am

I make 300,000ish bells every harvest.
Though I’ve. It had need to harvest last few weeks. The money I make from Rock, money trees, and fossils covers they operating cost.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 4:02 am

I have also tried to do the Stalk market, although I generally dislike the gambling aspect. At least better than the idea of money trees in New Leaf where statistically you would always lose money.

Usually I just do the fossils, rock and money tree for a consistent money every day, usually make more than the clothes I spent on that day. So happy that this game has such a large storage so I can buy as many different clothes as I want so I can change to my whim of the day.

And no NPC has to even comment that I am taking a clothing options from different gender lines.