How much do you know about what's happening in the Church?

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2020, 10:06 pm

Bataar wrote:
I'm pretty much a sedevacantist so I'm familiar with all of the terms you mentioned in the OP.

I see.

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 2:29 am

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2020, 12:34 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

:roll:

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 2:16 pm

:roll: :lol:

Faith & spirituality are okay, but if You are an example of the product of The Church then it’s nothing more than a hypocritical organization that damages people’s minds with its hate filled dogma & indoctrination. Makes no sense to support an organized religion that preaches love and acceptance for all while practicing hate against people God has made different from the majority. Jesus would most definitely not approve of such nonsense.

People would be much better served to take a hike in nature & go to a quiet place to pray or meditate and make a connection with The Source. Even sober - but hey, if they’re drinking wine in church I’m sure God would approve of pharmaceutically enhanced prayer. He put the mushrooms & the chemistry knowledge here for us to use, after all. 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 7:42 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Faith & spirituality are okay, but if You are an example of the product of The Church then it’s nothing more than a hypocritical organization that damages people’s minds with its hate filled dogma & indoctrination.  Makes no sense to support an organized religion that preaches love and acceptance for all while practicing hate against people God has made different from the majority.  Jesus would most definitely not approve of such nonsense.

People would be much better served to take a hike in nature & go to a quiet place to pray or meditate and make a connection with The Source.  Even sober - but hey, if they’re drinking wine in church I’m sure God would approve of pharmaceutically enhanced prayer.  He put the mushrooms & the chemistry knowledge here for us to use, after all.
HEAR!  HEAR!

You're beginning to grow on me, Goldy.  Somehow, I cannot remember why we didn't get along before, and I hope no one reminds me.

Cheers!

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 12:24 am

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Faith & spirituality are okay, but if You are an example of the product of The Church then it’s nothing more than a hypocritical organization that damages people’s minds with its hate filled dogma & indoctrination.  Makes no sense to support an organized religion that preaches love and acceptance for all while practicing hate against people God has made different from the majority.  Jesus would most definitely not approve of such nonsense.

People would be much better served to take a hike in nature & go to a quiet place to pray or meditate and make a connection with The Source.  Even sober - but hey, if they’re drinking wine in church I’m sure God would approve of pharmaceutically enhanced prayer.  He put the mushrooms & the chemistry knowledge here for us to use, after all.
HEAR!  HEAR!

You're beginning to grow on me, Goldy.  Somehow, I cannot remember why we didn't get along before, and I hope no one reminds me.

Cheers!

:D

:heart: :beer: 8)

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jul 2020, 8:23 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Faith & spirituality are okay, but if You are an example of the product of The Church then it’s nothing more than a hypocritical organization that damages people’s minds with its hate filled dogma & indoctrination. Makes no sense to support an organized religion that preaches love and acceptance for all while practicing hate against people God has made different from the majority. Jesus would most definitely not approve of such nonsense.

God does not make people with problematic desires, He only permits them to have them, be they acquired at conception, in utero, birth, childhood, old age, etc. People are not their desires, people are human beings, and if does not accept that and live that way, then that person is going to have miserable unhappy life; because the person is degrading his or herself and not living the way he or she truly is.

goldfish21 wrote:
People would be much better served to take a hike in nature & go to a quiet place to pray or meditate and make a connection with The Source. Even sober - but hey, if they’re drinking wine in church I’m sure God would approve of pharmaceutically enhanced prayer. He put the mushrooms & the chemistry knowledge here for us to use, after all. 8)

"And Jesus said to them: I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger: and he that believeth in me shall never thirst." -St. John 6:35 DR

The accidental properties of the Precious Blood lack potency, due to the fact that the wine is watered down before being transubstantiated into the Precious Blood, thus it is not intoxicating. On top of that, in the Latin Mass, the Precious Blood wasn't given to the laity but only consumed by the priest, the laity received the Most Holy Sacrament under the species of bread.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 9:04 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

God does not make people with problematic desires, He only permits them to have them, be they acquired at conception, in utero, birth, childhood, old age, etc. People are not their desires, people are human beings, and if does not accept that and live that way, then that person is going to have miserable unhappy life; because the person is degrading his or herself and not living the way he or she truly is.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao:

Natural, innate, sexual desires, created by God like literally everything else if you believe in creationism, are not problematic. They simply exist as they are.

Annnnd trust me, having sex with hundreds of beautiful partners is 100% absolutely without a doubt Not a miserable unhappy life. :lol: To the contrary, it’s actually pretty f*****g rad. 8)

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2020, 8:23 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Natural, innate, sexual desires, created by God like literally everything else if you believe in creationism, are not problematic. They simply exist as they are.

If you're talking about the natural desire to engage in the procreative act then yes, that's not problematic; but if you're talking about engaging in sterile, sexually stimulating behaviour then no, that is problematic, it's not good, it's not natural, and to be brutally frank, it's not even real sex.

goldfish21 wrote:
Annnnd trust me, having sex with hundreds of beautiful partners is 100% absolutely without a doubt Not a miserable unhappy life. :lol: To the contrary, it’s actually pretty f*****g rad. 8)

I hate to be crude but, enjoy your meaningless empty orgasms, personally I prefer engaging in behaviour that results in bringing a new and unique human being into the world, but that's just me.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 8:40 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
I can and have talked about the stuff people have brought up, it's just that some or many of the stuff listed relate to other topics brought up.

I think your post is the one the that suggests arrogance.

Yes, and that's because you're too much of a hypocrite to realise you're a hypocrite.

You titled this discussion "How much do you know about what's happening in the Church?" which was misleading for starters, as there are many churches and you didn't specify which particular division you meant by "The". In addition you then got annoyed because it turned out some other people wanted to talk about stuff that IS going on but wasn't mentioned directly in your list.

Well.... tough.

TBH this entire post assumes that everyone else cares about "the" Church and what is happening within it, which is demonstrably untrue in itself.

Your last comment about sex purely for reproduction being somehow a more noble thing than sex for enjoyment is also completely mad. We are trashing this planet through overpopulation, and if you believe in God then we are destroying his creations and his legacy in the process. Furthermore, the continued vilification of homosexuality is complete nonsense in that context - we should be celebrating couples that DON'T breed. Even more so if they adopt abandoned children in need of a home.

As with most religious fanatics you are very selective as to which teachings you choose to follow. Do you wear mixed fibres? Have you given away all of your possessions to live in material poverty but spiritual richness? Do you agree money lending is evil? Do you help strangers in need, and turn the other cheek to aggressors rather than fighting back? Do you agree women are worth less than men, and disabled people should be shunned? Is it right to collect the foreskins of your enemies after battle?

No of course not, so lay off the gay bashing. Either ALL of it is subjective, or all of it is literal. None of this "cherry picking the bits I want to believe" nonsense.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2020, 9:43 pm

Redd_Kross wrote:
Yes, and that's because you're too much of a hypocrite to realise you're a hypocrite.

You titled this discussion "How much do you know about what's happening in the Church?" which was misleading for starters, as there are many churches and you didn't specify which particular division you meant by "The". In addition you then got annoyed because it turned out some other people wanted to talk about stuff that IS going on but wasn't mentioned directly in your list.

Well.... tough.

TBH this entire post assumes that everyone else cares about "the" Church and what is happening within it, which is demonstrably untrue in itself.

Your last comment about sex purely for reproduction being somehow a more noble thing than sex for enjoyment is also completely mad. We are trashing this planet through overpopulation, and if you believe in God then we are destroying his creations and his legacy in the process. Furthermore, the continued vilification of homosexuality is complete nonsense in that context - we should be celebrating couples that DON'T breed. Even more so if they adopt abandoned children in need of a home.

As with most religious fanatics you are very selective as to which teachings you choose to follow. Do you wear mixed fibres? Have you given away all of your possessions to live in material poverty but spiritual richness? Do you agree money lending is evil? Do you help strangers in need, and turn the other cheek to aggressors rather than fighting back? Do you agree women are worth less than men, and disabled people should be shunned? Is it right to collect the foreskins of your enemies after battle?

No of course not, so lay off the gay bashing. Either ALL of it is subjective, or all of it is literal. None of this "cherry picking the bits I want to believe" nonsense.

The stuff I've listed above does relate to the stuff that people have brought up on here. You say neither you, nor anyone else cares about the Church, and then you go on to preach your own biased and false interpretation of Sacred Scriptures, as if you know more about the Faith than someone who actually practices it.

You are the hypocrite, not I.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2020, 10:29 pm

I'm requesting that this thread be closed, things back home just went way south and so I can't be responding on this thread anymore.

I'll still defend Our Lady of Fatima though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 3:19 am

Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

If you're talking about the natural desire to engage in the procreative act then yes, that's not problematic; but if you're talking about engaging in sterile, sexually stimulating behaviour then no, that is problematic, it's not good, it's not natural, and to be brutally frank, it's not even real sex.

goldfish21 wrote:

I hate to be crude but, enjoy your meaningless empty orgasms, personally I prefer engaging in behaviour that results in bringing a new and unique human being into the world, but that's just me.

My sexual desires, a creation of God, are natural to me.

Oh, I do most definitely enjoy them - thank you. :) And since the result won’t be a child to occupy my time, energy, and finances, these orgasms are my God given ticket to having the resources to be a good Godfather and uncle, to be charitable, to learn and to teach, and to pursue higher education and then in turn being of better service to society and so on. God’s given gays many other things to do besides raise children. We create art, music and entertainment. We do research and engineering work. We design and build thing. We advance human knowledge in fields ranging from space exploration to medicine - because God has granted us the time to expend on these pursuits instead of being distracted by raising children. That’s to be left to heterosexuals while gays figure out how to mitigate climate change and cure cancer. Stop vilifying God’s creations because you don’t understand us and thus fear us and start praising gays for their contributions & potential - like that computer you’re using to post here, for one small example. No, not all gays are high achievers - but every single one of us has a higher calling and potential that shouldn’t be stifled nor wasted by bigotry.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Jul 2020, 7:53 am

Thread locked due to repeated homophobia and personal attacks.