Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 2:50 pm

Today I keep getting odd sensations in my left shoulder, left arm, neck and right leg, with a slight headache at the back of my head.
When I say sensation I mean an odd sort of weakness, like you get when you're having a blood pressure check and they wrap that thing tightly around your arm and your arm feels weak like the circulation is about to cut off. It's not numbness though, but it feels like it's going to become numbness but it isn't. Do you know what I mean?

I had it ever since I woke up from a nap today, but it isn't muscle, bone or flu pains. I have got a new bra on today and it feels a bit tight compared to my last one, not because it's not my size but because it is new. Maybe falling asleep in a tight bra might have resulted in a pinched nerve in my shoulder or something?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 3:07 pm

It is possible it is the bra. I can't speak through experience as being a man I don't wear a bra, but my mother did have issues once due to it being too tight.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 3:36 pm

@ JOE90:

SEE YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY!  IF YOU CAN'T SEE YOUR DOCTOR, GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM!!

I had those same symptoms during both of my heart attacks, and I do not wear a bra!

Please, don't delay!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 4:43 pm

Just phoned 999 and explained my symptoms. They didn't seem too concerned, and they told me that if I don't have tight pains in my chest or nausea, then it is most certainly a pinched nerve. She asked me if I had any pain in my arm that has gotten worse since it started, but I said no because there is no pain. I've had this type of sensation before, in various parts of my body (usually joints).

She asked if I was suffering from any stress or anxiety, and I said yes I am under a lot of stress at the moment, and she said that it is common for anxiety to cause a tingling or weak sort of sensation in your arm, so that can also be a factor. my neck is slightly stiff but my boyfriend felt the back of my neck and said that the muscles feels all tensed up.

So there was no need for them to send an ambulance. I'm 30 years old, don't have any heart problems, very healthy, don't drink or smoke, and a healthy weight.

Citymale
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2020, 5:09 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Today I keep getting odd sensations in my left shoulder, left arm, neck and right leg, with a slight headache at the back of my head.
When I say sensation I mean an odd sort of weakness, like you get when you're having a blood pressure check and they wrap that thing tightly around your arm and your arm feels weak like the circulation is about to cut off. It's not numbness though, but it feels like it's going to become numbness but it isn't. Do you know what I mean?

I had it ever since I woke up from a nap today, but it isn't muscle, bone or flu pains. I have got a new bra on today and it feels a bit tight compared to my last one, not because it's not my size but because it is new. Maybe falling asleep in a tight bra might have resulted in a pinched nerve in my shoulder or something?

Heart attack usually does not radiate to the leg. However, heart attack presentation is atypical in women, meaning a seemingly unrelated symptom such a lower abdomen or right abdomen pain can be a sign of a heart attack sometimes in women. I don’t think you have a heart attack, more likely a pinched nerve due to poor posture in the left shoulder, or muscle pain. Given a small chance of heart attack though, I recommend you go to the ER and ask for an EKG and lab work for heart attack. At least call your primary care doctors office and tell them your symptoms and ask what you should do. Most likely you need shoulder girdle strengthening exercise and physical therapy. Tight muscles are relieved with foam rolling.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2020, 12:02 pm

Joe90 wrote:

if its in the back of the head and neck its more likely you have some nerve impingement issues. I get pains that sound almost exactly the same and is due to a nerve at the base of my neck becoming trapped. Maybe you just slept in an odd position?

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 12:38 pm

roccoslife wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

if its in the back of the head and neck its more likely you have some nerve impingement issues. I get pains that sound almost exactly the same and is due to a nerve at the base of my neck becoming trapped. Maybe you just slept in an odd position?

It might have been to do with sleeping in an odd position, as this started as soon as I woke up from a nap yesterday.
I haven't had any pains or sensations anywhere today.

Last night I kept imagining all kinds of heart attack symptoms that weren't actually there, but it was anxiety, probably from Fnords post. I thought, wow I must be dying then. But I had a good night's sleep and woke up alive this morning.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2020, 5:02 pm

Haha, glad to hear it.

Dont worry I convince myself im having a heart attack at least a few times a year too

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits