Page 9 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,469
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

20 Aug 2020, 9:26 am

^ No, and the winter is coming.



magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,525
Location: Poland

20 Aug 2020, 9:32 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ No, and the winter is coming.

Embrace yourself!


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 47,771
Location: Stendec

20 Aug 2020, 10:01 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ No, and the winter is coming.

:(

Any relief in sight?


_________________
45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,469
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

21 Aug 2020, 1:44 pm

^^ No, no relief in sight at all. Lebanon is through a financial crisis, therefore people can't even afford buying glass - we're headed to the Venezuela scenario and probably worse.



Unfortunately, the houses around the blast area are ancients, fragile.

Image

Image

Image



Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 21 Aug 2020, 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,469
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

21 Aug 2020, 1:47 pm

Shipowner Linked to Hezbollah's Bank? By Der spiegel

https://www.spiegel.de/international/wo ... sFcs3gxkXg

Quote:
The explosion in Lebanon leads back to an abandoned ship in Beirut that had arrived in the city carrying 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate. Reporting by DER SPIEGEL and OCCRP has determined that the ship’s owner has connections to Hezbollah’s bank.



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,494
Location: Outter Quadrant

21 Aug 2020, 2:58 pm

Had a feeling about these possibilities . Just sad ! :(


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,525
Location: Poland

10 Sep 2020, 9:12 am

Now a massive fire in Beirut Port... https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-54100251

What the hell is going on there?


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,469
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

21 Dec 2020, 6:25 am

^The conspiracy is thickening

Assassinations:

https://www.beirut.com/l/61215?fbclid=I ... 9m83cNkc8M

https://www.the961.com/rabih-tlais-miss ... 4sEz-dBHj4


_________________
Come here to get the Block functionality for Wrongplanet:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=390645


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,469
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

04 Feb 2021, 3:22 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... last-cargo

"Businessmen with ties to Assad linked to Beirut port blast cargo"

Nothing happens in our part of world by 'accident' or 'coincidence'.


_________________
Come here to get the Block functionality for Wrongplanet:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=390645


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,959
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

04 Feb 2021, 11:58 pm

Without clicking or reading any of the links, what're the cliff notes on who's behind all this and why? Just straight up run of the mill terrorism for terrorism's sake? Particular people targeted? Or an attack to destabilize things and take over the country or ?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,685
Location: temperate zone

05 Feb 2021, 5:06 am

It was obviously the Jewish lasers from outer space!



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 101,255
Location: the island of defective toy santas

05 Feb 2021, 5:14 am

somebody get MTG on the dock and make her explain what she knows.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,469
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

05 Feb 2021, 9:29 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Without clicking or reading any of the links, what're the cliff notes on who's behind all this and why? Just straight up run of the mill terrorism for terrorism's sake? Particular people targeted? Or an attack to destabilize things and take over the country or ?


Businessmen with dual Russian/Syrian nationalities with close ties with Assad are apparently behind the purchase of this material.

Apparently it was just a giant stash for warfare use, maybe for usage in the Syrian war. Experts say what blew was much less than 2500 tons, so some entity was using them.

The blowing up may be accidental, but I highly doubt it was stored there for agriculture use.


_________________
Come here to get the Block functionality for Wrongplanet:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=390645


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,959
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

05 Feb 2021, 10:32 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Without clicking or reading any of the links, what're the cliff notes on who's behind all this and why? Just straight up run of the mill terrorism for terrorism's sake? Particular people targeted? Or an attack to destabilize things and take over the country or ?


Businessmen with dual Russian/Syrian nationalities with close ties with Assad are apparently behind the purchase of this material.

Apparently it was just a giant stash for warfare use, maybe for usage in the Syrian war. Experts say what blew was much less than 2500 tons, so some entity was using them.

The blowing up may be accidental, but I highly doubt it was stored there for agriculture use.


Aaaah, the classic "accidentally set my bomb off at the wrong location," gag.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,494
Location: Outter Quadrant

05 Feb 2021, 11:05 am

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Without clicking or reading any of the links, what're the cliff notes on who's behind all this and why? Just straight up run of the mill terrorism for terrorism's sake? Particular people targeted? Or an attack to destabilize things and take over the country or ?


Businessmen with dual Russian/Syrian nationalities with close ties with Assad are apparently behind the purchase of this material.

Apparently it was just a giant stash for warfare use, maybe for usage in the Syrian war. Experts say what blew was much less than 2500 tons, so some entity was using them.

The blowing up may be accidental, but I highly doubt it was stored there for agriculture use.


Aaaah, the classic "accidentally set my bomb off at the wrong location," gag.


Loolz. :D :D


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,685
Location: temperate zone

05 Feb 2021, 5:21 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^^ No, no relief in sight at all. Lebanon is through a financial crisis, therefore people can't even afford buying glass - we're headed to the Venezuela scenario and probably worse.



Unfortunately, the houses around the blast area are ancients, fragile.

Image

Image

Image


How much acerage (or hectares, or city blocks) did the blast destroy?