I have never had a significant other

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2020, 10:18 pm

^ Those are good things :) . I hope you find somebody suitable soon.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2020, 11:30 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
"Good quality man" is someone who has money or looks but...

1. Likes and feel good about themselves and therefore have respect for others
2. Someone who has a good head on their shoulders
3. They are mature- They don't throw a tantrum every time I turn around
4. They are not pushy or controlling
5. Someone who will accept me for who I am
6. Someone who won't dump me because they are just looking for sex
7. Someone who is not interested in dating over one woman when he is in a relationship
8. Someone who is sincere
9. Someone who knows how to respect the boundaries of others
10. Someone who is positive and healthy

Well, we have a good idea of what *you* want.
What about the flip side.
What can *you* offer in return? :twisted:

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Now, I like to wear short hair and I learned that I get a lot of stares from other people and I realize that if I wear really short hair, I can draw attention to myself and not realize it. However, I like short hair because I like being myself and I would like someone who appreciates me no matter what.

You do realise that very often "very short hair" means lesbian, right? 8O
Could this be part of the problem of you not finding "a quality man", assuming you are heterosexual? :wink:

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Anyone have any other tips that make people thing I want to be the center of attention? I don't want to give people that impression and nor do I want to be "The ice princess."

So, none of this for you, then: :mrgreen:

Summer_Twilight wrote:
At the same time, I don't want to jump into any relationship and then have both parties get hurt

You haven't mentioned where you stand regarding marsupials, canines, mephitidae (I.E.skunks), etc.
Are you willing to go inter-species? :scratch:

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 2:31 pm

OMG!! After the argument I just had, you can have mine. :lol:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:06 pm

I can think of 7 women I know who have pixie cuts or very short hair. 4 are in relationships and 3 are not.

The skunk has some old fashioned ideas.

Wear your hair how you like it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:28 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:

7. Someone who is not interested in dating over one woman when he is in a relationship

Now, I like to wear short hair and I learned that I get a lot of stares from other people and I realize that if I wear really short hair, I can draw attention to myself and not realize it. However, I like short hair because I like being myself and I would like someone who appreciates me no matter what.

Anyone have any other tips that make people thing I want to be the center of attention? I don't want to give people that impression and nor do I want to be "The ice princess." At the same time, I don't want to jump into any relationship and then have both parties get hurt

The first sentence is troubling - is there a typo there? a missing “not”? the rest are all good. First sentence sounds so contradictory to the rest.

Am I the only person on this thread who finds this sentence troubling? Or everyone assuming there’s a typo/miss-typing there?

What do you mean by “who has money or looks” - how much a man must earn/have money to be considered a good quality? And how much good looking must be to compensate the lack of money?

Besides, do you know that the good men usually avoid women who value money a lot? (that in case there was no typo... I am confused); while the bad (if rich) men would exploit that to treat you as a commodity.

The most off-putting trait a woman may have to 99% of men is the gold digging.

Again, I really hope it’s a typo, if not: then that’s why you can’t find a good quality man.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:49 pm

I assumed it was a typo because she added, "but" before the list.

As in they're not X, but rather they are y.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:53 pm

hurtloam wrote:

That what I assumed... at first, but read again her interaction with Aurora; the OP didn’t correct her.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Aug 2020, 12:14 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

That what I assumed... at first, but read again her interaction with Aurora; the OP didn’t correct her.
I'm confused as well.

I have a slight issue with #1 on her list~ "Likes and feel good about themselves and therefore have respect for others".
Some people are extremely arrogant & think they are great & believe everybody is very far beneath them. I've also known various people who have low self-esteem & have a lot of respect for others.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 1:04 am

its a reminder how my mentality, mindset, perspective, towards the dating game or dating system has changed over the years.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 10:13 am

hurtloam wrote:
I can think of 7 women I know who have pixie cuts or very short hair. 4 are in relationships and 3 are not.

Yes, I would say he is pretty full of himself. :wink:

Anyway, Jennifer Goodwin is straight and is married to her co-star from once upon a time.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 11:26 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

Anyone have any other tips that make people thing I want to be the center of attention? I don't want to give people that impression and nor do I want to be "The ice princess." At the same time, I don't want to jump into any relationship and then have both parties get hurt

The first sentence is troubling - is there a typo there? a missing “not”? the rest are all good. First sentence sounds so contradictory to the rest.

Am I the only person on this thread who finds this sentence troubling? Or everyone assuming there’s a typo/miss-typing there?

What do you mean by “who has money or looks” - how much a man must earn/have money to be considered a good quality? And how much good looking must be to compensate the lack of money?

Besides, do you know that the good men usually avoid women who value money a lot? (that in case there was no typo... I am confused); while the bad (if rich) men would exploit that to treat you as a commodity.

Again, I really hope it’s a typo, if not: then that’s why you can’t find a good quality man.

Face_of_Boo, I am other aren't and I am sorry about that. :wink: I am definitely not perfect, but at least I am not you. That being said, if you can't appreciate where I am coming from then I am going to find support somewhere else where like-minded people can appreciate me and help me. In fact, I may even show you when I meet someone.

Also, you may have any opinion about me that you want, just know I don't get validity other people. Rather, I get to have my own opinion about me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 3:50 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

Face_of_Boo, I am other aren't and I am sorry about that. :wink: I am definitely not perfect, but at least I am not you. That being said, if you can't appreciate where I am coming from then I am going to find support somewhere else where like-minded people can appreciate me and help me. In fact, I may even show you when I meet someone.

Also, you may have any opinion about me that you want, just know I don't get validity other people. Rather, I get to have my own opinion about me.

Then you just have confirmed my doubts, you do place a lot of value on money and looks.

Well, good luck to find someone good- but it’s gonna be very hard with such priorities.
Try to not reveal your interest in money while dating, I can assure you with full confidence that most men hate that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 4:07 pm

Ok ladies who are like the OP, listen up, seriously...

The reason why 90% of us men, of all cultures and age groups, hate it when women show excessive interest in the man's money and income is because income is not always guaranteed to be high - it's not a definitive factor.

A man may be high earner one day, and then suddenly gets a salary cut, or loses job, or country falls in crisis and falls back to low income and rewinds. Making your love conditional according to that gives us a shiver.

Liking a hardworking man is not the same as valuing money.

I bet most men here would agree on my statement here.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 03 Mar 2021, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 4:10 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Yes, I would say he is pretty full of himself. :wink:

Anyway, Jennifer Goodwin is straight and is married to her co-star from once upon a time.

Where did I say every woman with a short haircut is a lesbian? :scratch:

I am used to people misrepresenting me.
Water off a skunk's back. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 4:17 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

Then you just have confirmed my doubts, you do place a lot of value on money and looks.

Well, good luck to find someone good- but it’s gonna be very hard with such priorities.
Try to not reveal your interest in money while dating, I can assure you with full confidence that most men hate that.

bottleblank
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Mar 2021, 4:19 pm

Pepe wrote:

Reckon that popcorn's gonna be kinda stale, that discussion was 6 months old...