3 year old permanently banned from Sesame Place - Trump flag

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2020, 8:17 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
I'm sure people wore Obama shirts when he was president without any problems. This incident seems like intolerance toward people who don't agree with the political views of Sesame Place's owners. I hope she sues and wins. This kind of hate and intolerance doesn't belong in a free country.

It's out of place for a 3 year old kid to be given a political flag, sign or banner at a theme park. Perhaps the security did go overboard yes, but it was kinda asking for trouble to have a picture taken at the park with a political sign. There's a time and place for things and children's theme parks shouldn't be politicized full stop.

I agree. I don't have a problem with their policy. The problem I have is with their overreaction to not following the rules. If the banner he held said Obama or Biden instead of Trump I think they would have just calmly reminded them of the rules and told them to put it away without any consequences. That 3 year old kid won't be able to take his kids to Sesame Place when he's older, not because he broke a rule, but because they wanted to punish him for supporting Trump. That's not right.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 8:27 pm

I‘be never saw anybody with an Obama t-shirt—and I live in a city with 8.3 million people.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 8:38 pm

The kid is, like, freaking 3 years old! He HARDLY knows what's going on! :roll:

Why did he even have that flag in the FIRST place, anyway?

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 9:02 pm

Here is my question.

Why give the child a lifetime ban for what mom did?

Let's say 30 or so years from now he goes. Will he be arrested if he goes to any of the places this company owns? More then likely, the mom isn't going to tell him about this incident and he won't even remember it.

Will there be mitigating circumstances for this since he was 3 when he was given this lifetime ban and he still goes anyway and didn't know he was banned for something he didn't understand?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2020, 9:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I‘be never saw anybody with an Obama t-shirt—and I live in a city with 8.3 million people.

I've seen Obama t-shirts here in Australia but he didn't create a cult like MAGA