Is it pointless to go to a theme park alone ?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:39 pm

I'd love go to places like Chessington or Thorpe Park for a few rides and for the atmosphere, but I choose not to go because if I did I'd be on my own and it may seem like a pointless waste of time and leave me feeling weird and awkward when everyone else is enjoying it with friends, girl and boyfriends and so on. I do envy it when the summer goes by and I see some people saying they went and I didn't.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 3:50 pm

No.
I'd rather go alone.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 4:17 pm

The only downside I can think of is how boring queueing is with no one to pass the time with, but I guess you could listen to music or a podcast on your head phones while you wait.

Go for it!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 5:10 pm

I wouldn't want to go to a theme park on my own either.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 5:23 pm

I'd go alone. I'd truly enjoy it if I go alone.

If I'm not alone, I have to accommodate the company's anxieties instead of fully enjoying it.

If I were in charge of the group and do it for my enjoyment, no sane or responsible person would allow it nor do the faint hearted would enjoy. :?
Unless they wanna feel left out or being just as reckless as I'm.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 5:34 pm

I wouldn't like to wait in long queues on my own. At least with a group of people you can chat with while you're waiting in line for a ride.

I'll feel rather lonely at a theme park all on my own, because everyone else will be in pairs or groups and I'd feel like they're all looking at me even if they might not be.

When I last went to a theme park with 3 other people, I had to avoid going on some of the rides because I kept suffering from severe vertigo and headaches. But as I sat on a bench while they were on a ride, I felt rather intimidated. Some giggly teenagers came and sat next to me and I had to use up all my energy not to look awkward or uncomfortable, even though that was what I was feeling.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 6:02 pm

It'd be pointless for me, because I don't enjoy that sort of thing, but I would indulge someone else who wanted to go. Since you're the one enjoying it, it's already not pointless.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 6:10 pm

suck up that anxiety and just do it dude , don't let your emotions stop your fun :D

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 6:33 pm

I would have no problem of going alone if I enjoy the experience. Other people are more interested in what they are doing to worry why other people are there.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 12:20 am

Honestly it'd probably be boring to be alone at an amusement park but i cant imagine a world where i'd be going alone to an amusement park. The best part of being at an amusement park is sharing the experience with your friends/family. Plus waiting in line would be extraordinarely boring.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 12:50 am

Only you can decide whether it's pointless: Do you want to go more or less than you fear negative feelings/thoughts about it? Can you change the way you think so that you can go without feeling negative things like awkwardness?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 4:10 am

It is if you know you won't enjoy it alone. It's also pretty pointless to go with other people if you know you won't enjoy it then, either, unless you're going with someone in order to make that other person happy of course.

Personally, I wouldn't go alone simply because I want to have someone along in case something goes wrong, like that one time when I felt really dizzy after a particular ride.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 4:13 am

It is pointless to go to a theme park, period.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 6:38 am

No

When they resume same with shopping, movies, restaurants, concerts etc.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 7:24 am

i will miss the western washington state fair. :( [closed due to you know what] even alone, i found it a stimulating affair and good exercise what with the miles of walking i do there. going there on a cool overcast day is the greatest! :mrgreen:

irreversibility
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Aug 2020, 8:39 am

chris1989 wrote:
I do envy it when the summer goes by and I see some people saying they went and I didn't.

Don't compare your life to other people's stories of their life. Do what makes you happy. Have experiences, learn, grow. Tell positive stories about your own life.

IR