Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 11:42 am

So right now I am in Berkeley, California, and the air quality is supposed to be poor due to some forest fires. On the net it actually shows it to be orange. Although at times it yellow -- but right near the edge between yellow and orange. But right now it's right in the middle of orange and yesterday it was close to orange/red line at some point

In any case, unlike most people, I am actually enjoying it :) The way it smells reminds me of a campfire and I miss camping :) That, plus there is that added sense of adventure that it is "supposed" to be bad yet I am liking it. I wish it was red or yellow. I am just curious how it would smell like. By the way what is the air quality by the actual campfire? I bet it's off charts. So it can't be bad for you: camping is healthy :)

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 11:56 am

Air quality is not just about smoke from forest fires. There are many dangerous pollutants that define air quality. Many of which have no smell. The CA government should have criteria for air quality and how that is scaled. I would look there.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 11:58 am

Basically you're saying that all of northern California is one big house using potpourri. It has the nice bracing smell of pine chips and needles burning.

It maybe nice. So is eating cinnabons. But you cant live on a diet of nothing but cinnabons because its not good for you after a while.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 12:17 pm

The healthy part of camping is the fresh air, sunshine, and exercise, not the smoke. Primitive cooking arrangements are a leading cause of lung problems in the third world.
I knew a woman who loved the smell of rather toxic paint, because she associated it with the end of a job and payday.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 12:21 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
It maybe nice. So is eating cinnabons. But you cant live on a diet of nothing but cinnabons because its not good for you after a while.

Fun hater.
:lol:

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2020, 3:05 pm

That's great but if you had asthma or trouble breathing, the lower air quality could aggravate your condition. I think that's why these air quality alerts were created.