Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Aug 2020, 2:22 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
magz wrote:
The only objection from my point of view was that he was married. A spouse is a person who can rightfully object to consensual sex of two adults.
I can't speak for the world and maybe even the US.But this happened in the state of Massachusetts,I actually went through a divorce in Massachusetts personally(my ex was kind it was smooth and easy)

Adultery is illegal in civil court and could get you a bad divorce where you owe your ex a lot of money,but adultery could never be rape,as long as those "having" sex consent there is no criminal issue.But you better get a good divorce attorney.

Yes, here adultery is also not criminal but civil.
If I was the jury, I wouldn't find them guilty of any criminal offence.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 2:34 pm

magz wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
magz wrote:
The only objection from my point of view was that he was married. A spouse is a person who can rightfully object to consensual sex of two adults.
I can't speak for the world and maybe even the US.But this happened in the state of Massachusetts,I actually went through a divorce in Massachusetts personally(my ex was kind it was smooth and easy)

Adultery is illegal in civil court and could get you a bad divorce where you owe your ex a lot of money,but adultery could never be rape,as long as those "having" sex consent there is no criminal issue.But you better get a good divorce attorney.

They will get probation or treatment,they won't get 20 years in state prison.Massachusetts is an old state and has a lot of outdated laws they never got around to changing back from the puritan era.Like you need a permit to wear a goatee or it's legal to shoot someone coming across the Rhode Island border,obviously those laws aren't valid or enforced.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 2:42 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
magz wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
magz wrote:

They will get probation or treatment,they won't get 20 years in state prison.Massachusetts is an old state and has a lot of outdated laws they never got around to changing back from the puritan era.Like you need a permit to wear a goatee or it's legal to shoot someone coming across the Rhode Island border,obviously those laws aren't valid or enforced.

In Montana, they apparently still have this law that if there are more than 7 Native Americans together, they are legal to shoot.

Now this is an old law because back then, we basically did genocide on Natives and this was how they were treated.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 2:50 pm

I had to look ...

Be the hero of your life.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 3:32 pm

League_Girl wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
magz wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
magz wrote:

In Montana, they apparently still have this law that if there are more than 7 Native Americans together, they are legal to shoot.

Now this is an old law because back then, we basically did genocide on Natives and this was how they were treated.
:(

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 3:33 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
I had to look ...

Is that the couple from the news article,where did you get the photo?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 3:39 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
I had to look ...

That's them.

Be the hero of your life.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 3:45 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
I had to look ...

That's them.
Where did you find the photo

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 3:46 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I dont get laws against incest. The real issue I see is the cheating.

What about abuse?
It was consensual and both parties were decades above age of consent,there was no abuse in this case.

Really? Adults don't abuse each other? Consent becomes very complex in these cases.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 3:49 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

What about abuse?

We already have laws against abuse.

And we have laws against incest. Incest is really abusive, although strangely that idea is lost here...

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 3:50 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

What about abuse?
It was consensual and both parties were decades above age of consent,there was no abuse in this case.

Really? Adults don't abuse each other? Consent becomes very complex in these cases.
In this bizarre case the sad part is that they really wanted each other.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 4:28 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
I had to look ...

Are they step relatives, or biological? They dont even look like they are in the same ethnic group, much less the same nuclear family. He looks like an Asian Indian, and she looks like a WASP American.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 4:29 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

What about abuse?

it is not abuse if they both consented. The son was an adult, he chose to cheat on his wife by having an affair with his mom.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 4:56 pm

20 years is a bit too much time in prison for incest, even though I find it gross and weird, but 20 years?

We know of a middle-aged man who raped a 5-year-old girl and he only got 8 years in prison.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 5:17 pm

Joe90 wrote:
20 years is a bit too much time in prison for incest, even though I find it gross and weird, but 20 years?

We know of a middle-aged man who raped a 5-year-old girl and he only got 8 years in prison.
I think it's an archaic law that was never taken off the books.They won't get 20 years.

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

27 Aug 2020, 5:28 pm

No, absolutely not. You cannot make this legal. Even if you think it's ok if they're consenting adults (which seems ridiculous to me anyway). Here's why:

Say you make "sex between family members legal, if they're consenting adults".

A sexually disturbed parent or older family member can feel sexual attraction to their younger family member, and "groom" the kid until they're "of age" and then initiate a sexual relationship with them (raise them to think this is ok and even expected, during impressionable years). Of course if it's legal then it'll now be validated by the government (horrible idea). This would start to be a common thing, it would be awful.

Looking at this case is the tip of the iceberg. It's quite possible this happened earlier on between these two, going all the way back to when he was a kid. They probably didn't just develop these feelings over night.

Parents could raise their kids saying "ok, well it's your job when you're 18 to do these things with mommy and daddy". Hell, they might even abuse them earlier on and tell them they can't say anything until they're 18.

This just muddies the waters to make it legal *on any level* for family members to have sex. It's wrong and it should not be legal.

20 years prison time is *probably a little extreme* and I doubt that's what anyone will be getting here.