Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 8:06 am

I have never posted the Woman's forum before,I saw the post on the popular thread grid on the home page when logging in.

From previous posts you have said your Eastern Orthodox Christian,have you looked into church singles groups,most churches have them.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 8:11 am

Whale_Tuune wrote:
That describes the weird texting tango I did with my ex this summer. He tries to get back together all "All the moments we had were special", "I'll always be glad that I met you." A few days later, "Let's just be friends." Then the boy immediately goes MIA. :roll:

On some level, I wish American society was a little more structured socially. It seems like as the 20th century wore on, structured forms of socialization like being introduced by your family to partners, or going to finishing schools, just disappeared. Sure, not everything about that stuff was great, but it would have been nice for easily learned, concrete social strategies to be normal again. 21st century America values spontaneity and individualism, which is all well and good but has its own pitfalls.

He's playing a game - a dirty little game too - please, don't be hurt. You are better than him but he's using you for an ego boost when things don't go well with other women. If he goes mia and never tries again, it's actually better and counts as a break-up. I LET a guy string me along over a four year period until my uncle scared the crap out of him and he left permanently. My uncle recognized what he was doing right away and forced him OUT of my life. My uncle died last year and I will always be thankful for what he did for me back in 1990. Don't give a guy PERMISSION to mess you around.

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 9:32 am

It was difficult emotionally, because he was completely sweet and devoted when we were together, then I just got blindsided out of nowhere. Literally, he had none of the warning signs, just decided he wasn't up to it anymore, then tried to get back with me after a year of no contact... what a jerk.

How can you figure out who's a good one and who's lying? *sigh*

PoseyBuster88
Toucan
Toucan

04 Sep 2020, 9:40 am

Also, watch how men treat their mothers and those who they may see as "beneath them" (servers at restaurants, janitors, ...anyone cleaning up after them or serving them). If he is nice to YOU but treats his mom or janitors like slaves, demeans then, etc, he will likely end up treating a partner that way.

There's no way to know for sure if things will work out...even with a good guy, it may not be a good fit.

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 10:26 am

Speak of the devil....

he just texted to see if I want to hang out today.......

I have a very bad feeling about this, but I have anxiety in general so that may be it. I didn't really want to say yes, but I said yes anyways. I hate rejecting people.

Starlight2001
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Sep 2020, 10:55 am

Whale_Tuune wrote:
Speak of the devil....

I have a very bad feeling about this, but I have anxiety in general so that may be it. I didn't really want to say yes, but I said yes anyways. I hate rejecting people.

If you feel you need to say "no" then do it. It may seem wrong but it's important. You need to protect yourself.

ilwpbimt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Sep 2020, 9:13 pm

Use Eharmony.com

Select introverted men with good executive function and empathy. Kind engineers/STEM types not on the spectrum seem to get the ASD thing...many of their peers are on it.

That should do it. ;)

:D :)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2020, 1:50 am

Starlight2001 wrote:
Whale_Tuune wrote:
Speak of the devil....

If you feel you need to say "no" then do it. It may seem wrong but it's important. You need to protect yourself.

I think self-assertiveness training is in order.
It is a problem for aspies generally.

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2020, 7:56 am

ilwpbimt wrote:
Use Eharmony.com

Select introverted men with good executive function and empathy. Kind engineers/STEM types not on the spectrum seem to get the ASD thing...many of their peers are on it.

That should do it. ;)

:D :)

Hmmm that's a good call. I tend to like those types of men too-- not on the spectrum (so they can support me) but close enough to it that they will understand what I go through on a regular basis.

I always thought of them as "extroverted geeks" though... usually connected to some kind of geek culture/STEM field but not Autistic themselves.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2020, 12:12 pm

Look for fan clubs that cater to your interests.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 10:52 am

Learn to spot manipulative, narcisistic and sociopathic behaviour. If any boyfriend prospect exhibits these characteristics, then leave. Never think that you don't deserve better. Some men with AS also tend to end up with toxic and emotionally abusive women, so I feel your pain.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 3:23 pm

I feel like from everything you've posted here you really need to learn how to protect yourself from bad men because everything your ex is doing is basic manipulation and you're just going for it.

You will never be free from these bad men unless you know how to spot their behaviour. And trust me, these guys are trash. The good guys are out there but you won't know unless you know what red flags are.

This lady, listen to her.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2020, 4:18 am

Lunella wrote:
I feel like from everything you've posted here you really need to learn how to protect yourself from bad men because everything your ex is doing is basic manipulation and you're just going for it.

You will never be free from these bad men unless you know how to spot their behaviour. And trust me, these guys are trash. The good guys are out there but you won't know unless you know what red flags are.

This lady, listen to her.