Page 20 of 21 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Which Religion Should Be The National Religion?
Animism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Atheism 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
Buddhism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Christianity 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Confucianism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Druidism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gnosticism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hinduism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Islam 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Jainism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Judaism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mormonism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paganism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Scientology 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Shamanism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Shintoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sikhism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Taoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Zoroastrianism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other: ________________ (Please elaborate). 39%  39%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 33

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2020, 9:32 am

No one has a problem serving "gay" people (men attracted to men). I don't think any Christians would have any problem selling groceries to a "gay" person or baking a birthday cake or even a wedding cake for someone who is "gay." It used to be more common in the past for "gay" people to get married and I don't recall ever hearing anyone refusing to help with their wedding or marriage.

The issue is whether the government should persecute Christians (and other people with morals - regardless of whether they are religious or atheists) for not acting against their deeply held beliefs.

For example, should an atheist who declines a job as a photographer for a "marriage" ceremony between a man and a dog (if such marriages became legal) be charged with a crime for not approving of or being willing to promote the bestiality lifestyle because he's repulsed by it?

Last edited by emotrtkey on 13 Sep 2020, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Sep 2020, 9:37 am

Vermontsavant, I didn't mean to mock you, it was just a pedantic compulsion. I'm sorry if you felt mocked.
I shared my opinion and experience that when entering a mosque, I find it a matter of respect to other people there to cover my hair even if I don't share beliefs behind it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 10:05 am

emotrtkey wrote:
No one has a problem serving "gay" people (men attracted to men). I don't think any Christians would have any problem selling groceries to a "gay" person or baking a birthday cake or even a wedding cake for someone who is "gay." It used to be more common in the past for "gay" people to get married and I don't recall ever hearing anyone refusing to help with their wedding or marriage.

The issue is whether the government should persecute Christians (and other people with morals - regardless of whether they are religious or atheists) for not acting against their deeply held beliefs.

For example, should an atheist who declines a job as a photographer for a "marriage" ceremony between a man and a dog (if such marriages became legal) be charged with a crime for not approving of or being willing to promote the bestiality lifestyle because he's repulsed by it?

i Find Your Opinion, Literally Disgusting;
Comparing The Nature of Homosexuality
With the Nature of Bestiality; Not only Disgusting,
Now For Real; But Worse than Disgusting; Human
Without Empathy, for Others Who Are Different.

To Be Clear; i don't Judge the Sinner;
i am Not Talking About 'You'; i am Talking
About the Sin of 'Your Church' that has
Obviously taken You down
the Path
of this
Inhumanity;
Be Human; Not
A Book; Not a Brick
And Mortar Structure;
Be Love; And Don't
Hate What IN
BEHAVIOR
WHAT
You
Are Not;
Someone Much More
Loving indeed, so Gay
And True With Love; Very
Rarely, Have i ever met a Gay
Person who is not Kinder and
More Loving than So-called Straight
Folks; They've Suffered at the Ignorance
of the 'Church of Your Kind'; They've Earned
Their Empathy and Do not do the Same to Others....

All In the Name of Love This Ignorance Your Opinion Is;

All in the Reality of Human Fear, And Suffering, And Harm it
Does relate in REAL LIFE STILL NOW; i have very close

Close Relatives who are
Gay and Man to Man
as i haven't checked
Your Gender
i find Your
Opinion
EXTREMELY
OFFENSIVE FOR
THE LOVE OF OTHERS
who dwarf the Love
You Relate Here for Real

NOTHING ABOUT
LOVE AT ALL AS
FAR AWAY
FROM THE
STORY OF
LOVE THAT
HUMAN EVER
WILL HEAR OR BE...

Either It's Love or Not;
You Speak NO Love Here;

Bake me a Cake Baby
With Icing too or keep
Throwing the Baby of
Love (Jesus) Out With the Cake You Bake Now....

We All Ready Have A Nationalistic Religion of
Ignorance, Fear and Hate; all that Colors 'Trump'
Now And Two Thousand Years Ago in a Place Named 'Rome' too....

Other than that; Thanks For the Dark Muse; You Are Simply a Fabulous

Muse for Poetry

Dear Friend...

In Other Words;
Don't Take it
Personal; It's Just a Story...
In Fact; It's ALL A Story Written
With the Blood of Love or the Blood of Nothing.... @ALL

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 10:24 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
magz wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Yes I said the business I owned would serve gays but if you read my post I explicitly said that;Business owners in the private sector should have the right to choose there clients based on there values.I may not have used those exact words but that's what I said.

How about an idea of businesses not serving some ethnicities?
Now THAT would be racist and if that type of discrimination became public news, people would be in even more in an uproar than if a gay couple was denied service. At least with LGBT discrimination there would be a group of people who would think that they should have the right to refuse service. There's still quite a few of homophobics, but there are even less racists. Buuuuuuuuuut, any businesses who have such protections would be able to refuse service to ANYONE. So maybe at some point there'll be someone crazy enough to refuse service to someone who's muslim, for example.

So yeah, that's a big flaw in the "right to refuse service to whoever" argument.

I'm so glad that's not a thing in the UK. If you're racist or homophobic here it's classed as a hate crime and you can get fined heavily for it. It all started from the Sophie Lancaster murder and I'm so glad they did the work they did after it because it gives innocent people protection from racial abuse. There's none of this deeply unintelligent not serving you cause you're blue/black/brown etc.

A lot of the racists here don't mess around with Muslims now. Not to say Muslims are of one race of course, plenty are mixed race just like with Christianity however majority are middle eastern and these are the ones who tend to get the brunt of the unecessary abuse.

However I have found Muslims in general do get a lot of hate still, and it's mostly out of simply not knowing about the religion/sects and massive generalisations.

It's actually one of the most rising popular religions though, and frankly when you've lived a life of crime and drugs it does seem to be putting kids back on the straight and narrow.

Many of you will find this interesting.

Ecclectic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2020, 10:36 am

I had to vote other because the poll doesn't have a none option

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 11:01 am

magz wrote:
Vermontsavant, I didn't mean to mock you, it was just a pedantic compulsion. I'm sorry if you felt mocked.
I shared my opinion and experience that when entering a mosque, I find it a matter of respect to other people there to cover my hair even if I don't share beliefs behind it.

Sorry for misjudging you,a lot of people have been mean lately,but I still should not have jumped to conclusions.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 3:56 pm

Ecclectic wrote:
I had to vote other because the poll doesn't have a none option
No worries.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 3:59 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
... The issue is whether the government should persecute Christians (and other people with morals - regardless of whether they are religious or atheists) for not acting against their deeply held beliefs...
No, the issue, as stated in the first post of this thread, is: "For those of you who believe that religious and secular governments should be one and the same, which religion do you think such a national religion should be?"

You have taken the topic of this thread way off track.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:07 pm

I, for one, am relieved that the oppressive capacity of Christian state religion has apparently been reduced from the acts of torture, burning at the stake, pogroms, forced conversions, holy wars and bloody conquest to refusing to make cakes for gay couples...

And let's face it. We all knew that the cake was a lie.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:10 pm

GGPViper wrote:
I, for one, am relieved that the oppressive capacity of Christian state religion has apparently been reduced from the acts of torture, burning at the stake, pogroms, forced conversions, holy wars and bloody conquest to refusing to make cakes for gay couples...

Even worse ... there is no cake.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

Even worse ... there is no cake.

WHUT??? :cry:

Ecclectic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2020, 4:35 pm

Cake or death

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2020, 5:40 pm

Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
... The issue is whether the government should persecute Christians (and other people with morals - regardless of whether they are religious or atheists) for not acting against their deeply held beliefs...
No, the issue, as stated in the first post of this thread, is: "For those of you who believe that religious and secular governments should be one and the same, which religion do you think such a national religion should be?"

You have taken the topic of this thread way off track.

I don't think religious and secular governments should be one and the same. I don't know anyone who thinks they should be either. However, I do believe laws should be right and just meaning those who harm others should be held accountable and those who don't harm others shouldn't be punished. That's why I selected Christianity.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 6:48 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
I don't think religious and secular governments should be one and the same. I don't know anyone who thinks they should be either. However, I do believe laws should be right and just meaning those who harm others should be held accountable and those who don't harm others shouldn't be punished. That's why I selected Christianity.
Quoted for posterity -- in case you ever post something contradictory.

I've saved the link, too.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=390024&p=8611234#p8611183

Now, do you still claim that Christianity should become America's national religion?

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2020, 7:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:

Now, do you still claim that Christianity should become America's national religion?

Yes. I think laws should conform to the teaching of the ancient Christian faith (aka the Catholic church) because morality comes from God, not the opinions of men. I prefer the model used during the glorious Middle Ages where church and state were separate but the laws of the secular government were influenced by Christianity instead of people's ever changing opinions.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 7:51 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:

Yes. I think laws should conform to the teaching of the ancient Christian faith (aka the Catholic church) because morality comes from God, not the opinions of men. I prefer the model used during the glorious Middle Ages where church and state were separate but the laws of the secular government were influenced by Christianity instead of people's ever changing opinions.

The idea of crazed fanatics in power is why I'm glad we no longer live in the middle ages. I hope it stays that way.