Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

questor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 3:28 pm

Although this is a health matter, the post is basically a commentary on my situation, and not seeking any real medical info. I live alone, so I don't have anyone to talk to most of the time. Being an introvert I usually don't mind this, but once in a while I do feel a need to talk to others.

About 5 weeks ago I got a cold or flu. For my entire life, it has always taken me a long time to shake them off. This time, at about the end of the 3rd week I seemed to be well on the road to recovery, but a couple of days later I took a turn for the worse, and my left lung got involved. Been dealing with that for about 2 weeks now, and it's really draining me. Been using immune boosting supplements the whole time, including some I had my older brother bring over, but I'm still having trouble with my left lung. The nasal part is much better now, but I still need to cough at times, which is very painful. Trying to stay out of the hospital, as I don't want some idiot staffer to quarantine me there when I can just as well stay home in quarantine. I am also not going to let anyone shove a stick way up my nose, possibly poking holes in my nasal lining, and possibly moving germs deeper into my sinuses. Also, the relative who would take me to the hospital would be at risk of having them quarantine him, so he said he'd only be able to drop me off there, and wouldn't be able to visit me if I was made to stay over.

I almost never go out due to other chronic health issues and almost never have visitors, except for my older brother, who drops off groceries for me. I don't know if I just caught a cold, or the flu, or Covid-19. Doesn't matter. If I have to be sick I'd rather be stuck at home than stuck in the hospital, at the mercy of strangers. If it is Covid-19, I'm not putting the general public at risk. At least here my brother can stop by about once a week to check on me, along with frequent emails and phone calls.

I hate being sick, so I guess I just needed to vent. :(

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 4:09 pm

Sorry to hear of your situation, hope you get better soon.

I can relate to a lot of what you say about hospitals.