Are anti-maskers, covid deniers etc. like suicide bombers?

Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2020, 10:55 am

magz wrote:
Everyone's death is inevitable.
So, by this logic, every serial killer walking out there is only speeding the inevitable.
Should we not worry about serial killers? Their impact on population is negligible.

Serial killers kill young, healthy people too. They kill those who likely have their whole lives ahead of them. The vast majority of those dying of the virus are those whose chances are slim anyway, and many likely have a very poor quality of life as it is. The risk of death is low, even among the "high risk". So sorry magz, you're not getting me to accept your views.

Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2020, 10:59 am

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
magz wrote:
So, by this logic, every serial killer walking out there is only speeding the inevitable.
Should we not worry about serial killers? Their impact on population is negligible.

Serial killers kill young, healthy people too. They kill those who likely have their whole lives ahead of them. The vast majority of those dying of the virus are those whose chances are slim anyway, and many likely have a very poor quality of life as it is. The risk of death is low, even among the "high risk". So sorry magz, you're not getting me to accept your views.
So, a serial killer who would only kill old homeless people would be okay?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2020, 11:07 am

Fortunately, Light is Greater Than Dark Historically Still Breathing

Now And the Likes of 'Trump' Are Eventually Defeated By Light;

And On the Other Hand, Anyone with Any Science Education

That is Real AND BROAD; Neither Plays with Climate Change or

Pandemics And Expects to Thrive as a Society for the Long Term;

Even as Short TERM as ICU's Filling

Up and People

Gasping for
Breath with
A Heart Attack, ETC..
And the Such Not able to Get in...

For Any Chance to BREaTHE again...

Fortunately, THere is Light
And Science Same Saving
Folks From THeir Ignorance iN DarK iNdeed...

ThiS Way, 'The Ignorant' Are Saved From their own Devices
of Harming Their Selves and Others Up to the Self-fulfilling Penalty of Death...

Society, Overall in a Democracy, Decides What Least Harm is or is not and

What Laws Will Apply...

Go with the
Ride or find

A More Dangerous Place to Hide...

Anti-Maskers; Covid19-Deniers; The Etcetera
Still Like Suicide Bombers, All Have one thing in
Common; Actually 3 and Many More, if ya wanna count:

Ignorance Harms, Maims And

Ignorance Kills,
Ignorance Kills,
Ignorance Kills,

Science Saves Lives
And the Reason of
Nature as Naturally
Born in Altruistic
Love Not all
Are Born
ThiS Way...
And Gardened
ACross A Life

SPan True

Laws Protect
'The Loving' With
Empathy For ALL NoW
From the 'Not So Loving'

With Empathy

Now

Still

This is the Way, Generally Speaking,
IT has always Been; But Generally Speaking,
Those Without Much Loving Empathy For All in Cultures

of Cooperation...

From Before...

Don't Meet As
Nice of a Change
That is Coming for Trump
And 'Companies' Soon on
November 3rd, 2020, and After That...

True; Not only do they Get to Live; They
Will Be Protected From Their Ignorance More As Well...

And if the Lion of Love and Empathy Has Any Real 'SMaRTS',
It Will Never Go to Sleep and Forget to Vote Again in Apathy

Or A
Dark
Force
May Return
Again As SCaRCiTY
Naturally Breeds Out
of Abundance iN Love
Breathing Within Empathy for All...

Meh; Overall the System for Light is still working..

iF it fails, EvenTuAlly ANoTHeR Will come; for NoW iN this
Peace i Enjoy Life as Any Individual Will Who Sees THE

WHOLE GIFT DarK Thru LiGHT...STiLL NoW

DarK Ignorance With Little Empathy for
All Through LoVE iN LiGhT And
Empathy As well For ALL
With Science in Spice of
Doing What Frigging Really Works...

By Observing What the HeLL and
Heaven is really going down and up...
THere is No longer Any Room For 'the
Lion of Love' to Fall Asleep in Apathy...
Comfortably Numb at the Edge of 'A Cliff'....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2020, 11:16 am

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
malavois wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
malavois wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
You can call us brats, psychopaths, or whatever labels you want. It's all meaningless to me. Why should I care about the opinions of a bunch of germophobic leftists? Just like I can say that I believe pro-mask people are meddling, paranoid, tyrannical communists who believe whatever propaganda the government pitches without question. They are annoying in the extreme. I wear a face shield to avoid harassment from the paranoid loonies, but that's all. Where it's not required by law, I will not wear one. I don't agree with it and don't support it, nor do I give a crap about the virus. It will eventually go away, just like the 1918 flu pandemic and 2009 H1N1. I just hope they get a vaccine soon so the cry babies can shut up about it and we can go back to something approaching a normal life. Not that I'll be getting any vaccines.

The great thing about reality is that in hindsight, everyone will know what was real and what was the government-fabricated lie spun up to sow division.

They sure will. But we may disagree on what that will be. I guess we'll see :wink:

I’m curious. You don’t seem stupid or reckless. Why don’t you believe that COVID-19 is a serious illness and that wearing a mask can help prevent the spread of the disease? Why? This is a serious question. You can PM me the answer if you don’t want everyone else here to see. I am so curious.

The world is overpopulated. Diseases are a way to control the population through survival of the fittest.

Yikes.

Don't pretend to care about disabled people then use lines like that.

My mother could've died of a disease aged 29. She still has the disease. The NHS keeps her alive.

She is less of a 'useless eater' than I am. She helps disabled children through a middle class job.

What you are advocating is eugenics.

No, just natural selection. People will die of diseases no matter what we do. And you said "could have died". She also "could have" survived. Just because a "high risk" person catches the virus it doesn't mean they are going to die. Most young disabled people probably would survive it. Most older high risk people survive it. I just see the level of risk to the majority of people as acceptable with this virus. That is low. Just like driving a car. It could kill me or others, but the level of risk is low, therefore acceptable. We all have our own opinions on how high a level of risk is acceptable.

Do not speak to me again unless you have a change of heart as to how you see people with diseases.

PS her lifelong deafness and bad back were not caused by coronavirus but by a different disease
PPS You would have deprived a 9 yo of a mother with this attitude.

I would not be depriving anyone of anything. That would be nature/God/fate. They can indeed be cruel. Even if corona had never existed, do you know how many children around the world lose their parents to various diseases, accidents, or violence? Many millions. I never said that people with disabilities or illness should not be treated. That is ludicrous. I just mean that the risk of death from coronavirus is very low for everyone, even those with disabilities. Some will die, but there is no way to stop everyone in the world from dying from everything and we probably shouldn't be doing that anyway, due to overpopulation. If people would stop reproducing we could all be immortal but that's not going to happen. So some death, sad to say, is necessary.

My mother didn't have covid in the 90s.

Learn some empathy.

Most aspies have more empathy than most NTs ffs.

Last edited by Cornflake on 27 Oct 2020, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Removed personal attack

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2020, 11:31 am

KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
malavois wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
malavois wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
You can call us brats, psychopaths, or whatever labels you want. It's all meaningless to me. Why should I care about the opinions of a bunch of germophobic leftists? Just like I can say that I believe pro-mask people are meddling, paranoid, tyrannical communists who believe whatever propaganda the government pitches without question. They are annoying in the extreme. I wear a face shield to avoid harassment from the paranoid loonies, but that's all. Where it's not required by law, I will not wear one. I don't agree with it and don't support it, nor do I give a crap about the virus. It will eventually go away, just like the 1918 flu pandemic and 2009 H1N1. I just hope they get a vaccine soon so the cry babies can shut up about it and we can go back to something approaching a normal life. Not that I'll be getting any vaccines.

The great thing about reality is that in hindsight, everyone will know what was real and what was the government-fabricated lie spun up to sow division.

They sure will. But we may disagree on what that will be. I guess we'll see :wink:

I’m curious. You don’t seem stupid or reckless. Why don’t you believe that COVID-19 is a serious illness and that wearing a mask can help prevent the spread of the disease? Why? This is a serious question. You can PM me the answer if you don’t want everyone else here to see. I am so curious.

The world is overpopulated. Diseases are a way to control the population through survival of the fittest.

Yikes.

My mother could've died of a disease aged 29. She still has the disease. The NHS keeps her alive.

She is less of a 'useless eater' than I am. She helps disabled children through a middle class job.

No, just natural selection. People will die of diseases no matter what we do. And you said "could have died". She also "could have" survived. Just because a "high risk" person catches the virus it doesn't mean they are going to die. Most young disabled people probably would survive it. Most older high risk people survive it. I just see the level of risk to the majority of people as acceptable with this virus. That is low. Just like driving a car. It could kill me or others, but the level of risk is low, therefore acceptable. We all have our own opinions on how high a level of risk is acceptable.

Do not speak to me again unless you have a change of heart as to how you see people with diseases.

PS her lifelong deafness and bad back were not caused by coronavirus but by a different disease

I would not be depriving anyone of anything. That would be nature/God/fate. They can indeed be cruel. Even if corona had never existed, do you know how many children around the world lose their parents to various diseases, accidents, or violence? Many millions. I never said that people with disabilities or illness should not be treated. That is ludicrous. I just mean that the risk of death from coronavirus is very low for everyone, even those with disabilities. Some will die, but there is no way to stop everyone in the world from dying from everything and we probably shouldn't be doing that anyway, due to overpopulation. If people would stop reproducing we could all be immortal but that's not going to happen. So some death, sad to say, is necessary.

Learn some empathy.

I don't want that much empathy. I feel I have a sufficient amount. I find it a weakness not a strength, when taken to the extreme that people are taking it to, that they would rob us of our rights.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2020, 11:32 am

aghogday wrote:

Fortunately, Light is Greater Than Dark Historically Still Breathing

Now And the Likes of 'Trump' Are Eventually Defeated By Light;

And On the Other Hand, Anyone with Any Science Education

That is Real AND BROAD; Neither Plays with Climate Change or

Pandemics And Expects to Thrive as a Society for the Long Term;

Even as Short TERM as ICU's Filling

Up and People

Gasping for
Breath with
A Heart Attack, ETC..
And the Such Not able to Get in...

For Any Chance to BREaTHE again...

Fortunately, THere is Light
And Science Same Saving
Folks From THeir Ignorance iN DarK iNdeed...

ThiS Way, 'The Ignorant' Are Saved From their own Devices
of Harming Their Selves and Others Up to the Self-fulfilling Penalty of Death...

Society, Overall in a Democracy, Decides What Least Harm is or is not and

What Laws Will Apply...

Go with the
Ride or find

A More Dangerous Place to Hide...

Anti-Maskers; Covid19-Deniers; The Etcetera
Still Like Suicide Bombers, All Have one thing in
Common; Actually 3 and Many More, if ya wanna count:

Ignorance Harms, Maims And

Ignorance Kills,
Ignorance Kills,
Ignorance Kills,

Science Saves Lives
And the Reason of
Nature as Naturally
Born in Altruistic
Love Not all
Are Born
ThiS Way...
And Gardened
ACross A Life

SPan True

Laws Protect
'The Loving' With
Empathy For ALL NoW
From the 'Not So Loving'

With Empathy

Now

Still

This is the Way, Generally Speaking,
IT has always Been; But Generally Speaking,
Those Without Much Loving Empathy For All in Cultures

of Cooperation...

From Before...

Don't Meet As
Nice of a Change
That is Coming for Trump
And 'Companies' Soon on
November 3rd, 2020, and After That...

True; Not only do they Get to Live; They
Will Be Protected From Their Ignorance More As Well...

And if the Lion of Love and Empathy Has Any Real 'SMaRTS',
It Will Never Go to Sleep and Forget to Vote Again in Apathy

Or A
Dark
Force
May Return
Again As SCaRCiTY
Naturally Breeds Out
of Abundance iN Love
Breathing Within Empathy for All...

Meh; Overall the System for Light is still working..

iF it fails, EvenTuAlly ANoTHeR Will come; for NoW iN this
Peace i Enjoy Life as Any Individual Will Who Sees THE

WHOLE GIFT DarK Thru LiGHT...STiLL NoW

DarK Ignorance With Little Empathy for
All Through LoVE iN LiGhT And
Empathy As well For ALL
With Science in Spice of
Doing What Frigging Really Works...

By Observing What the HeLL and
Heaven is really going down and up...
THere is No longer Any Room For 'the
Lion of Love' to Fall Asleep in Apathy...
Comfortably Numb at the Edge of 'A Cliff'....

Dream on bro :lol: I do like the song, but not Ms. Perry's politics.

Last edited by AspiePrincess611 on 27 Oct 2020, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2020, 11:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There have been many people "with diseases" who have helped mankind evolve through various means----like inventions, new ideas, new philosophical notions, many things.

There have been many instances where convalescence from disease has resulted in somebody coming up with great things.

Yes and people who aren't comic book villains have always pitied them/wanted what's best/wanted to get rid of disease. Just human nature to wish other humans well.

Even if they got it wrong. Eg the almost religious worship of Galen for centuries and reliance on the four humours. The reliance on religion - praying for disease to go away, making sacrifices to the gods so it goes away etc. It comes from a good place even if it's wrong.

Fortunately we have good science today so we can work on a cure. Of course in the future they'll look back at our cures and think they're primitive, but we work with what we have just as people always have done.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2020, 11:34 am

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
malavois wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
malavois wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:

Yikes.

Learn some empathy.

I don't want that much empathy. I feel I have a sufficient amount. I find it a weakness not a strength, when taken to the extreme that people are taking it to, that they would rob us of our rights.

As the person you are failing to empathise with...
No, you don't.

I severely doubt this is just caused by autism.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2020, 11:36 am

magz wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
magz wrote:

No, murder is still a crime and should remain so. You are talking about one human killing another, and I am talking about nature killing humans or animals. Different things.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2020, 11:39 am

KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
malavois wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
malavois wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:

Yikes.

Learn some empathy.

As the person you are failing to empathise with...
No, you don't.

I severely doubt this is just caused by autism.

That's your opinion, which means nothing to me. I do not harm animals or people on purpose, I try not to purposely harm anything. So therefore I have enough empathy. I allow statistics and probability to guide my decisions, not sentimental human emotions like "empathy". My choices are guided by my own beliefs and are not caused by autism.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2020, 11:43 am

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
magz wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
magz wrote:
No, murder is still a crime and should remain so. You are talking about one human killing another, and I am talking about nature killing humans or animals. Different things.
Nature? Say, a pack of rabid dogs roaming the streets, biting homeless people?
I'm trying to understand the boundaries of your respect to human life.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2020, 11:50 am

Interestingly, And Ironically, Empathy is Also What Anti-Maskers,
Covid-19-Deniers, And Suicide Bombers Actually Share that is indeed
What Makes the Ignorance as Face Palm Thick as It is, for Those Who 'See' Through IT.

The Empathy of Dark Social Cohesion; Bonding Over Almost Anything Dark or Light to
Keep the Group Together; A Common Enemy May Be the Hero That Actually Saves their Lives;

But in the 'In-Group', They All agree with the Social Contagion of Ignorance in Empathy that
The Villain is their Savior aS inDeed, 'They' truly Believe by Watching Fox News Propaganda And
the Like on Fifth Avenue where a Gun is Pointed and a Trigger Almost Pulled against their closest
Loves ones now; indeed, often Parents and Grandparents too; those who are the Hardest to Lose now
Providing the most Lifetime Nurturing for those able to Feel the Empathy of Oxytocin Cohesion Still... Yet 'They'

Still Follow A 'Most Despicable
Leader' as Fiction is Reality Now;

Emotions Don't Care if Science
Says The Facts Saves Lives or Not;

And in Fact, Love and Empathy are
Obviously Fallen in Human Nature this way;
For 'Blind' StumbLeD iN A Faith of DarK NoW.

There is No Truth oF LoVE NoW Without Wisdom of Reason;

There is No Reason Without Reality of Emotions, Our Feelings;

As It's True as Science Shows, Take Away the Emotions and a Human
Being Won't Be Able to Determine (Feel) What Colors to Wear to Church

Or Why They Go to

Church at

All for
People
Are Motivated
First By Feelings
of Emotions and
Senses Whether
Regulated Nicely
And Integrated With
Reasons That Truly Make
Sense for Long Term Survival...

This is the Human Condition Still;

And if Trump and Some Followers
Don't Prove How Humans Run on
This Traditional Way of Social Cohesion
Bonding Over Dark Ignorance to Stay Together,

We Should Have Already learned Our Lesson through
All the Other Demagogues in Human History, Who Have
Taken Advantage of the Similar Human Nature; This is Predictable

As Charlie
Chaplin's
the "Great Dictator's Speech," still;

It comes Back unless We Choose
A Path of Love And Empathy that
Includes Wisdom of Reason too;

Ya gotta Have 'Yin and Yang';

THere Ain't No escaping IT

Until LiGHT And DarK Becomes Twilight

And We aRe Integrated WHoLE; Arts And Reasons All;

But that only Happens at the Individual Level First; Sure with

A little help

From Friends...

For those
With Any
Capacity
to Really
See and
Hear a Bigger
Story of Life than
They have Been Spoon-Fed Before...

And on the '8th Day' 'God' (Us) Creates the Internet; This Web; This Lair;

Voila, Now Veils of Ignorance Falling and New Ones Created Every Now...

Masks
Masks
Still Such
A Lovely Ugly Halloween
Metaphor Unmasked Now
Human Nature DarK Thru LiGHT...

Once in A Blue Full Moon Folks Escape

the Dark Side of the Moon...

Perhaps..

1 or 2

or

More

or Now

maybe none...

Sigh; i cry, i try,

i Sweat, i Believe, i Breathe,

i Bleed, i Thrive more than try...

TWiLiGHT

i LoVE

iT All...

Meh..
Just
Be Cause i AM
i Can And Will NoW.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2020, 11:51 am

magz wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
magz wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
magz wrote:
Nature? Say, a pack of rabid dogs roaming the streets, biting homeless people?
I'm trying to understand the boundaries of your respect to human life.

When the risk of a random person dying of something is less than 2%, I do not consider it a serious threat. Rabid dogs and murderers are things that can be dealt with without all of society making radical and disruptive changes to their lives. People, as I have said, die in auto accidents at a rate close to that of this virus. Therefore why do we not ban cars? I just have a higher tolerance for risk than the more left-wing people on here. I would not be getting it, but the best solution to this problem is for a vaccine to be made available as quickly as possible. Also making protective equipment that provides such a great degree of protection that it virtually ensures the wearer will not get infected widely available so that the rest of society does not have to wear it would be a great idea also.
And to those who say I lack empathy, I feel terrible for your poor hypothetical dogs. Doomed to die for humans. :(

Last edited by AspiePrincess611 on 27 Oct 2020, 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2020, 11:54 am

aghogday wrote:
Interestingly, And Ironically, Empathy is Also What Anti-Maskers,
Covid-19-Deniers, And Suicide Bombers Actually Share that is indeed
What Makes the Ignorance as Face Palm Thick as It is, for Those Who 'See' Through IT.

The Empathy of Dark Social Cohesion; Bonding Over Almost Anything Dark or Light to
Keep the Group Together; A Common Enemy May Be the Hero That Actually Saves their Lives;

But in the 'In-Group', They All agree with the Social Contagion of Ignorance in Empathy that
The Villain is their Savior aS inDeed, 'They' truly Believe by Watching Fox News Propaganda And
the Like on Fifth Avenue where a Gun is Pointed and a Trigger Almost Pulled against their closest
Loves ones now; indeed, often Parents and Grandparents too; those who are the Hardest to Lose now
Providing the most Lifetime Nurturing for those able to Feel the Empathy of Oxytocin Cohesion Still... Yet 'They'

Still Follow A 'Most Despicable
Leader' as Fiction is Reality Now;

Emotions Don't Care if Science
Says The Facts Saves Lives or Not;

And in Fact, Love and Empathy are
Obviously Fallen in Human Nature this way;
For 'Blind' StumbLeD iN A Faith of DarK NoW.

There is No Truth oF LoVE NoW Without Wisdom of Reason;

There is No Reason Without Reality of Emotions, Our Feelings;

As It's True as Science Shows, Take Away the Emotions and a Human
Being Won't Be Able to Determine (Feel) What Colors to Wear to Church

Or Why They Go to

Church at

All for
People
Are Motivated
First By Feelings
of Emotions and
Senses Whether
Regulated Nicely
And Integrated With
Reasons That Truly Make
Sense for Long Term Survival...

This is the Human Condition Still;

And if Trump and Some Followers
Don't Prove How Humans Run on
This Traditional Way of Social Cohesion
Bonding Over Dark Ignorance to Stay Together,

We Should Have Already learned Our Lesson through
All the Other Demagogues in Human History, Who Have
Taken Advantage of the Similar Human Nature; This is Predictable

As Charlie
Chaplin's
the "Great Dictator's Speech," still;

It comes Back unless We Choose
A Path of Love And Empathy that
Includes Wisdom of Reason too;

Ya gotta Have 'Yin and Yang';

THere Ain't No escaping IT

Until LiGHT And DarK Becomes Twilight

And We aRe Integrated WHoLE; Arts And Reasons All;

But that only Happens at the Individual Level First; Sure with

A little help

From Friends...

For those
With Any
Capacity
to Really
See and
Hear a Bigger
Story of Life than
They have Been Spoon-Fed Before...

And on the '8th Day' 'God' (Us) Creates the Internet; This Web; This Lair;

Voila, Now Veils of Ignorance Falling and New Ones Created Every Now...

Masks
Masks
Still Such
A Lovely Ugly Halloween
Metaphor Unmasked Now
Human Nature DarK Thru LiGHT...

Once in A Blue Full Moon Folks Escape

the Dark Side of the Moon...

Perhaps..

1 or 2

or

More

or Now

maybe none...

Sigh; i cry, i try,

i Sweat, i Believe, i Breathe,

i Bleed, i Thrive more than try...

TWiLiGHT

i LoVE

iT All...

Meh..
Just
Be Cause i AM
i Can And Will NoW.

As long as I live, I and others on the right will fight against your agenda. Even if your candidate does win, and may God help us if we get that demented fool as our president, I will resist him. I will fight.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2020, 12:09 pm

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
When the risk of a random person dying of something is less than 2%, I do not consider it a serious threat. Rabid dogs and murderers are things that can be dealt with without all of society making radical and disruptive changes to their lives.
Is wearing a mask and washing your hands a disruptive change?
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
People, as I have said, die in auto accidents at a rate close to that of this virus. Therefore why do we not ban cars?
Why are there all these driving-related regulations limiting my freedom of movement? I want to drive on the left side of the road! It's my freedom! :jester:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I just have a higher tolerance for risk than the more left-wing people on here.
Or maybe less belief in cooperation?
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I would not be getting it, but the best solution to this problem is for a vaccine to be made available as quickly as possible. Also making protective equipment that provides such a great degree of protection that it virtually ensures the wearer will not get infected widely available so that the rest of society does not have to wear it would be a great idea also.
And to those who say I lack empathy, I feel terrible for your poor hypothetical dogs. Doomed to die for humans. :(
If they were rabid, they would be doomed to die anyway :(

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2020, 12:15 pm

magz wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
When the risk of a random person dying of something is less than 2%, I do not consider it a serious threat. Rabid dogs and murderers are things that can be dealt with without all of society making radical and disruptive changes to their lives.
Is wearing a mask and washing your hands a disruptive change?
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
People, as I have said, die in auto accidents at a rate close to that of this virus. Therefore why do we not ban cars?
Why are there all these driving-related regulations limiting my freedom of movement? I want to drive on the left side of the road! It's my freedom! :jester:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I just have a higher tolerance for risk than the more left-wing people on here.
Or maybe less belief in cooperation?
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I would not be getting it, but the best solution to this problem is for a vaccine to be made available as quickly as possible. Also making protective equipment that provides such a great degree of protection that it virtually ensures the wearer will not get infected widely available so that the rest of society does not have to wear it would be a great idea also.
If they were rabid, they would be doomed to die anyway :(

Yes, I find masks unattractive, uncomfortable, and yes, very disruptive. They hide our faces and our identity. I hate them. To say you want to drive on the left hand side of the road is silly and not relevant. I don't really believe in cooperation. You come into this world alone, you go out alone. I prefer for most people to leave me alone. I refuse to "cooperate" or ask for help unless absolutely necessary. So yes, I oppose cooperation unless people choose to do so of their own free will. I oppose forced cooperation.
And yes, rabies would kill the dogs. But to save humans, you probably find it acceptable to end their lives prematurely? Is that not the humane thing to do, end their suffering? What about dying humans? Why should we not end their suffering? Why a double standard? That is the thing I find arrogant about humans. Thinking they are superior to all other creatures.