Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2020, 11:09 pm

Say that your just kicking back with new faces or even old friends you haven't seen in a while and you get lost in your thoughts and your questioning yourself how you came to be in that certain moment and you feel like you're in a movie or screenplay. Would this be described as dissociation, I almost feel like it would be described as schizotypical behavior. Btw, I'm diagnosed with schitzoaffective disorder. The clinic I go to basically told me to focus on managing my psychosis and for anything else in depth or autism related to just meditate....someday I'll find another clinic.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2020, 5:44 am

Relax_on_Standby wrote:
Say that your just kicking back with new faces or even old friends you haven't seen in a while and you get lost in your thoughts and your questioning yourself how you came to be in that certain moment and you feel like you're in a movie or screenplay. Would this be described as dissociation, I almost feel like it would be described as schizotypical behavior. Btw, I'm diagnosed with schitzoaffective disorder. The clinic I go to basically told me to focus on managing my psychosis and for anything else in depth or autism related to just meditate....someday I'll find another clinic.
This is a classic philosophical question. How do I know you exist and aren't just a figment of my imagination. You can't really prove that this is false. Most people will think about thsi question at one point or another there are similar questions liek How do I know I exist or Last thursdayism (the idea that everything popped up itno existence last thursday. The answer to these questions well except the first one. The answer to the first one was "Cogito, ergo sum" or "I think therefore I am" - René Descarte. It's simply easier to think that everything actually exists and isn't a falsehood. There's also occams razor which is "the principle that, of two explanations that account for all the facts, the simpler one is more likely to be correct. It is applied to a wide range of disciplines, including religion, physics, and medicine." - Britannica Both of these would be cut by the occam's razor so to speak.