I got hit with covid 19, anyone else?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,085
Location: Pacific Northwest

21 Sep 2020, 9:43 pm

About two weeks ago I got a really bad headache and I thought it was caffeine withdrawel so I bought myself an energy drink when I got off at my work and went to work. Then I got a sore throat and runny nose while I was working and then I came home and I got the chills and I was so cold, I had to turn off our AC and the fan and no amount of heat in my room made me warm. My whole body was cold and my son thought I just had a fever so he gave me an extra blanket to cover up with.

The next day I called in sick because of a fever and bad headache and I slept for two days straight. I was so weak my parents had to make an appointment for me and get me tested for Covid and then I was feeling better on Friday, the day I got tested so I had more energy and felt normal. I still didn't go to work that night and I waited to hear the results and it was positive.

So at the same time, I was dealing with political stress and what has been going on out there and having all these wild fires and then someone decided to attack my Haven thread on here and I blew up at them and left in rage and at the same time I also had Covid 19 and didn't know it and then was tested positive so more stress there. I honestly thought I was going to get banned for my blow up and didn't care at the time. I guess I just needed a break from here to recover and to take a break from all this political stuff and I kept up to date on the fires instead and we had the worst air quality in the world. And this is what our town looked like everyone, so smokey it looked like fog but it was all smoke.




But I am better now and I had to miss work again because I called my boss as my husband told me to and I find out I had to send in a doctor's note so I did and my boss had to forward it to the work company and to hear back and I never did so I stayed home but will call my boss tomorrow to see if he heard anything.

Luckily we have savings from our tax money and plus our Trump money we still have and money I saved from my adult content I made money from.

My covid symptoms I had were:

Sore throat
runny nose
headache
chills
high body temperature
body aches
tiredness and lack of energy


and it was a lot like a fever and having a cold and also like having caffeine withdrawal and being affected by the smoke because of symptom overlaps so this was all crazy.

I am hoping I can return to work tomorrow and make money again, I was in quarantine until the 19th and my parents had escaped back to Montana to get away from the smoke and my youngest brother also got covid 19 as well. Someone at his work tested positive so he got put in quarantine and then he got it. Because of it, we have been taking care of his dog for the past two weeks and my husband also got covid and I think my son had it too because he had some of the same symptoms as us. Our daughter didn't seem to get any symptoms but we kept her in quarantine with us because she had been exposed.

Thanks to having covid, I am even more thankful for all the cashiers out there using a shield at their check out and wearing plastic gloves because they are fully aware that exposed people will come to buy essential things or get food from fast food because they wouldn't have the energy to cook or may not want to go and buy food.

What has everyone else' experience been like with covid-19?


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,873
Location: Australia

21 Sep 2020, 10:26 pm

League_Girl wrote:
About two weeks ago I got a really bad headache and I thought it was caffeine withdrawel so I bought myself an energy drink when I got off at my work and went to work. Then I got a sore throat and runny nose while I was working and then I came home and I got the chills and I was so cold, I had to turn off our AC and the fan and no amount of heat in my room made me warm. My whole body was cold and my son thought I just had a fever so he gave me an extra blanket to cover up with.

The next day I called in sick because of a fever and bad headache and I slept for two days straight. I was so weak my parents had to make an appointment for me and get me tested for Covid and then I was feeling better on Friday, the day I got tested so I had more energy and felt normal. I still didn't go to work that night and I waited to hear the results and it was positive.

So at the same time, I was dealing with political stress and what has been going on out there and having all these wild fires and then someone decided to attack my Haven thread on here and I blew up at them and left in rage and at the same time I also had Covid 19 and didn't know it and then was tested positive so more stress there. I honestly thought I was going to get banned for my blow up and didn't care at the time. I guess I just needed a break from here to recover and to take a break from all this political stuff and I kept up to date on the fires instead and we had the worst air quality in the world. And this is what our town looked like everyone, so smokey it looked like fog but it was all smoke.




But I am better now and I had to miss work again because I called my boss as my husband told me to and I find out I had to send in a doctor's note so I did and my boss had to forward it to the work company and to hear back and I never did so I stayed home but will call my boss tomorrow to see if he heard anything.

Luckily we have savings from our tax money and plus our Trump money we still have and money I saved from my adult content I made money from.

My covid symptoms I had were:

Sore throat
runny nose
headache
chills
high body temperature
body aches
tiredness and lack of energy


and it was a lot like a fever and having a cold and also like having caffeine withdrawal and being affected by the smoke because of symptom overlaps so this was all crazy.

I am hoping I can return to work tomorrow and make money again, I was in quarantine until the 19th and my parents had escaped back to Montana to get away from the smoke and my youngest brother also got covid 19 as well. Someone at his work tested positive so he got put in quarantine and then he got it. Because of it, we have been taking care of his dog for the past two weeks and my husband also got covid and I think my son had it too because he had some of the same symptoms as us. Our daughter didn't seem to get any symptoms but we kept her in quarantine with us because she had been exposed.

Thanks to having covid, I am even more thankful for all the cashiers out there using a shield at their check out and wearing plastic gloves because they are fully aware that exposed people will come to buy essential things or get food from fast food because they wouldn't have the energy to cook or may not want to go and buy food.

What has everyone else' experience been like with covid-19?


8O


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Age: 73
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,832
Location: Indiana

21 Sep 2020, 10:38 pm

There are a lot of stressors out there. Try to get well soon.


_________________
Author of Practical Preparations for a Coronavirus Pandemic.
A very unique plan. As Dr. Paul Thompson wrote, "This is the very best paper on the virus I have ever seen."


alex
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2004
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,163
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

21 Sep 2020, 11:02 pm

that sounds awful. I'm glad you've gotten better though.


_________________
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alexplank

Personal FB: http://fb.me/alexplank1


Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,700
Location: Beautiful(?) West Manchester Township PA

22 Sep 2020, 12:00 am

I moved into my current apartment back in February. I only leave it to 1) visit my primary physician for my quarterly diabetes checkup (including visiting University of Pittsburg Medical Center Memorial Hospital for lab work (since they’re right down the hill from my apartment)), 2) take out my trash, 3) pick up my mail, 4) do grocery shopping, and 5) do my laundry, usually at midnight. Otherwise, I stay in my apartment with the door locked AT ALL TIMES!

I had, and still have a hacking cough and rhinitis year round, no thanks to allergies.

The only time I get visitors is every Monday from Meals on Wheels (normally for about 2 minutes), as well as from my church every other month for grocery delivery from the county food bank, as well as a monthly food delivery from Catholic Harvest. Right now, I’m overloaded with canned food, most of which I won’t eat (the sight of pasta, tomato sauce, breakfast cereal, mixed vegetables, sausage patties, etc, turns my stomach.

Lately, I’ve had an extremely short fuse on my temper, as well as panic attacks (which explains why I’m posting this at 0100 hours edt.)



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,593
Location: Aux Arcs

22 Sep 2020, 9:55 am

Glad you are all right.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


choeft2018
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 18

22 Sep 2020, 9:58 am

Hopefully plenty of people on this site will benefit from you sharing your experience.



Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,793
Location: South-East England

22 Sep 2020, 12:03 pm

Quote:
Sore throat
runny nose
headache
chills
high body temperature
body aches
tiredness and lack of energy


Here is proof that not every person who has COVID gets lower respiratory problems, which is why I worry whenever I feel that weird flu-type feeling coming on in the winter (but is not a virus, it just feels like one).

I'm glad you're OK though. Most people get over COVID and although a lot of people have died it is still unlikely to die.


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,177

22 Sep 2020, 12:32 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
Sore throat
runny nose
headache
chills
high body temperature
body aches
tiredness and lack of energy


Here is proof that not every person who has COVID gets lower respiratory problems, which is why I worry whenever I feel that weird flu-type feeling coming on in the winter (but is not a virus, it just feels like one).

I'm glad you're OK though. Most people get over COVID and although a lot of people have died it is still unlikely to die.


Yeah I thought the same thing when I saw her list. As far as death, I think stats show that maybe 1% of them die, and then you can pretty much know you won't fall into that 1% by the virtue of not being extremely old or extremely sick. But something I am a lot more concerned about is that I read that 2/3 of people with covid get permanent lung damage (called post-covid fibrosis). But then again, what about people such as her who don't experience difficulty breathing "during" covid. Does it mean they fall into the other 1/3 who don't get post-covid fibrosis, or does it mean that there might be a damage with a delayed action kind of thing, so that even though she is breathing fine now, she might not breath so fine later? I also read that -- apart from this -- there are other kinds of permanent damage one might have: like there was someone who had their legs amputated all because of covid. I don't know how common it is though. In any case, I would worry about permanent damage a lot more than death, at least by looking at the statistics.



Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,793
Location: South-East England

22 Sep 2020, 12:57 pm

When I was at college I knew a (healthy) girl that got the flu, got really ill with it, and it gave her permanent laryngitis. Her voice was never the same after that. But that doesn't often happen, so I think it's the same with COVID; it's known to happen but isn't too common.


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,177

22 Sep 2020, 1:08 pm

Joe90 wrote:
When I was at college I knew a (healthy) girl that got the flu, got really ill with it, and it gave her permanent laryngitis. Her voice was never the same after that. But that doesn't often happen, so I think it's the same with COVID; it's known to happen but isn't too common.


But with COVID I read that it happens 2/3 of the time, so how can you say it isn't too common?



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,897
Location: Long Island, New York

22 Sep 2020, 1:48 pm

Sorry


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,793
Location: South-East England

22 Sep 2020, 1:59 pm

QFT wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
When I was at college I knew a (healthy) girl that got the flu, got really ill with it, and it gave her permanent laryngitis. Her voice was never the same after that. But that doesn't often happen, so I think it's the same with COVID; it's known to happen but isn't too common.


But with COVID I read that it happens 2/3 of the time, so how can you say it isn't too common?


Math is a foreign language to me, I don't know how much 2/3 is.


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,175
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Sep 2020, 2:08 pm

I had COVID back in March. It lasted 3 weeks. It was like a mild flu. The fever was very mild, always below 100 degrees.

I am now walking 60 miles a week.

I am very fortunate.

I doubt that 2/3’s of people who had COVID sustained permanent lung damage. Maybe 2/3’s who were hospitalized. Most people with COVID don’t get hospitalized.

2/3’s is about 67 out of 100.



League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,085
Location: Pacific Northwest

22 Sep 2020, 2:56 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
Sore throat
runny nose
headache
chills
high body temperature
body aches
tiredness and lack of energy


Here is proof that not every person who has COVID gets lower respiratory problems, which is why I worry whenever I feel that weird flu-type feeling coming on in the winter (but is not a virus, it just feels like one).

I'm glad you're OK though. Most people get over COVID and although a lot of people have died it is still unlikely to die.



That is why I wanted to share my story so not everyone here will keep panicking about this covid. Yes I got it but it just felt like a fever and having a cold. I would say mine was pretty mild.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,175
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Sep 2020, 2:59 pm

At least 8 out of 10 people who get COVID get mild or no symptoms.

Even most people who are hospitalized for COVID recover.