Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 5:31 pm

Ashleylambley88 wrote:
I'm a Christian I have been through many tribulations this year it all started when I qas diagnosed with diverticular disease in February, ASD this year too which I already knew about, osteoarthritis in both hips this year and I'm only 32, and I've got trouble with my sciatic nerve and it's looking like I'm going to get diagnosed with ptsd. And if all that wasnt enough I've got a dental infection. BUT I'M STILL FILLED WITH PEACE AND JOY
I don't know if covid is the start of the birth pains but what I do know is labour produces new life. During world war 2 many must have thought this it but it wasn't or when the Spanish flu which was far worse than covid and killed more than the first world war and the second war put together people then probably thought the same but it wasn't the end.
The last days began when jesus went home but nobody knows the appointed time except God the father

Well said! Yes, the "last days" Jesus referred to, IIRC, began at Pentecost (I think?).

I don't know when Jesus will return. I just know that we're one day closer now than we were yesterday. ;-)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 8:24 am

AngelRho wrote:
... I don't know when Jesus will return. I just know that we're one day closer now than we were yesterday.
Unless He has already returned and gone back, and this is the Hell we all deserve; in which case, each day puts us further away from Him.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 1:28 pm

Well, lets hope so.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 1:02 am

Well, Considering the New Testament Dances Sings Jesus
Will Come Back in The Same Way At Least someone
Captured it on Film in Montreal With English

Subtitles For French, Further North;

Yes, Hopefully 'This Go Around'
No one Will Notice 'The Dude'
And He Will Party Like it's
Everyone
Else's
End of
Their World.

Karma is Interesting
And Usually Opposites

Return in Balance Now so

Move and Repose; Move

And Repose

Again.

Per Jung;
Et AI... too...
Synchronicities
iN All of That Jazz...
Improvisations too..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 4:07 am

RadioDog wrote:
Do you believe we may be at (before? after?) the very start of that really bad time?

There is sometimes mention made that the situation the book of Revelation is about has already happened, even a thousand years ago; but given that the book wraps up with the source of evil being banished from Earth and the Earth itself being renewed, and it is fairly self-evident there is evil and it seems to be in charge on this Earth right now (and quite enjoying itself, by the looks of things), and that this planet has not been renewed but is in fact distressed, it looks to me like that book has either not yet happened or is in-progress.

Where that book discusses the series of events usually considered to be the tribulation there is no discussion of the church. And that matter segues in to a strong and often hateful and ugly controversy in Christian circles about a thing called the rapture and whether the believing church is here or not for the tribulation.

And that gets in to the thing of "that rapture word isn't in the bible", actually, it is -- in the the Latin Vulgate version which was pretty much the Western European standard from around AD 300 or 400 up until 1500 or so when people started going, "Hey! Printing Press! Cool! Now we can have the Bible in our own local language instead of that stuffy old Latin nobody cares about any more!" But yeah, in there is the word rapismo, rapturuoso, or wahtever it is, I forget exactly while having painsomnia here at 03-someting in the morning, without looking it up, that got morphed in to rapture in English.

Jesus, I think it is, makes mention of that the final parts of end times are not going to happen until 'the restrainer' is removed from the world - there is debate over whether that restrainer is the church, the Holy Spirit, or both.

My expectation is that what it going on right now is either a natural progression of evil in this world or a mix of that and a foreshadowing of the things which are to come.

But if the believing church is here, it is not the tribulation, "because God has not destined us for wrath,"

That brings to mind how the believing church is referred to as "the bride of Christ" and toward the end of Revelation there is a thing in heaven described as, "And the angel said[a] to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.”" Having the believing church go through the Tribulation would essentially be, "Yeah, I've got this bride, but right before we have the wedding I'm gonna beat her black and blue so she'll be ready for the wedding" So, again, if the believing church is here, it is not the tribulation. Yet.

But the end of life certainly isn't getting further away every day, be it either the life of the world as a whole or your life individually, so the question is, what are you going to do with Jesus today, in the right here and right now?