Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

malavois
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2020, 4:02 pm

Hi everybody. I just joined but I first heard about this forum about a year ago when I first received my diagnosis.

I am 37 years old, cis female, and I live in San Francisco with my partner and cat. And also our five aquariums. In fact, I am sitting next to one of the aquariums right now, watching newly born guppy fry swim around.

I work in electric utility regulation, which is a lot more interesting than it sounds. Unless you know something about the drama that is California electricity, in which case it is as interesting as it sounds.

In my spare time I enjoy taking walks around the neighborhood, playing video games, listening to audiobooks and podcasts, drawing, coloring, origami, sitting outside and thinking, and making lists. I love lists.

I have one real-life friend who recently received a spectrum diagnosis like me, and we talk once a week on the phone. Although my anxiety and millennial aversion to phone calls made it hard to get that off the ground, our phone calls have become a really important event for me, especially during These Times.

I'm not sure what I "want" out of this forum, but considering how enriching it's been to talk to the aforementioned friend, I am open to the possibility that I will meet people and we will have friendly, interesting conversations. Which is to say, new friends.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 4:41 pm

Welcome to WP! I've only been on WP a few months but I can tell you the natives seem friendly. And I think your post's final paragraph sounds about right...

malavois wrote:
I'm not sure what I "want" out of this forum, but considering how enriching it's been to talk to the aforementioned friend, I am open to the possibility that I will meet people and we will have friendly, interesting conversations. Which is to say, new friends.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 6:27 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 10:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 1:23 am

Welcome to WP

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 6:36 am

malavois wrote:
Hi everybody. I just joined but I first heard about this forum about a year ago when I first received my diagnosis.

Hi, malavois,

I'm the smartest,
The most informed,
The most empathetic,
The most original,
The most humorous,
The most adorable
The most humble person on this website.
You are lucky to have found me. 8)

Welcome. :wink:

malavois
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2020, 8:16 pm

Thanks, Pepe! I understand you to be joking but I can’t think of a response that wouldn’t seem like I’m being rude or sarcastic but I also do want to acknowledge your greeting! Hello thank you!

malavois
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2020, 8:17 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Welcome to WP! I've only been on WP a few months but I can tell you the natives seem friendly. And I think your post's final paragraph sounds about right...

malavois wrote:

That’s good news, thanks! :)

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 8:51 pm

Welcome

Last edited by Jiheisho on 10 Oct 2020, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 9:06 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet malavois.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm

Hi there. I am in Berkeley so we are just across the bay from each other :) I live in my mom's house now that the university is remote. If it wasn't remote I would have been in Albuquerque which is where I go to school.

Ade C
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2020, 6:18 am

malavois wrote:
Thanks, Pepe! I understand you to be joking but I can’t think of a response that wouldn’t seem like I’m being rude or sarcastic but I also do want to acknowledge your greeting! Hello thank you!

Nothing wrong with sarcasm!
Hi and welcome

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2020, 6:37 pm

Hi and welcome malavois :)! Hope you enjoy it here.

I had a roadtrip planned that included staying in San Fransisco for a week back in April. It wasn’t meant to be this year, but hopefully will make it over eventually. I’ve lived in Connecticut and New York, and once drove from New York down to Florida. Five aquariums? :heart: I had two, one with mexican fighting fish and the other now has shebunkins. One of the things that drew me to my current home was that it has a large outdoor pond, so that’s got some koi in it, and I keep it protected from the herons that seem to like swooping down for dinner!

Good to have you with us.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2020, 6:41 pm

malavois wrote:

Ouch! 8O :mrgreen:

I like being outside the box,
Even to the point of being outrageous. :twisted:

In essence, I am being disrespectful towards NT social protocols.
I can behave "well" if I put my mind to it. ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2020, 6:49 pm

Ade C wrote:
malavois wrote:

Nothing wrong with sarcasm!
Hi and welcome

Wow!
Don't corrupt the newbies,
so early in the peace. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2020, 6:57 pm

Juliette wrote:
Hi and welcome malavois :)! Hope you enjoy it here.

I had a roadtrip planned that included staying in San Fransisco for a week back in April. It wasn’t meant to be this year, but hopefully will make it over eventually. I’ve lived in Connecticut and New York, and once drove from New York down to Florida. Five aquariums? :heart: I had two, one with mexican fighting fish and the other now has shebunkins. One of the things that drew me to my current home was that it has a large outdoor pond, so that’s got some koi in it, and I keep it protected from the herons that seem to like swooping down for dinner!

Good to have you with us.

We don't know that, yet.
Give it a little time and see how malavois pans out. 8) :P :mrgreen: