Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2020, 10:01 pm

I feel like something is wrong with me.

I'm on medication currently. It helps but recently I have been feeling really down. My only coping method is to take warm showers. That also helps. I also sleep a lot of the day away. Sleeping and hot showers are my coping methods.

I have also been self isolating recently. I feel really meh. Like I dont care if I'm around people or not. I just sit there or hide away.

I feel guilty for a lot of stuff. It's like I committed a huge sin and I feel the need to apologize a lot. I believe that most people hate me.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 10:10 pm

Hello. may i say, it sounds like you are simply depressed.

Depression can cause a person to feel this way. I struggle on and off with depression.
Greatly part of life unfortunately if you are born with ASD.

Perhaps you should speak with your doctor about how you feel, perhaps the medication you are on
does not fully work. Perhaps you need an increase in dosage or perhaps even a med swap.

When you feel a bit better, perhaps consider trying to fill your time with activities that make you feel better.
Perhaps a hobby or a special interest. I do this, and it does for the most part make me feel better.

Try and make friends with people if you can. Choose the right people who are kind and supporting rather than
people who will victimise, bully and exclude you.

Some religious gatherings have the potential to give you some social interaction, that may also be up lifting.
Careful you don't pick a cult mind, as such endeavours can push a person to their psychological limits.

Try and count your blessings, be around people who you love and that love you.
Perhaps even consider getting involved with charitable organisations, as helping people can also make you happy.
As you can feel you have a purpose, are capable of achieving, and being thanked for your help (which can be uplifting).

otherwise try and find other endeavours that make you happy or at the very least content.
Don't feel bad for existing and feeling down. Depression is an illness and for the most part an illness that can be treated with the right medical care.

Hope that advice helps. May all sentient beings be happy

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 2:28 am

I don't hate you and I don't believe there's something wrong with you even if you might have slightly different software than everyone else.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 10:32 pm

There is something wrong with everything

Nobody is perfect

There is no such thing as perfect character

A psychologist needs a different character than a CIA interrogator

Perfection would be boring

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 10:55 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:

I'm on medication currently. It helps but recently I have been feeling really down. My only coping method is to take warm showers. That also helps. I also sleep a lot of the day away. Sleeping and hot showers are my coping methods.

I have also been self isolating recently. I feel really meh. Like I dont care if I'm around people or not. I just sit there or hide away.

I feel guilty for a lot of stuff. It's like I committed a huge sin and I feel the need to apologize a lot. I believe that most people hate me.

Simply untrue.
I doubt anyone hates you on the website, for a start. ;)

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 4:57 am

Crystal1414 wrote:

IT soudns like you are experiencing depression. I also experience depression. Also, Don't take this the wrong way but there probably is something wrong with you everyone has something wrong with them.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 10:22 pm

I also don't hate you, but it seems as if you are experiencing depression.

Nobody is perfect.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2020, 12:47 pm

Stress is a part of life and is not inherently bad. All life forms have evolved mechanisms to cope with the stresses in their lives. Animals experiencing severe stress can succumb to disease or fail to reproduce or develop properly. Stress is the biological response elicited when an individual perceives a threat to its homeostasis. The threat is the ‘stressor’. When the stress response truly threatens the animal’s well-being, then the animal experiences ‘distress’. One form of distress is called depression.

Depression in humans can produce some of the following symptoms:
* Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
* Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism
* Irritability
* Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
* Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
* Decreased energy or fatigue
* Moving or talking more slowly
* Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still
* Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
* Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
* Appetite and/or weight changes
* Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
* Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems

DonnaDickens
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2020, 5:56 pm

i also have such periods in my life when I think the same, however it's life, it can't be just positive and full of rainbows, sometimes we have to face our inner fears and darkness