I get locked out of my account each time I clear my cache

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 10:46 pm

I don't know if it's just me or a forum thing but every time I have to clear my cache and my cookies and stuff, my password seems to quit working on this forum so I have to reset it each time. I don't know if it's because I keep forgetting my own password or if Alex has some feature on here that doesn't allow Chrome to save my password on here so I have to enter it manually each time and and I also do not know if he has it set to where we have to reset our password each time we have to re login as security. I guess to protect us from our enemies who could hack into our account and post bad stuff to get us into trouble.

There have been times I wasn't even here posting because I was on my phone and couldn't remember my password because I got auto logged out.

Does anyone else have this issue or do I simply just can't remember my own password ever on here? :lol:

So this time I finally wrote it down in my notebook with my other passwords so I can see if I am truly forgetful or if it's just this forum.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 11:19 pm

It sounds like Chrome may have one of your old passwords still saved? You should be able to save the new password through Chrome. There's a password manager for your Google account that will let you do this.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 1:58 am

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
It sounds like Chrome may have one of your old passwords still saved? You should be able to save the new password through Chrome. There's a password manager for your Google account that will let you do this.

I have nothing saved for wrongplanet, google chrome doesn't ask me to save the password for here.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 3:39 pm

Hm that is indeed strange. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 9:09 pm

Every time you clear your cookies, the website would act like you have not been online since the website uses cookies to remember you being logged in. So every time, you do that. You are more or less just making your browser forget you were logged in.

If you clear only just the cache, it should really keep you logged in.

Hope that helps in a way?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 3:49 pm

I clear all temporary files before shutting down my computer for the day, and this has never locked me out of WP.  I am using Firefox on an old Vista (a.k.a., "Windows 6") system.