I made a gamebook! It's on Kickstarter now!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

DiscoSoup
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Oct 2020, 3:11 pm

I'm Jake. I'm a game designer and writer on the spectrum. My latest project is a gamebook, very much like Choose Your Own Adventure or Fighting Fantasy. It's a solo tale told in the second person, and it allows you, the reader, to control the action. I call my line of books "Gamebooks+" because they offer you more than a traditional gamebook. When you're done with the story, there rules allow you to create your own scenarios for your character.

We're currently on Kickstarter and have met our initial funding goal, but I'd love to drum up more support. If you visit the link below, you can back the project. Or if you could even just share the link on your social media you'd be very much helping an autistic creator!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1059971838/the-iron-uprising-wanderer-gamebook-book-2

Here's the story pitch:
Get ready to experience a brand-new adventure in the mountain of Eldrafell. You are Snurri, a lowly dwarf who finds himself on the run from vicious bounty hunters. The king wants you dead, you have no way to get home, and a dragon just bit off your arm. What do you do? Strap on a suit of power armor and take the fight to the bad guys!