Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

QuirkyQuokka72
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2020, 12:29 pm

Hi! This is my first post here, and I need some advice.

My cycle has always been super irregular and I never quite know when my period will start. I spent like 6 hours at a friend's house last night (socially distanced the entire time), and when I got home I realized that I'd bled through my jeans. I was basically just sitting on my friend's couch for the entire time I was at her house, and the couch is a darkish blue color. I'm worried about possibly bleeding on my friend's couch, and wondering what would be right to do in this situation. Do I ask my friend about it, or do I just not talk about it? I've likened the situation to one similar to Schroedinger's Cat wherein if I don't bring it up then there's an equal chance that I both did and did not accidentally get blood on the couch).

I'd thought that I'd gotten pretty good at being aware of when my cycle is likely to start, so I'm a little annoyed that I just didn't notice it until I got home- and I'm also worried that my friend might be upset/annoyed at me unless I do the "right" thing.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2020, 12:31 pm

I'd just say something like "Hey, I noticed I got my period when I was at your house and I bled onto my jeans. Can you check the couch to make sure I didn't get anything on it?"

Hopefully everyone's mature about it, things like this happen all the time.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

robotrecall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: In a floating candy house with a flying pet unicorn

05 Nov 2020, 10:16 am

My cycles are irregular as well. Sometimes I dunno when it comes, but it happens. It usually doesn't happen on my pretty underwear tho. I've heard about menstruation cups; what do you think of those? If it happened on your friends couch, just say "Hey, I happened to bleed on your couch", and just help clean it up where the spot is. My twin sister has severe autism, and when it happens, we just clean it up with some stain remover, it also happened to me before. Just get some stain remover and paper towels; that usually does the trick.

hariboci
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2020, 8:44 pm

If you are good friends, you can tell them. Otherwise I would leave it.
I always use panty liners for the same reason: mine is irregular as well.

robotrecall wrote:
I've heard about menstruation cups; what do you think of those?

I tried to size last year and they both failed me pretty much. You should know your exact inner size (length and width, and where your cervix is and the "elasticity" of your vagina) before buying it. There are different sizes and hardness.
I couldn't insert them properly, there were leaking and pulling it out was a horror nightmare - blood everywhere.
But there are women who love to use it, probably I'm just to clumsy or bought the wrong size. I also felt a pressure inside when I sat down.