I’ve finally decided what my goals are for this/next year

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2020, 11:20 am

Physical—
*Reach new goal weight, but only for health—stay semi-body-positive* New goal weight is a weight that everyone will probably say is too low, but is healthy for me—they’re just not used to seeing me that way. Low end of normal BMI range.
*Reduce sugar (especially added sugar) and convenience/processing of food first, then animal products. I have a theory that animal products are the tip of the iceberg if that’s what you want to reduce, and going straight to the animal products as what you reduce first isn’t as healthy—other than simple changes like switching to drinking plant milk while still eating dairy sometimes too.*
*Quit drinking calories for the most part, other than coffee, tea, or plant milk with a little added sugar but not a lot.
*Exercise moderately. I’m not meant to be a fitness fanatic, and when I try it doesn’t last and I end up lazy for a month afterwards.
*Be a better cook.

Mental—
*Be semi-body-positive. Transition there. I’m starting very slowly—I still step on the scale frequency, but I mention weight *a lot* less in conversation! I mentioned my weight out loud for the first time in probably weeks, maybe even over a month, recently. That’s a step forward.
*Get a good GPA in school. At least a high 2.-something is a good college GPA, although it’s an awful GPA to have in K-12. College is harder. Ideally over a 3.0 though. And definitely stay on the path to graduating, even if it’s slower than most!
*Meditate frequently.
*Drastically increase stress tolerance/window of tolerance/ability to work outside comfort zone in all areas of life.

Social—
*See friends in person occasionally even during the pandemic. At least once a month.
*Text friends daily.
*Call friends a few times a week.
*FaceTime friends a few times a month.

Financial—
*Be on the road to being financially independent, and quickly enough!
*Stay detached from the urge to choose money over living fully and enjoying what’s natural and free, and do a job I love regardless of how much I make as long as it’s enough to meet my needs and some wants.

*Being fully body positive means no weight goals.
*So much for trying to be a pescatarian without fixing the sugar/convenience issue first. You live and learn.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2020, 3:58 pm

Graceful degradation

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2020, 5:33 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Graceful degradation

?