Page 1 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 12:07 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-probing- ... 54281.html

If Trump loses, how can we expect his supporters to behave civilly? Destroying property during riots is one thing, but threatening to take human life is quite another.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 12:25 am

Trump tweeted delight in what transpired. He said (possibly paraphrasing), “Texas is great!”

Do we need a nut like that as President? He’s more suited in a clown suit.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 12:33 am

Well, at least the FBI is investigating:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/01/poli ... index.html

Which Trump (of course) isn't happy about:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... t-n1245728

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 12:57 am

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 1:06 am

I'm looking forward to a really intrusive controlling government that will make high demands of its citizens for the sake of saving the planet.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 1:11 am

The closest I could come to your claimed "threatening to take human life" in the article was:

Quote:
One video clip aired on CNN showed a Trump-flagged pickup swerve into the side of another vehicle traveling just behind the bus. The Texas Tribune newspaper reported the sideswiped vehicle was being driven by a Biden campaign staffer.

Here are a couple of videos of the incident:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1322566702048153600
It certainly appears to be the Trump supporter at fault, doesn't it...

However, when looked at from a different angle:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1323061843204689920

From what I can tell of the incident from both of these, the bus (and SUV) look to have tried to move across a lane (to avoid having to take the exit?), but while the bus has only moved part-way (not sure how legal it is to drive stradling 2 lanes like that), the white SUV fully moved across. At this point, the black "Trump" supporter's vehicle moved up, as the lane was clear. Once the white SUV driver realised the bus was not changing lanes, they have tried to move back into the previous lane, possibly unaware that there was a vehicle beside them (in blind spot?).

Had this occurred here, you would possibly have the bus driver in trouble for straddling 2 lanes for as long as it did, the Trump vehicle's driver possibly in trouble for travelling too close to the vehicle in front (bus), but the white SUV's driver would certainly be "at fault" for the incident between it and the Trump supporter's vehicle (Based on the footage, it could be considered that the white (Biden) vehicle was the one attempting to run the Trump vehicle off the road, given the Trump vehicle is in the outer-most lane, and it appears there was a series of culverts\drains beside the road in the area it occurred in).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 2:06 am

Uh guys, it was not the Trump Supporters that did this, it was the democrats and the leftist's posing as Trumpers to do this so they can win. (sarcasm)

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 2:09 am

Brictoria wrote:
The closest I could come to your claimed "threatening to take human life" in the article was:
Quote:
One video clip aired on CNN showed a Trump-flagged pickup swerve into the side of another vehicle traveling just behind the bus. The Texas Tribune newspaper reported the sideswiped vehicle was being driven by a Biden campaign staffer.

From what I can tell of the incident from both of these, the bus (and SUV) look to have tried to move across a lane (to avoid having to take the exit?), but while the bus has only moved part-way (not sure how legal it is to drive stradling 2 lanes like that), the white SUV fully moved across. At this point, the black "Trump" supporter's vehicle moved up, as the lane was clear. Once the white SUV driver realised the bus was not changing lanes, they have tried to move back into the previous lane, possibly unaware that there was a vehicle beside them (in blind spot?).

Had this occurred here, you would possibly have the bus driver in trouble for straddling 2 lanes for as long as it did, the Trump vehicle's driver possibly in trouble for travelling too close to the vehicle in front (bus), but the white SUV's driver would certainly be "at fault" for the incident between it and the Trump supporter's vehicle (Based on the footage, it could be considered that the white (Biden) vehicle was the one attempting to run the Trump vehicle off the road, given the Trump vehicle is in the outer-most lane, and it appears there was a series of culverts\drains beside the road in the area it occurred in).

These Trump drivers were gathering around the moving bus obviously to intimidate the Biden supporters. Pulling a stunt like that at freeway speeds is irresponsibly dangerous and could have ended in loss of life. And no, the other side wouldn't have done the same.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 2:11 am

League_Girl wrote:
Uh guys, it was not the Trump Supporters that did this, it was the democrats and the leftist's posing as Trumpers to do this so they can win. (sarcasm)

The head of the Texas Republican party already declared it "fake news."

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 2:49 am

I heard it was a Mad Max rehearsal.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 3:01 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Quote:

These Trump drivers were gathering around the moving bus obviously to intimidate the Biden supporters. Pulling a stunt like that at freeway speeds is irresponsibly dangerous and could have ended in loss of life.

Looking at the other, unaffiliated traffic, there did not appear to be any dangerous speed involved, nor was traffic obstructed. In any other circumstance, it would have looked like normal traffic, flowing smoothly. However, once you add slogans to a bus, and flags for a different (opposing) cause to some of the traffic, suddenly it is "intimidating"?

Kraichgauer wrote:
And no, the other side wouldn't have done the same.

Given that the most dangerous act here (trying to merge into a lane and push the vehicle that was already there off the road) was performed by what was reported to be Biden staff in the white SUV, it is gracious of you to state that the Trump supporters wouldn't have done the same.

Personally, it appears to have likely been an accident (The driver of the white vehicle not noticing\realizing that the other vehicle was there, as it was in about the right location for a drivers "blind spot") and I'd suggest had the Biden and Trump supporters (and vehicles) been reversed, a similar incident would still have been possible.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 3:02 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:

Then we definitely know who the barbarians will be.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 3:08 am

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Quote:

These Trump drivers were gathering around the moving bus obviously to intimidate the Biden supporters. Pulling a stunt like that at freeway speeds is irresponsibly dangerous and could have ended in loss of life.

Looking at the other, unaffiliated traffic, there did not appear to be any dangerous speed involved, nor was traffic obstructed. In any other circumstance, it would have looked like normal traffic, flowing smoothly. However, once you add slogans to a bus, and flags for a different (opposing) cause to some of the traffic, suddenly it is "intimidating"?

Kraichgauer wrote:
And no, the other side wouldn't have done the same.

Given that the most dangerous act here (trying to merge into a lane and push the vehicle that was already there off the road) was performed by what was reported to be Biden staff in the white SUV, it is gracious of you to state that the Trump supporters wouldn't have done the same.

Personally, it appears to have likely been an accident (The driver of the white vehicle not noticing\realizing that the other vehicle was there, as it was in about the right location for a drivers "blind spot") and I'd suggest had the Biden and Trump supporters (and vehicles) been reversed, a similar incident would still have been possible.

I think you know as well as I do that the Trump cult caravan was meant for one thing only - - to intimidate. That alone made it dangerous. And yes, if they were on the freeway, then they were going fast.
A similar incident with Biden supporters would never have happened, because Biden's people aren't a bunch of violent hillbillies and rednecks out to terrify the opposition. On top of that, they'd know full well that Biden would have had them all surrendered to the police for that stunt. He isn't a psycho like Trump who cheers on violent and near violent confrontation like that.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 3:08 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

They have been auditioning in Portland for months...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 3:10 am

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

We're talking about motorized barbarians of the Mad Max post apocalyptic world, here.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 3:24 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

We're talking about motorized barbarians of the Mad Max post apocalyptic world, here.

Still Brictoria said what I was thinking.

There's no way so far to realistically deny that a certain side has produced the lion's share of months and years of rioting, burning and looting. Far more than MAGAs by a significant margin.