RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 5:27 pm

RushKing wrote:
Trump Plans to Declare Victory on Election Night.

A mere declaration of victory does not make it official...

... just ask President Harry S Truman!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 5:46 pm

Well, technically, a presidential candidate cannot formally declare him/herself winner. That is the prerogative of the Electoral College under Article II of the US constitution.

And the Electoral College votes on the first Monday after December 12, that is December 14.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 12:52 pm

Bernie said it, too:

https://www.huffp.st/WDYKiNL?fbclid=IwA ... NvVqXFuR5U

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 9:28 pm

Trump declared himself a winner last night.

Be the hero of your life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 9:51 pm

The President has no legal authority to declare himself winner.

State election officials -- not the President or any other federal official -- certifies state election results.  The U.S. Congress follows suit.

Each state faces a deadline, set by its own legislature, by which its officials must finish tallying votes and certifying the results. After the results are certified, states present a slate of "electors", individuals representing the state at the Electoral College.

According to the U.S. Code, states should finish tallying their results and resolve any court contests by December 8, or risk Congress rejecting their nominated electoral college representatives. One week later, on December 14, the states' Electoral College members meet to formally cast their votes.

On January 6, the newly-sworn in Congress affirms the results and hands them to the Vice President, who pronounces them official. The President of the United States has no role in this process, and no legal authority to declare the winner of any state election.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 4:48 am

Likely, if he losses, Trump blames his loss on FRAUD and THIEVERY.

Be the hero of your life.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Nov 2020, 5:06 am

I see Trump is using the “there’s only COVID because we keep testing for it” line again.

“I’m only losing because they keep counting the votes!”

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 5:27 am

The_Walrus wrote:
I see Trump is using the “there’s only COVID because we keep testing for it” line again.

“I’m only losing because they keep counting the votes!”

Well, the latter is actually true... But due to this pesky thing called democracy, they *have* to count them…

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 9:21 am

GGPViper wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
I see Trump is using the “there’s only COVID because we keep testing for it” line again. “I’m only losing because they keep counting the votes!”
Well, the latter is actually true... But due to this pesky thing called democracy, they *have* to count them…
... which is exactly why Donald Trump is trying to obstruct the voting processes in several states.  He knows that as the counting continues -- especially of the mail-in votes -- he becomes more likely to lose the election.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 9:24 am

The_Walrus wrote:
I see Trump is using the “there’s only COVID because we keep testing for it” line again...
Did he not promise that CoViD-19 would disappear on November 4th?

The election is not yet decided, and already another of his promises is broken.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 9:30 am

I have a chubby belly and cheeks, but I’m declaring myself a hunk with model looks, muscular biceps and chiselled abs.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 6:55 pm

Biden has 253 votes, trump has 214 votes. Trump really cannot handle losing. Biden has MORE EXPERIENCE than trump, he was the Vice President. In one state, 20,000 people voted Biden. I think pretty bad people voted for trump 4 years ago, they wanted USA to become bad. When the coronavirus came & killed people, ALOT of people voted for trump, so it’s his fault he is losing.