Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2020, 4:30 am

I'm getting tired of having painful feet and weak ankles and clicking knees :(
The plantar fasciitis has got so bad in one foot I think I might be walking with a stick tomorrow.

I find it a bit embarrassing when my various aches and pains become obvious like that.
People ask me how I injured myself when I didn't - my body has just decided to break down and fall apart.

I guess this is not autism-related.
Probably I'm just getting arthritis or something.

Anyway, please moan about your painful joints here...
Go on, let it all out!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2020, 5:10 am

Almonds create joint pain, in me.
Have you suddenly been eating them?
A wild shot in the dark. :mrgreen:

Aslo, do you have water retention problems?

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2020, 5:46 am

Almonds ? That's weird.
But no, I don't think it was anything specific I ate because the joints have been bad for a while now.

Unless it's something I eat daily.
Coffee, maybe?
Although I already limit myself to one cup a day as I can't really handle it.

I know alcohol doesn't help, either, but again I drink very little.

But Pepe, you didn't moan.
The whole idea is, you have to whinge about your joints too.
So we can mutually sympathise and send each other lots of :heart: s

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2020, 6:45 am

MrsPeel wrote:
Almonds ? That's weird.
But no, I don't think it was anything specific I ate because the joints have been bad for a while now.

Unless it's something I eat daily.
Coffee, maybe?
Although I already limit myself to one cup a day as I can't really handle it.

I know alcohol doesn't help, either, but again I drink very little.

But Pepe, you didn't moan.
The whole idea is, you have to whinge about your joints too.
So we can mutually sympathise and send each other lots of :heart: s

Oh. 8O
Got ya. :thumright:
Moan! Whoa is me! Oh the Pain! Oh the Humanity!
How's that? :mrgreen:

Here are some freebies: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I get joint pain from eating food with gluten in it.
Massive water retention problems from being gluten intolerant.
It took me about 45 years to find out, and I had to do it myself. 8O

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2020, 6:55 am

Now I send you back :heart: s I think.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Ha, I'm not very good at this sympathy stuff either -
and much more interested in how you maintain a gluten-free diet.

When I tried it, I had trouble giving up bread, and the "gluten-free" bread disagreed with me. I swear the gluten-free stuff made me more ill than normal wheat bread.

I know I can't eat whole grains, but I've been steering clear of them, so that can't be it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2020, 7:19 am

MrsPeel wrote:
Now I send you back :heart: s I think.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Ha, I'm not very good at this sympathy stuff either -
and much more interested in how you maintain a gluten-free diet.

When I tried it, I had trouble giving up bread, and the "gluten-free" bread disagreed with me. I swear the gluten-free stuff made me more ill than normal wheat bread.

I know I can't eat whole grains, but I've been steering clear of them, so that can't be it.

I have been living on gluten-free bread for a couple of years now.
I luv the stuff.

The standard is:
-2 slices of GF bread, toasted, with cholesterol-reducing margarine.
-2 slices of smoked ham.
-Beetroot.
-Tomatoes.
-Onions.
-And half an avocado.

Twice a day, months at a time.
I lost 10kgs on that diet. 8)

Oh, almost forgot to whinge.
AND I ONLY LOST 10KGS ON THAT FRIGGING DIET!! !

Here, have sumore: :heart: :heart: :heart: :mrgreen:

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2020, 7:58 am

I literally feel your pain MrsPeel, chronic muscle pain, joint pain, and on. Now try not to laugh at this, I am serious. Recently I read how Salma Hayek maintains her physical condition, Posture. Working out and exercise are not part of her regime, but maintaining proper body posture keeps her body in shape and functioning well. It doesn't require equipment, it is simple, free, without strain, no sweat, and can be done throughout every waking minute of your day. It's been a week since I began a concerted effort to maintain proper posture at all times, sitting at the computer, standing, walking, watching television. Instantly you notice how easy it is to allow your body to sink and sag and then the improvement of how you feel when you straighten up. It has really made a noticeable and significant difference. This is now a permanent part of my lifestyle and would encourage you to give it a try.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 7:02 am

Pepe wrote:
The standard is:
-2 slices of GF bread, toasted, with cholesterol-reducing margarine.
-2 slices of smoked ham.
-Beetroot.
-Tomatoes.
-Onions.
-And half an avocado.

Mm, that actually sounds pretty good.
Beetroot is very underrated, don't you think?
I would probably add some rocket, too, for a bit of green goodness.

But how do they make the margarine "cholesterol-lowering"?
Surely that's a gimmick??

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 7:06 am

Donald Morton wrote:
I literally feel your pain MrsPeel, chronic muscle pain, joint pain, and on. Now try not to laugh at this, I am serious. Recently I read how Salma Hayek maintains her physical condition, Posture. Working out and exercise are not part of her regime, but maintaining proper body posture keeps her body in shape and functioning well. It doesn't require equipment, it is simple, free, without strain, no sweat, and can be done throughout every waking minute of your day. It's been a week since I began a concerted effort to maintain proper posture at all times, sitting at the computer, standing, walking, watching television. Instantly you notice how easy it is to allow your body to sink and sag and then the improvement of how you feel when you straighten up. It has really made a noticeable and significant difference. This is now a permanent part of my lifestyle and would encourage you to give it a try.

Hm.
Funnily enough, postural issues did not occur to me.
I'm going to try it. Will report back...

Hang on though, how will that help my feet?
Is there a particular way we're supposed to walk?
(Not being fascetious, I'm genuinely wondering :? ).

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

10 Nov 2020, 8:24 am

MrsPeel wrote:
Donald Morton wrote:

Hm.
Funnily enough, postural issues did not occur to me.
I'm going to try it. Will report back...

Hang on though, how will that help my feet?
Is there a particular way we're supposed to walk?
(Not being fascetious, I'm genuinely wondering :? ).

Maintaining proper posture has reduced pain with an arthritic knee, and toe problems on my right foot. I think that with the correct posture your weight is more evenly distributed. It has also helped to monitor my gate, not to take longer strides than necessary. One last thing, focus on how your foot lands, smoothly and not too heavy. I know it's a lot of stuff to keep in mind, but with diligence it becomes second nature. Best of luck to you MrsPeel.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 8:57 am

I have had severe joint pain for more than 20 years. It is connected to an autoimmune disorder of some kind. Now I am getting regular old osteoarthritis pain. <sigh>

20 years ago, I was panicky and seeing lots of doctors and not much happened to relieve the pain except wearing braces on my wrists, which is where the pain was excruciating. I didn't believe it would work, but it did. I had to wear the braces for six months or so and, according to my doctor, that gave my wrists a chance to heal. I still have the braces and every so often I feel that pain on the horizon and will put the braces on for a few days.

At this point in time I take a cocktail of medications that over the years has relieved most of the pain. I have a low grade pain all the time, but I have learned to forget about it in daily activities. When the pain flares, I have to go to bed and rest, sometimes for days. Most of the time I don't moan, because that makes my daily life worse.

I no longer have plantar fasciitis, but I had it when I was about your age, Mrs. Peel. A PT told me to roll the bottom of my foot, the arch especially, over a golf ball. This helped stretch that massive sheet tendon and did reduce the pain. I was also told it was common for people in their 40s and frequently went away as one gets older. That certainly happened to me.

I agree with donmorton that posture helps a lot. I have had tips from PTs over the years and that has helped too.

I also take a range of anti-inflammatory supplements that seems to have helped with the osteo arthritis pain.

But, you asked for sympathy and here is it:

I know your pain, literally, and feel for you. Chronic pain sucks big time. Uncontrolled pain can keep you from doing the things you love and makes each day miserable. I am so sorry you are living with this chronic pain. It is no fun. :heart: :heart: :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 9:01 am

Frequently, I have minor pain in my right knee owing to osteoarthritis. I have osteoarthritis in my left knee as well---but I have no symptoms most of the time.

I've also had something wrong with my left wrist since I fell on it when I was 15. Every little minor thing exacerbates it.

Fortunately, all my symptoms don't affect my everyday life too much.

I wish people didn't have to feel chronic pain.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 2:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Frequently, I have minor pain in my right knee owing to osteoarthritis. I have osteoarthritis in my left knee as well---but I have no symptoms most of the time.

I've also had something wrong with my left wrist since I fell on it when I was 15. Every little minor thing exacerbates it.

Fortunately, all my symptoms don't affect my everyday life too much.

I wish people didn't have to feel chronic pain.

When I started powerwalking, I had aches in my legs and joints, for a couple of weeks.
I was wondering if this was going to be part of exercising, always.
Thankfully, it was simply part of the "no pain, no gain", of damaged tissue healing and growing stronger.

I used to have trouble sleeping at night, because of the pain, and constantly had to readjust my position.
Nowadays, doing as much as 2 hours of powerwalking per day, no pain.
Hoowa! :rambo:

traven
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 3:11 am

everyday moan
also something i haven't had in ages,
the painfull sort of dislocated jaw,you wake up with it and the only way to get rid of it is sleep again
menopause? or not having to be locked in one position the whole night?
(found i had no room in the bed & bedroom and clung on to my half meter on the bed & bedding)

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 5:16 am

Donald Morton wrote:
Maintaining proper posture has reduced pain with an arthritic knee, and toe problems on my right foot. I think that with the correct posture your weight is more evenly distributed. It has also helped to monitor my gate, not to take longer strides than necessary. One last thing, focus on how your foot lands, smoothly and not too heavy. I know it's a lot of stuff to keep in mind, but with diligence it becomes second nature. Best of luck to you MrsPeel.

That's a good point.
I was actually trying to maintain good posture while walking today and I did notice that my heels weren't hitting the ground as heavily as usual. There was a bit of extra tension in my leg muscles which meant my weight was going more onto the balls of my feet.
I think you might be onto something.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2020, 5:21 am

blazingstar wrote:
I have had severe joint pain for more than 20 years. It is connected to an autoimmune disorder of some kind. Now I am getting regular old osteoarthritis pain. <sigh>

Thank you for your words of support, Blazingstar.
Sending you :heart: :heart: :heart: also