Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 11:58 pm

I have finally told my parents about my ptsd and other issues. Probably gpong to go to a psych ward because of self harming behavior i will expand upon this in a later post. It feels nice to finally be free of the burden and the lies. Also fair warning next post Will be disturbing

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2020, 5:52 am

I hope all goes well. Did you parents know that you are on the spectrum? Just curious.

It is good to unburden things that have been kept hidden.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2020, 11:39 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I hope all goes well. Did you parents know that you are on the spectrum? Just curious.

They are aware, I think im going to make a list of my symptoms and what i suspect. I will explain more about what happened to get me to this point later. Im on mobile atm

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2020, 11:00 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

It seems i have PTSD and some sort of dissociative disorder. Well, I realized that while i wasn't sure why i was purposely triggering my ptsd, I realized recently now that i'm not dissociated with my emotions that i sort of get high of the trigger, I get numb it's feels like laughing gas. It's such a stupid thing to do. my mind can't deal with the stress so i have some kinda psychological episode, like mania or rapid mood swings. Anyway how it happen was.

So me and my step-mom were on a car ride back to maine. In teh mornigI started talking about psychology and kinda hinted that at the fact That i'm insane but i never really said it. Just beating around the bush. then After the conversation died down. I started having these mood swings. I'd just be like i'd swing from just like from happy to anxious to angry to sad. Rapidly It just kept going back and forth and I went catatonic it's not that i couldn't move but i just had to focus intently on it i don't kno hwo to cope with my mood i had to try to avoid triggering myself. (I kind of had the epiphany that i was an addiction earlier that day) But also avoid having a dissociative episode (Where i start to realize how i can't actually trust anything I see because my mind will change my identity and how i see the world). It was happening constantly like ever minute. I kept holding on eventually i realize that i'd eventually give up on myself something i'd never done before.

Then I started to split my personality. It was like two sides of me the yin and the yang were seperated but both me at the same time. I was kind of aware of both of them. But also it was like having someone convince you your going to be okay because i was also seperated from myself. anyway It was weird. Instead of just having the mood swings the mood swings were caused by the conversation we were having. Like i'd just bring up dissociation or there'd be confusion on who exactly is who. It sucks it was easier to understand it was better but it merged back together. After that i realized it was incredibly obvious i was mentally stable so i told her anyway. This whole episode lasted about 4 hours. I just realized i might as well tell them as it's clear i'm doing more harm to myself than good as this was likely triggered by my abuse of my ptsd triggers. I asked to be commited to a psych ward so hopefully that will happen in the near future. I realized that obviously I was doing more to myself than any misdiagnosis they could do would so might as well give it a shot.

that's pretty much it lol

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 5:22 am

Sounds like your step-mom was gaslighting you. I believe most of these disorders are result of childhood traumatic events anyway. Emotional manipulations. Emotional sensitivities. What you describe sounds like your brains defense mechanism. Just try to separate your self from such toxic triggers.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 7:33 am

My Dad did not know rhat it was happening to him, but he would keep switching moods as if he was entirely different charachers from one mood to the other, and it was caused by the medication he was on. He would notice the way the reast of us were becoming distant to him because of his unexpected mood changes and he would think that we were plotting something against him somehow. The doctor did not accept it was happening, as if he had accepted it he would have been blamed through not paying enough attention to my Dads medication, and when my Dad became suicidal and my Dad had asked for his doctor as he refused to speak to anyone else, and the police contacted his doctor, his doctor refused to come out.
This all hppened in the last few years of his life.
One thing though about my Dad. He never lied except to play a prank. If his version of events was different to how it happened, it was because his interpretation was different. It was not because he lied. His word was his word.
While I am almost sure that if I am on the spectrum my Mother is as well, I am wondering if my Dad was to some extent?
But there again, I am at the level where I had done so much of my own simple research about autism through trying to understand what it is and how I think etc, to try and figure out if I can be on the spectrum, that I no longer know what a neuro typical person actually is anymore!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 7:45 am

Everybody, in my opinion, has something “wrong” with them.

I’m not sure if you should go to a psych ward.....but I don’t know you. But it’s possible that you could benefit from outpatient psychiatric treatment.

It doesn’t seem like you physically harm others—and that’s majorly good. You don’t destroy things. You only harm yourself.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 4:08 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Everybody, in my opinion, has something “wrong” with them.

I’m not sure if you should go to a psych ward.....but I don’t know you. But it’s possible that you could benefit from outpatient psychiatric treatment.

It doesn’t seem like you physically harm others—and that’s majorly good. You don’t destroy things. You only harm yourself.

Yeah im not that was a bit of an over reaction. Its nice to have it out in the open even though as of yet nothing has changed

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2021, 2:45 pm

It certainly seems as though this stems from a deeper source. Perhaps you suffered as a child and this is your body's way of dealing with it. I am glad you have found the courage to be open, but be warned in case the cause of your potential suffering decides to use this against you.