Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 9:03 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Funny s**t.

Well, we don't have to worry about Trump barricading himself in the WH. He's now said he will abide by the electoral college vote once it's official. So much for the conspiracy theories.

What do "conspiracy theories" have to do with it?

The skit is not about conspiring about anything. Its correctly predicting that he wont concede.

Well actually the conspiracy theory is he'll stage a coup. That's why he fired Mark Esper and so on.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 9:07 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Well, we don't have to worry about Trump barricading himself in the WH. He's now said he will abide by the electoral college vote once it's official.

It took me a little while to find relevant news stories via Google, but you're right, he's now said that, as of today, here and here -- although "He reiterated his baseless claims about the election being stolen from him because of fraudulent votes in key battleground states that Biden wound up winning."

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 9:31 pm

Most of the media isn't making his concession front page news? Gee I wonder why? Actually I don't wonder at all.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 9:50 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Funny s**t.

Well, we don't have to worry about Trump barricading himself in the WH. He's now said he will abide by the electoral college vote once it's official. So much for the conspiracy theories.

The skit is not about conspiring about anything. Its correctly predicting that he wont concede.

Trump has already conceded, as I stated in the quoted text. Perhaps "fantasy scenarios" would be a more appropriate term. Either way, the writers of the "skit" were poking fun at the absurdity that Trump was going to make a last stand in the White House. He's taken it as far as he could, legally, now he's preparing for the uaual transition of power.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 11:44 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Funny s**t.

Trump has already conceded, as I stated in the quoted text. Perhaps "fantasy scenarios" would be a more appropriate term. Either way, the writers of the "skit" were poking fun at the absurdity that Trump was going to make a last stand in the White House. He's taken it as far as he could, legally, now he's preparing for the uaual transition of power.

Not if his spirtual adviser, this lady, is able to summon the angels!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 26 Nov 2020, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 11:47 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Most of the media isn't making his concession front page news? Gee I wonder why? Actually I don't wonder at all.

Presumably because the international news headline is that he hasn't conceded, only decided the transition is necessary.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 3:12 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:

What he said was not quite a concession yet. He just said he would "leave the White House" if Biden wins the Electoral College vote, but, in the meantime, he's still fighting.

Anyhow, some relevant news stories (here and here) now ARE at the top of Google News, although they weren't at the top when I looked there several hours ago.

EDIT: I also found some news stories from earlier in the day which emphasized his continued insistence on his “rigged” election claims, which apparently were the main theme of the press conference. The statement that he would leave the White House if the Electoral College voted for Biden occurred only after multiple reporters asked him repeatedly if he would leave the White House if the Electoral College voted for Biden. See, for example, this Yahoo News story.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 3:57 am

Well it certainly indicates he's not planning on barricading himself in the WH or planning on staging a coup.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 5:01 am

That statement and his agreement to start the transition is potentially the best news in 4 years. Because he is impulsive and is a liar I would not assume this is the last word.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2020, 7:23 am

cberg wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

Presumably because the international news headline is that he hasn't conceded, only decided the transition is necessary.

Exactly. How they supposed to report something ...much less make it "front page news" if it never happened?

He has NOT yet conceded the election. Only agreed to allow the transition process to begin. Not the same thing.