Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 4:06 pm

This morning I watched a very interesting video:

Trump's Biggest Failure, premiered Oct 16, 2019 (made by one Kraut, who produces videos on a variety of topics, mostly historical and geopolitical).

Despite the title, this video is not primarily about Trump. The first 39 minutes are a history of China and its relationship to the West, from ancient times up to the election of Trump.

The remaining 30 minutes explain how China has taken advantage of Trump's incompetence and buffoonery, enabling China to increase its global power dramatically within just a few short years.

Starting at approximately 47:50 there is also some discussion of the rapidly-growing influence of China in Australia.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 7:07 pm

Another, much shorter video:

Chyna, produced by The Lincoln Project, Oct 13, 2020.

(This one's just an anti-Trump political ad, not nearly as in-depth as the previously-posted, much longer, more educational video.)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 10:54 am

Thanks for posting that. Have studied Chinese history, and world history, and that vid connects a lot of familiar dots into one big, but clear, sweeping story that rings true.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2020, 4:21 am

Trump’s troop withdrawals are forcing Asia to contemplate a post-US future, particularly in the South China Sea by William Choong, South China Morning Post, 12 Mar, 2020:

Quote:
By threatening to pull out of South Korea and letting a long-standing US-Philippines military agreement end, Trump has breached the unthinkable.

The worry is that the US may strike a withdrawal deal with China in the South China Sea, carving up the disputed waters in a sort of Guam Doctrine.