Page 3 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 8:12 pm

Something I have never been into and as a child I would not even wear, is any clothing which has big advertizing on it.

These days I tend to wear the odd item but not often. I prefer plane tee-shirts and clothes.
I do not mind a little logo as long as it is discreet.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 8:31 pm

Have learned later in life I prefer soft fabrics in choices for clothing . And a little bit of durability . Although if am going to go out . Will opt for a little style , learned that various colour s or shades of colors are complimentary to each other . Am by no means a slave to fashion . But occasionally find myself putting together outfits that work.

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 8:47 pm

size 14 EEEEE for meeee, tough to find shoes that huge, so if i find 'em i can't afford to buy multiple copies so instead i just patch them as they wear out, with duct tape, stout thread, staples, cotton batting for filler in the holes, rubber glue. i have a 13 year old pair of walking shoes that are definitely running on fumes, as they say.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 9:06 pm

Hmmm. Customized sized shoes for custom feet ? :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 9:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
size 14 EEEEE for meeee, tough to find shoes that huge, so if i find 'em i can't afford to buy multiple copies so instead i just patch them as they wear out, with duct tape, stout thread, staples, cotton batting for filler in the holes, rubber glue. i have a 13 year old pair of walking shoes that are definitely running on fumes, as they say.

my cousin has size 17 feet.

Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 9:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:

... ... ...
My husband would be happy to pitch in for your new pair...No offense intended, here...Last winter, when he visited his island, he returned home with only the pair of shoes he was wearing...Each time a friend or relative complimented his good taste in shoes, he would gift that pair...(His special interest is Brand-name sports shoes, which are very desirable in his culture)...I am so-o-o proud of him for his generosity... :D :heart: :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 9:58 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

how tall is he?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 9:59 pm

Clueless2017 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

... ... ...
My husband would be happy to pitch in for your new pair...No offense intended, here...Last winter, when he visited his island, he returned home with only the pair of shoes he was wearing...Each time a friend or relative complimented his good taste in shoes, he would gift that pair...(His special interest is Brand-name sports shoes, which are very desirable in his culture)...I am so-o-o proud of him for his generosity... :D :heart: :wink:

sounds like a good man. :star: i can tell he doesn't have to patch up his shoes.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 10:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

how tall is he?

I think he is just under 7ft or thereabouts. He has to sleep with his legs sticking out the bed by about a foot.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 10:11 pm

If I have a choice, I'd get at least two pairs customized to my feet.

It's not the length of my feet that's the issue, it's the proportions; my feet are a bit too wide in it's usual size's proportion.

So if I had to buy any pair of shoes...
It's either a size bigger than it's length, occassionally male size, or from a shop that actually has wider proportion per size in unisex/female sizes.

... Then add the fact that I like to walk out. :lol: It'll bound to break cheaply made footwear in less than 2 years. 6 or so months, if I go out daily.

Another factor would be my household is just so nosy, one of them ought to steal borrow one of my pairs and wear it in occassion. :?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 10:13 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

how tall is he?

I think he is just under 7ft or thereabouts. He has to sleep with his legs sticking out the bed by about a foot.

gosh, that would not be comfy one bit, i hope he has an ottoman he can rest his legs on.

Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 11:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

... ... ...

sounds like a good man. :star: i can tell he doesn't have to patch up his shoes.

... ... ...
Thank you for kind words...He is indeed a good-hearted man... :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 12:15 am

Clueless2017 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

... ... ...

... ... ...

prego :) has he ever had to patch up his shoes?

Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 12:42 am

auntblabby wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

... ... ...

... ... ...

prego :) has he ever had to patch up his shoes?

... ... ...
He once related to me a story about having to buy cheap plastic shoes for himself in order to afford to buy his son brand-name sneakers...I know he has experienced extreme poverty first-hand...How much more grateful he is to be able to afford his special interest (shoes)...Now that i think about it, it has been a while since he last purchased a new pair...Due to the pandemic, we have really restricted our shopping... :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 1:02 am

^^^the pandemic has wrecked everything. :(

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 1:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^the pandemic has wrecked everything. :(

Have you tried mail-order shoes? That is a booming thing now. In summer, handmade sandals might be a good substitute. I find that Shoe Goo is pretty wonderful - and that the exact same stuff is sold as Automotive Goo and Marine Goo, among others.

Speaking of shoes - I once had a pair with a low, built-in heel and a fairly slick bottom. I found I could ski down a carpeted staircase in them.
Long ago, I spent a weekend helping put a corrugated steel roof on a house, wearing my regular running shoes. Then, after dinner on Sunday, I remembered I needed to do a tiny bit more work near the peak. Rather than lace on my shoes, I borrowed a pair of cut-down rubber boots. They had a stickier rubber, and I just zipped up and back, after spending two days almost sliding off.