You have been blocked from entering information on this blog

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Drolo
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jan 2021, 8:57 am

Hi.

Yesterday, a while after writing a post, I tried to connect and I got this message:

Quote:
You have been blocked from entering information on this blog. In order to prevent this from happening in the future you may ask the owner to add your network address to a list that allows you full access.

Please enter your email address and a short note requesting access here.

At first I thought that I had been banned, but it didn't make sense because I hadn't broken any rules and I hadn't warning.

I write in the message that there was, and now I have access again, so it's something else.

My question is: Why does that appear? Does it automatically jump for something specific? Is it because of a server or human error?

It is simple curiosity and know if it jumps for something specific, how to avoid it.

Regards.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Jan 2021, 6:51 pm

It's not a straightforward IP block on the ranges of IPs you've previously connected with, which can happen as IPs banned as used by spammers get reused by innocent members, and you've clearly been posting to the forums Ok.
Does this occur as you try to log on or when you try to submit a post? Where are you attempting to post?

Please try and track down an IP which may be outside the range you've currently been using. Some ISPs use different blocks of addresses that vary greatly so you may still be blocked by a different IP block here.
You can find your current IP easily by Googling: what's my IP

If you find you're in the same situation you've described, do the Google query immediately and note the IP.
Normally a new IP is dynamically obtained as you first connect to your ISP so disconnecting and reconnecting should give a fresh IP with which you can log on. Once that's done, please PM me with the IP the Google search provided and I'll recheck the block lists.

Drolo
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jan 2021, 6:04 am

No, it's doesn't happen to me anymore, it happened to me that day, I got out when trying to logging. I send an email to the admin and the problem was fixed the next day. I asked to know if I had done something that made it appear, or if it was an server error or IP confusion. For what you say I guess it would be the last one.

Regards.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

02 Jan 2021, 8:02 am

Ah Ok, I'm glad it was resolved.
It was most likely a banned IP previously used by a spammer.

sport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2021, 12:01 pm

I have been blocked form sites for not being of age but being 80+ should get me in.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 2:00 am

I get the same message when I try to edit or delete anything in my user profile.

I've tried different IP addresses, but it still happens. I also tried filling in the requested information (email address and a note requesting access).

What should I do?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

23 Feb 2021, 9:01 am

Search Google with what's my IP then immediately try to edit your profile.
If that fails, as it seems it will, PM me the IP used and I'll check if it's banned.

It looks like this might be something weird (corruption?) with your profile though; if you happen to be accidentally using a banned IP it shouldn't matter what you try to do - a banned IP means you'll be unable to access WP for any reason.

sport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2021, 9:10 am

I just don't get the set up what gives?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

23 Feb 2021, 9:12 am

Sorry, I don't understand your question. :?

sport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2021, 9:13 am

Sorry why can't we log in to certain sites?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

23 Feb 2021, 9:16 am

This isn't about other sites - it's about a specific type of difficulty which can occur when logging on/using Wrong Planet, related to the IP address in use.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 10:56 pm

Nevermind. I changed IP addresses again and it works now. Thanks.