Page 39 of 41 [ 648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 1:57 pm

Dear Brictoria,
Thank you for the clarification of the whole zip-tie thing.
I had believed that he brought them with him.
From that belief I opined that there was potential hostage-taking.
I am hoping for more explanations and clarifications.
I want to believe that their goals were not what I had come to believe that they fully intended to do.
Sincerely hoping that the violence, destruction and murder that happened was not what they were after.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:24 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Dear Brictoria,
I want to believe that their goals were not what I had come to believe that they fully intended to do.
Sincerely hoping that the violence, destruction and murder that happened was not what they were after.

Considering they were chanting about hanging Mike Pence, I have a feeling destruction and murder was exactly what they were after. Just because they picked up the zip ties after entering the building does not mean they did not have criminal intent.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:25 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Sylkat wrote:
Dear Brictoria,

Considering they were chanting about hanging Mike Pence, I have a feeling destruction and murder was exactly what they were after. Just because they picked up the zip ties after entering the building does not mean they did not have criminal intent.

the improvised gallows was visible in at least one photo. the righties want us to think it was just a figment of our imagination.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:33 pm

I find it hard to believe this was an inside job because would they really be willing to sacrifice their congress and their capital and then just arrest people, you know throw them under the bus? That would be a crazy conspiracy but let the conspiracies begin.

I think this just wasn't taken seriously because these were white people, this was not a LGBT protest or a BLM protest. They call this protest white privilege. The fact they just let them get into the capital and took too long to take action. If this had been black people protesting, they would be shot at and attacked before they even make it to the capital.

What could possibly go wrong, this will just be a peaceful protest. :roll:

At least it was peaceful when they had all 50 state capitals armed and had lot of back up that only very few showed up and did it peacefully.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:36 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I find it hard to believe this was an inside job because would they really be willing to sacrifice their congress and their capital and then just arrest people, you know throw them under the bus? That would be a crazy conspiracy but let the conspiracies begin.

I think this just wasn't taken seriously because these were white people, this was not a LGBT protest or a BLM protest. They call this protest white privilege. The fact they just let them get into the capital and took too long to take action. If this had been black people protesting, they would be shot at and attacked before they even make it to the capital.

At least it was peaceful when they had all 50 state capitals armed and had lot of back up that only very few showed up and did it peacefully.

Well even the FBI has said white supremacists have infiltrated the police, so unfortunately certainly could be there are some individuals on the inside that were willing to do that.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:39 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Dear Brictoria,

Sometimes the truth is hard to face so we sometimes lie to ourselves and find reasons to find this is not true. Talk about denial. There is even a video of them chanting "Hang Mike Pence" and they even had the gallow with a noose. This was all scary s**t and even if this was all supposed to be an act and staged, they are still in trouble because no one gets to call the police to make a false report about a bomb and no one gets to go to the airport and joke about having weapons and how they are going to take over the plane, that will be taken seriously and you don't get to say 'But I was just joking, I had no intention." No, you will still be arrested and charged with that crime.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:41 pm

the masterminds will get away with it, as they so often do.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:42 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Well even the FBI has said white supremacists have infiltrated the police, so unfortunately certainly could be there are some individuals on the inside that were willing to do that.

Luckily the white supremacists hadn't infiltered the FBI or we would have been doomed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:43 pm

^^^or at least the original white supremacist cross-dressing piece of work who ran the FBI [hoover] is now barbequing in purgatory.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:46 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Luckily the white supremacists hadn't infiltered the FBI or we would have been doomed.

Unfortunately not sure it hasn't been...but at least if so its not enough for them to not pursue crimes related to white supremacism.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:49 pm

Those "protestors" should have cordoned off----a least a block from the Capitol.

That's certainly would have happened had the protestors been BLM.

They were chanting "Hang Mike Pence." There were nooses. Who brings a zip tie to a protest? Nobody is climbing any mountains in DC.

At least one Capitol Police Officer took a Selfie with a "protestor"----in the midst of the mayhem.

Seems like the "protestors" were aided and abetted by a few elements of the Capitol Police.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Those "protestors" should have cordoned off----a least a block from the Capitol.

That's certainly would have happened had the protestors been BLM.

They were chanting "Hang Mike Pence." There were nooses. Who brings a zip tie to a protest? Nobody is climbing any mountains in DC.

At least one Capitol Police Officer took a Selfie with a "protestor"----in the midst of the mayhem.

Seems like the "protestors" were aided and abetted by a few elements of the Capitol Police.

That being said though chances are BLM protestors wouldn't have stormed the capital with intent to execute/murder congress people.

Also, I saw a video where a couple cops moved a barricade so that insurrectionists could get through. Of course there was also the one officer who risked his own skin to get them to chase him buying a bit more time for the congress people to get to safety.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 22 Jan 2021, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:55 pm

Did I say they would have? I certainly didn't say that.

I was agreeing with the people who spoke of a sort of "white privilege" in this case.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Did I say they would have? I certainly didn't say that.

I was agreeing with the people who spoke of a sort of "white privilege" in this case.

I know, perhaps it was a bit redundant to say...I was trying to add to the argument, not accuse you of suggesting they would have.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 6:38 pm

League_Girl wrote:

GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert gave Capitol tour to ‘large’ group before the riots, Democratic lawmaker says
Quote:
Amid a push to investigate whether any GOP lawmakers aided rioters at the Capitol, several Democrats last week accused an unnamed House Republican of leading groups on “reconnaissance” tours of the building before the Jan. 6 attack.

Now, two Democratic lawmakers say they personally saw one Republican — Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado — with a “large” group in a tunnel connected to the Capitol days before the attempted insurrection that left four rioters and one police officer dead.
Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) said on Monday that he and Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) had both seen Boebert in the tunnel outside the Cannon House Office Building with a group sometime in the three days before the riots. He said he didn’t know who was in the group or if anyone with Boebert later participated in the attack.

Congressman [John] Yarmuth refreshed my recollection yesterday,” Cohen told Jim Sciutto on “CNN Newsroom.” “We saw Boebert taking a group of people for a tour sometime after the 3rd and before the 6th. … Now whether these people were people that were involved in the insurrection or not, I do not know.”

Boebert, a gun rights advocate with links to the baseless QAnon conspiracy theory, called Cohen’s remarks “false” and “slanderous” in a letter sent to the congressman on Monday, which she also shared on Twitter. Boebert said she had taken a number of family members into the Capitol on Jan. 2 for a tour and Jan. 3 to take pictures on the day she was sworn into office, but had not given any other tours.

I have my suspicions about the leadership of the D.C. police. You average school has metal detectors and so on. Yet 19 years after 9/11 The Capital on day with one of the most contentious sessions in recent memory, with plenty of intelligence warnings about potential the building might be stormed had that level of security. Come on.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 7:01 pm

Well then, those Republicans should be arrested as well for treason. I know Donald Trump was behind it and he just stayed inside than showing up at his own rally. Talk about throwing his own minions under the bus. :roll: