Apple slaves REVOLT, destroy factory over $7/month pay

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 12:12 pm

I'm not sure of all the ins and outs to this story, admittedly I'm throwing it on here without having done tons of research to verify the claims, just that he does seem to be taking a relatively cautious stance and his triangulation against other articles seems pretty fair. I say that because I'm interested in learning more on the topic and more that can be done, just that if there are any significant distortions given here please let me know.

I'd just have to hope that at least a critical mass, even if less than most people (most likely the case), value human rights over convenience or cheap gadgets. To the degree that China already has Uygur as forced slave labor in some cases and it's gotten limited outcry the answer is probably no - we just care about racism when it's in our borders, not when it's being used to make us shiny new phones for pennies on the dollar and even within our borders serfdom is okay so long as the race ratio matches the population and the product being given (thinking Amazon) is super convenient.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin