MTG stripped of committee assignments

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,546
Location: Houston, Texas

04 Feb 2021, 8:28 pm

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-poised-remove-rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-committee/story?id=75682139


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,815
Location: Aux Arcs

04 Feb 2021, 9:01 pm

Good.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,323
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

04 Feb 2021, 9:17 pm

Yet, as I understand she had received a standing ovation from other Republicans, she still has a big fan following.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,942
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

05 Feb 2021, 12:38 am

She's nuts and should be fired.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Mr Reynholm
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 425
Location: Tulsa, OK

05 Feb 2021, 9:39 am

Democrats have been clinging to some pretty nutty conspiracy theories of their own.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 47,711
Location: Stendec

05 Feb 2021, 9:42 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
MTG Stripped Of Committee Assignments.
Was that only for House committees?  If so, then the Senate should do the same for their committees.


_________________
45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 47,711
Location: Stendec

05 Feb 2021, 9:43 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Democrats have been clinging to some pretty nutty conspiracy theories of their own.
Claiming moral equivalency between one group's immoral acts and those of another group is a null defense.


_________________
45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Mr Reynholm
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 425
Location: Tulsa, OK

05 Feb 2021, 10:17 am

We now live in a Clown World where Marjorie Taylor Green is to "Dangerous" to be on committees but Eric Swalwell who literally banged a Chinese spy isn't.



Mr Reynholm
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 425
Location: Tulsa, OK

05 Feb 2021, 10:19 am

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Democrats have been clinging to some pretty nutty conspiracy theories of their own.
Claiming moral equivalency between one group's immoral acts and those of another group is a null defense.

My bad, I should have said the Democrats are clinging to delusions, not conspiracies.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 47,711
Location: Stendec

05 Feb 2021, 10:21 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
We now live in a Clown World where Marjorie Taylor Green is to "Dangerous" to be on committees but Eric Swalwell who literally banged a Chinese spy isn't.
In December 2020, Swalwell was named in a report about suspected Chinese spy Christine Fang.  Axios reported that Fang participated in fundraising for Swalwell's 2014 congressional election bid, met Swalwell at events, and helped place an intern inside Swalwell's congressional office.  Axios also reports that U.S. officials do not believe that Swalwell or others gave the woman classified information.

Do you have any evidence that he "banged" her, or did you just make that one up too?


_________________
45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,942
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

05 Feb 2021, 10:29 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Democrats have been clinging to some pretty nutty conspiracy theories of their own.
Claiming moral equivalency between one group's immoral acts and those of another group is a null defense.

My bad, I should have said the Democrats are clinging to delusions, not conspiracies.


Which are?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 47,711
Location: Stendec

05 Feb 2021, 10:45 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Democrats have been clinging to some pretty nutty conspiracy theories of their own.
Claiming moral equivalency between one group's immoral acts and those of another group is a null defense.
My bad, I should have said the Democrats are clinging to delusions, not conspiracies.
Please elaborate and provide proof, if you think you can.  Remember, at least 50 judges have dismissed claims that the 2020 election was stolen from Mr. Trump due to lack of evidence.


_________________
45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Mr Reynholm
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 425
Location: Tulsa, OK

05 Feb 2021, 10:48 am

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
We now live in a Clown World where Marjorie Taylor Green is to "Dangerous" to be on committees but Eric Swalwell who literally banged a Chinese spy isn't.
In December 2020, Swalwell was named in a report about suspected Chinese spy Christine Fang.  Axios reported that Fang participated in fundraising for Swalwell's 2014 congressional election bid, met Swalwell at events, and helped place an intern inside Swalwell's congressional office.  Axios also reports that U.S. officials do not believe that Swalwell or others gave the woman classified information.

Do you have any evidence that he "banged" her, or did you just make that one up too?
As the great Thomas Sowell said: "It is futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance."



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 47,711
Location: Stendec

05 Feb 2021, 10:49 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
We now live in a Clown World where Marjorie Taylor Green is to "Dangerous" to be on committees but Eric Swalwell who literally banged a Chinese spy isn't.
In December 2020, Swalwell was named in a report about suspected Chinese spy Christine Fang.  Axios reported that Fang participated in fundraising for Swalwell's 2014 congressional election bid, met Swalwell at events, and helped place an intern inside Swalwell's congressional office.  Axios also reports that U.S. officials do not believe that Swalwell or others gave the woman classified information.  Do you have any evidence that he "banged" her, or did you just make that one up too?
As the great Thomas Sowell said: "It is futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance."
It would be easier for you to admit that you have no proof than to engaging in trollish behavior by virtue-signaling.


_________________
45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,643
Location: Long Island, New York

05 Feb 2021, 10:59 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yet, as I understand she had received a standing ovation from other Republicans, she still has a big fan following.

That is correct.
Greene apologizes to GOP colleagues — and gets standing ovation
Quote:
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) apologized for her past controversial remarks and embrace of the QAnon conspiracy theory during a heated closed-door House GOP conference meeting — and received a standing ovation at one point from a number of her colleagues.

Greene told her colleagues that she made a mistake by being curious about “Q” and said she told her children she learned a lesson about what to put on social media, according to two sources in the room.

She also denied that she knew what Jewish space lasers were and defended her comments that past school shootings were staged by stating that she had personal had personal experience with a school shooting.

She received a standing ovation from some members of the caucus at the conclusion of her remarks.

There are no words

What makes her statements on school gunmen more baffling is her own personal experience.
Marjorie Taylor Greene Says She Understands Fear Students Have After Own School Experience With Gunman
Quote:
I understand how terrible it is.... One of my schoolmates brought guns to school and took our entire school hostage, and that happened right down the hall from my classroom," Greene told her colleagues on the House floor. She was speaking of an incident that happened when she was 16 years old and in the 11th grade.

Greene graduated from South Forsyth High School in Cumming, Georgia, in 1992

Reports from the time show that no one was injured during the school's ordeal, but 17-year-old sophomore, who was armed with a rifle, shotgun and a pistol, held two classes—53 people combined—at gunpoint.

Nine of Greene's classmates were held hostage for more than five hours, the reports said. Addis was eventually taken into custody after "becoming dizzy and giving up the siege," the Associated Press reported at the time.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

It is Autism Acceptance Month.


NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jan 2021
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,105
Location: UK

05 Feb 2021, 11:37 am

From what I know of her, this is a very good thing.


_________________
Hans Asperger himself called autism a natural entity
Opinion polls coming to WP in 2022!