Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 1:00 am

Pepe wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
Pepe wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
Whale_Tuune wrote:
6 hrs update: he still apparently has not checked his insta 6 hrs later... he is also apparently still on discord. He has to be intentionally avoiding it. If someone you liked asked you to check your insta, you would not forget to do so for six hours. Granted, Idk what he's doing on discord, but no one is that oblivious, esp when asked to check their insta outright. And I say this as an Aspie on a website for ASD folks.

He's in a weird position right now - he's your brother's friend. If he goes for sex only, he stands a risk of getting his head smashed in. It's awkward. Tell him all is well, message received. Tell him to find you suitable guys. He will try and will not set you up with a jerk but be careful anyway.

From memory, her brother doesn't have a problem with the idea.

Her brother is alright with the dating but seriously, any brother would smash the head of a dude that crosses a boundary with his sister - friend or not.

What boundaries?
The brotherhood of guys?

I don't see the problem.

To use her only for sex and then throwing her, if that’s not her intention too.
The brother may have no problem for him to date her but probably won’t be ok for him to use her.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 6:53 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RG is right.

User name checks out.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 7:07 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
Pepe wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
Whale_Tuune wrote:
6 hrs update: he still apparently has not checked his insta 6 hrs later... he is also apparently still on discord. He has to be intentionally avoiding it. If someone you liked asked you to check your insta, you would not forget to do so for six hours. Granted, Idk what he's doing on discord, but no one is that oblivious, esp when asked to check their insta outright. And I say this as an Aspie on a website for ASD folks.

He's in a weird position right now - he's your brother's friend. If he goes for sex only, he stands a risk of getting his head smashed in. It's awkward. Tell him all is well, message received. Tell him to find you suitable guys. He will try and will not set you up with a jerk but be careful anyway.

From memory, her brother doesn't have a problem with the idea.

Her brother is alright with the dating but seriously, any brother would smash the head of a dude that crosses a boundary with his sister - friend or not.

What boundaries?
The brotherhood of guys?

I don't see the problem.

To use her only for sex and then throwing her, if that’s not her intention too.
The brother may have no problem for him to date her but probably won’t be ok for him to use her.

Well, duh. :mrgreen:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

05 Mar 2021, 4:18 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
Whale_Tuune wrote:
While I was getting dinner, he came up to me to get my attention and said hi, and apologized for everything, started asking about my weekend and everything. And then when I gave him a chance to exit the conversation he followed me to get dinner, and kept talking to me. So we talked about plans and everything. Like setting something up.

I still did not get the sense that he realized my intention, but maybe I am just dense. There was a lot more laughter from him, it actually bordered on seeming nervous at times, but he seemed very interested in talking to me. Like I said, he sought me out and all that. Big friendly vibes at the very least. Like... if he knew I was interested and was not interested himself, I feel like he would have not been so eager to speak to me for like half an hour while we were getting dinner.

I did not get flirtatious vibes, but to be fair, we were in the middle of a public campus sidewalk in the freezing cold, with face masks on. So, I don't know what flirtatious vibes would have looked like in that context.

I remain confused but slightly more uplifted?

That sounds a lot like younger me. Girls liked me but I didn't know what to do.

Honestly, having fun while young is alright, but he seems serious about his religious functions, are you sure you want to get tangled up in a religion you two do not share? I'm sure it won't be the last event he invites you to where you will feel lost. I don't think I've ever had any crushes that were this problematic out the door.

I'm of Jewish descent myself, from a non-practicing family. In Jewish customs, in a family, the descent of the woman is more important than the man's, so ultimately it may play a role there as well. Basically you not being Jewish may be a long-term problem if he's serious about his religion. Nevermind the fact that the two of you may not even share the basic system of beliefs. My two cents.

Have fun though.

Lucky you lucky me.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

05 Mar 2021, 4:57 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
i'd say there is a better chance of dinosaurs coming back to life than women making the first move or asking men out in the masses, droves, etc.

I initiated 99% of my relationships, once not, once did based on sensed hints from a girl. Halfway once in rl, kissed a guy in front of my mom as he came over then got his number. I was 16. As you can imagine, mom was mortified. She chased us on dates as we tried to lose her trail. Understandable given my age, but abuse is somewhat normal to me so. But it's actually one of the few times im glad my parents were on the watch. I wasn't back then.

I like flirting. A few days ago I made a guy blush at a 4 semaphore walk, I ran quickly to catch the timing and got there just as his light went green. I looked into his eyes the whole time even while running up to the zebra, he looked at me then down, seemed to blush as we passed by each other. Lucky pass, it was just the two of us walking on that zebra. He was really cute, blond and blue eyes a bit chubby.

Earlier that day I switched insistant looks with a rich guy in a nice suit before he finally got into the car. Usually they don't stare back for so long. Made sure I brushed my hair behind my ear while looking. He was a hot top-hound.

It is suggested the woman should wait for marriage because a guy may doubt and do it out of the wrong reasons. Anyhow I won't ever get married.

Last edited by Rexi on 05 Mar 2021, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 5:00 pm

Rexi wrote:
Lucky you lucky me.

Tragic, I know.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 5:07 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Lucky you lucky me.

Tragic, I know.

Scandalous, bay bee. A love torn by the world around us akin to a honeycomb. How can it be in this day and age?

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 5:16 pm

Rexi wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Lucky you lucky me.

Tragic, I know.

Scandalous, bay bee. A love torn by the world around us akin to a honeycomb. How can it be in this day and age?

Something tell me we're bound to bump into each other again.

Last edited by r00tb33r on 05 Mar 2021, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 5:20 pm

Pepe wrote:
madbutnotmad wrote:
Whale_Tuune wrote:
I... think I should just blatantly tell him I like him and want to go on an official "date."

This has all been too ambiguous. Bad idea to just ask to get food. College students get food with one another all the time. I am still unclear if we went on a date or what we thought... and I "shot my shot" like a week ago.

Okay, I just need to see him in person and tell him.

Yes. I think it would be a good idea for you to do this.
This also may get him to explain if there are any restrictions imposed on such a relationship due to religious reasons.

I was thinking about what you said about your meeting with him. You said that the opportunity for you both to speak freely was there due to one of his friends being sat close by.

Thinking about my experiences with a religious girl, some religions (especially those who forbid sex before marriage)
will force young ones to always have a chaperone present during any times that you both are together in order to prevent you two getting too close and having sex.

Not all religious people do this, but it would be worth you clarifying as to whether this is why his buddy was hanging about the first time you met up.

As obviously, if you had plans to have sex with him before marrying, or perhaps even having sex with him and then not getting married, this may be a problem if he or his religious leaders forbids such activities.

As previously mentioned in my first reply, this is how it is sometimes when it comes to getting involved with religious folk, so can be difficult from the start.

If he is serious about his religion, it may require you to convert in order to be together.
And if you do convert, it still may require you to get married before you can have sex.

Sorry to be so blunt, but this is how religious people can be, which I myself didn't understand when I got involved with my ex-wife. If i had known what was involved to simply go out with my ex-wife, i wouldn't have bother.
As I didn't believe in her religion so I was always an outsider and didn't like the life of being told what to do by some religious nerd, who more often than not didn't keep his own religions rules as well as I did, even though i didn't even believe in his Religion.

So. Yup. I would get him to clarify re chaperoning if i were you.

I sincerely hope for your welfare that it isn't the case, but it does all sound a little too familiar to me.

If it does go the religious way, you will have a lot of thinking to do, as it is a massive decision in your life.
Do you convert which means learning to live as a Jewish person, or do you not, and find someone somewhere else.

From my understanding, people who are highly religious don't generally do "dating" unless they aren't practising members of the religion. So this is something you will have to find out, before you get too deeply involved, and you get hurt or heart broken...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Religious relationships are often complex, and not always understood by us non religious people. Not a life that i want to live.
Good luck.

It is easier being an atheist.
Eternal damnation, but freedom of choice. 8)

Id gladly suffer Eternal Damnation with you in my arms, but the truth is it's not going to happen. Instead, the limited yet fulfilling time we have will fully be spent petting your head and rubbing your fluffy cheeks, skunkii.

If I were a maggot, I wouldn't eat your brain. Id just be slipping slowly between fluffy black and white thinking patterns with you.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 5:33 pm

Off Topic
Rexi wrote:
Id gladly suffer Eternal Damnation with you in my arms, but the truth is it's not going to happen. Instead, the limited yet fulfilling time we have will fully be spent petting your head and rubbing your fluffy cheeks, skunkii.

Don't forget my furry tummy. 8O
I luv my tummy rubs. :heart:

Rexi wrote:
If I were a maggot, I wouldn't eat your brain. Id just be slipping slowly between fluffy black and white thinking patterns with you.

Well, they say the brain is the biggest sexual organ, so, why not? :mrgreen:

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 7:45 pm

Rexi wrote:
I like flirting. A few days ago I made a guy blush at a 4 semaphore walk, I ran quickly to catch the timing and got there just as his light went green. I looked into his eyes the whole time even while running up to the zebra, he looked at me then down, seemed to blush as we passed by each other. Lucky pass, it was just the two of us walking on that zebra. He was really cute, blond and blue eyes a bit chubby.

Earlier that day I switched insistant looks with a rich guy in a nice suit before he finally got into the car. Usually they don't stare back for so long. Made sure I brushed my hair behind my ear while looking. He was a hot top-hound.

This could be dangerous. Flirting in the physical world can lead to a misunderstanding that could lead to you getting hurt, and in an altercation anything could happen, including the worst. Afterward you could also be culpable if you're found to have been provocative, and the assailant would be found innocent.

Flirt safely online, but don't do it in the physical world when you don't have genuine interest in relations. Be careful.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 7:51 pm

What's a "semaphore" in the context of roads?

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 7:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What's a "semaphore" in the context of roads?

Just another word for traffic light.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 8:00 pm

I never heard that----even in the UK.

I know, in South Africa, a traffic light is known as a "robot."

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 8:04 pm

Off Topic
Rexi wrote:

Earlier that day I switched insistant looks with a rich guy in a nice suit before he finally got into the car. Usually they don't stare back for so long. Made sure I brushed my hair behind my ear while looking. He was a hot top-hound skunk.

Fixed it for you. 8)

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 8:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I never heard that----even in the UK.

I know, in South Africa, a traffic light is known as a "robot."

I heard it used in regard to railroad traffic lights before, including in the west I believe.

The term is also used in software regarding resource sharing, semaphores are a way to safely share a resource between multiple concurrent processes.