Women not getting involved anymore?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 9:31 am

When I was 17 in college some girls would approach me and want to get involved with me etc....

I remember when I was 25 and had a full time job no women wanted to be involved with me and I was never really approached by women in the workplace etc.....

Has any other guy had the same experiences when transitioning from your late teens to mid twenties?

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 9:52 am

I'm a woman and I've noticed the same pattern with men. I think it's just that most people prefer partners the same age as them, and people pairing off means the dating pool narrows as you get older.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 10:00 am

Ettina wrote:
I'm a woman and I've noticed the same pattern with men. I think it's just that most people prefer partners the same age as them, and people pairing off means the dating pool narrows as you get older.

What does women not approaching me at work got to do with people preferring partners the same age?

Also can I just add there was a 6 year age gap between my grandparents

NogginHeadFace
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Feb 2021, 12:34 pm

Well I'd say younger people of all types are more willing to go out on a limb and try something new. So at 17 you'd get college girls asking you out. But at 25 perhaps people have more things on their plate and are less likely to risk their time for something that may not pan out. There is also the fact that lots of people go to college to have a good time, and so will act accordingly, and then when they leave college, many will consider that behaviour a bit 'behind them' or will at least tone it down, which would result in less girls taking a risk on you. And also, perhaps you display behaviour that will seem slightly weird, which may be acceptable at age 17, given your youth, but by age 25 it may have been expected that you would have grown out of that behaviour by then which would reduce female interest, but I do not know you in real life so this point may be moot.

And also shagging in the workplace is kinda frowned upon. Many people don't like to do that because it can lead to big problems down the road.

And also about your grandparents, they lived in a different time to you or I. I'm going to assume your grandparents got married in the 50's/60's perhaps, I am not sure you can make the comparison between dating in their age to modern dating as bluntly as you have done.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 1:39 pm

NogginHeadFace wrote:
Well I'd say younger people of all types are more willing to go out on a limb and try something new. So at 17 you'd get college girls asking you out. But at 25 perhaps people have more things on their plate and are less likely to risk their time for something that may not pan out. There is also the fact that lots of people go to college to have a good time, and so will act accordingly, and then when they leave college, many will consider that behaviour a bit 'behind them' or will at least tone it down, which would result in less girls taking a risk on you. And also, perhaps you display behaviour that will seem slightly weird, which may be acceptable at age 17, given your youth, but by age 25 it may have been expected that you would have grown out of that behaviour by then which would reduce female interest, but I do not know you in real life so this point may be moot.

And also shagging in the workplace is kinda frowned upon. Many people don't like to do that because it can lead to big problems down the road.

And also about your grandparents, they lived in a different time to you or I. I'm going to assume your grandparents got married in the 50's/60's perhaps, I am not sure you can make the comparison between dating in their age to modern dating as bluntly as you have done.

my grandma was in her 20s when she married my grandad who was well into his 30s at the time

sorry for the grammar mistake I have had a few bottles of beer tonight :? :-P

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 1:57 pm

Traditionally men pursue and women choose. I think some are still like that. As a women I wait to be pursued personally then ask a man out.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 3:22 pm

When you're 17, there's no expectation that you have a fancy job or a ton of money. And if your parents are doing well financially that will carry you in the perception of girls your age.
But once you're old enough to be in the work force, you're being judged based on your position and net worth.

Last edited by dorkseid on 13 Feb 2021, 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NogginHeadFace
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Feb 2021, 3:29 pm

Jamesy wrote:
NogginHeadFace wrote:

my grandma was in her 20s when she married my grandad who was well into his 30s at the time

sorry for the grammar mistake I have had a few bottles of beer tonight :? :-P

I believe we have a misunderstanding. When I say " I'm going to assume your grandparents got married in the 50's/60's perhaps", I do not mean their 50's/60's (as in their ages), but the decades of the 1950's or the 1960's. And to that point, I was saying that dating was different in that time to how it is in this time.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2021, 4:58 pm

People do from what I see find relationships at various ages.

I am 27 and I think I do ok. But I have chosen to be careful of who I involve myself with closely. Especially romantically.

I think we can always find someone. But sometimes we might not have a ton of offers.

TriPM Score (Taken 05/22/2021):
103 out of 174 points (99th percentile)

ADHD & ASD diagnosis made in childhood.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 5:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Ettina wrote:

What does women not approaching me at work got to do with people preferring partners the same age?

Because younger women are more likely to be single and actively looking.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 7:17 pm

In December 2006 at college closing time this girl in one of my classes approached me and wanted to walk with me to the train station. I think she really liked me and if I wasn’t so picky maybe a friendship could have blossomed then led to romance.

Saw her for the first time in 8 years in 2015 walking with one of her friends in town. She walked past me and but did not stop to talk to me. :(

From what I understand she has been married since 2014.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 7:33 pm

When I was in my teens, boys were considered "dateable" if they played sports and beat up on weaker kids.

When I was in my twenties, the standards included having a steady full-time job and a place of your own.

When I was in my thirties, the standards included having a supervisory job and owning your own home.

When I was in my forties, the standards included having a leadership job and not having a prison record.

When I was in my fifties, the standards included having a retirement plan and not having your children living with you.

Now I am in my sixties, and the standards include having all of your hair and teeth, and not being dependent on oxygen tanks.

Through all of this, being able to afford reliable private transportation and having "money to burn" were definite pluses.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dog1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2021, 12:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:
When I was 17 in college some girls would approach me and want to get involved with me etc....

I remember when I was 25 and had a full time job no women wanted to be involved with me and I was never really approached by women in the workplace etc.....

Has any other guy had the same experiences when transitioning from your late teens to mid twenties?

Hmm - never heard of that.

Men in their 30s date women in their 20s - all the time!

When I was 25 I still looked like I was 18 - and young women wanted to date me all the time.

25 year old men are totally still able to date younger women.

The cut off age for this seems to be 39, according to some studies.

But yeah - at 25 no women should be turning you down “due to age” anyway - because when you’re that young, how are they supposed to know you’re 25 anyway?

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 12:36 pm

Dog1 wrote:

I'll be 39 in May. So I guess I'm officially doomed now.

Dog1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2021, 12:41 pm

dorkseid wrote:
Dog1 wrote:

Not necessarily - that’s why I wanted to know how old your appearance looks, in your other thread. :P

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 12:44 pm

Dog1 wrote:
dorkseid wrote:
Dog1 wrote:

Not necessarily - that’s why I wanted to know how old your appearance looks, in your other thread. :P

People guess I'm younger. But I'm morbidly obese.