Is self-imposed isolation the best solution altruistically?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

nouse
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2021, 10:21 am

I have been thinking about. As I have seen numerous complaints about autistic in a relationship I have become to a conclusion that I should have no right to try it in a first place. Statistics do no support it.

Based on logic we have the following statements.
Premise #1 Autistic can not tell their own adversity in a relationship.
Premise #2 People try to please each other.
Premise #3 We are people.

Therefore logically the right thing to do is to decline from relationships (even from friendships) because otherwise it is just a mean cycle.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 11:41 am

nouse wrote:
Statistics do no support it.

Don't forget that you're far more likely to hear from people struggling in this regard. The ones having less trouble, and there are many, have no reason to post on a forum about it.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2021, 10:07 pm

nouse wrote:
I have been thinking about. As I have seen numerous complaints about autistic in a relationship I have become to a conclusion that I should have no right to try it in a first place. Statistics do no support it.

Based on logic we have the following statements.
Premise #1 Autistic can not tell their own adversity in a relationship.
Premise #2 People try to please each other.
Premise #3 We are people.

Therefore logically the right thing to do is to decline from relationships (even from friendships) because otherwise it is just a mean cycle.

No.

If you personally don't even want any friends in the first place, then it's your right to choose to be alone.

On the other hand, if you do wish you could have some friends, yet feel that you would be unfairly imposing on NT's by trying to make friends with them, then the solution is to try to make friends with other autistic people who share your interests.

Let's face our challenges together, and let's all make the effort to learn how to get along with each other. See Autistic-friendly social skills vs. blending in with NT's.