Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2021, 3:03 am

KT67 wrote:
madbutnotmad wrote:
and eavesdropping

Eavesdropping is unavoidable for aspies when they're in a house with people who speak at the top of their voices.

NTs seem to be able to 'tune it out' but not all of us have that ability.

Now, to use that info against someone when they don't know you have it & weren't talking to you... that's low behaviour.

But eavesdropping in general isn't even really behavior at all, no matter how much NTs pretend it is

People have gotten mad at me for what they have said but hello they were talking on their phones when I was in the room. I did not eaves drop. If they want to have a private talk on their phone, they can go in the janitor closet or something or go out to their car and talk or just tell them they can't talk to them right now while they are at work if it's that private. But I will not ask them what the call was about or what drama they are having because it is none of my business. Like I know one of my co workers has a dysfunctional relationship and is always telling her she is lying to him and she always lies. But of course I won't say anything to him about it because I don't want him to think I was eavsdropping and it's none of my business.

The whole time I just thought people were idiots and were blame shifting.

But people who get mad at you for eavsdropping when they were talking loud and clear while you were in the room are probably the same people who get mad at you for noticing something on their PC monitor because they had no screen saver on and no screen in sleep mode and they had it right there on the screen that is impossible to not notice. Now if I walked up to it and decided to just read what is on it and I am just looking at the screen, now they have a reason to be mad now.

Next thing you know someone is getting mad at you for noticing a shirt they have on when it's right there in front of you.

Makes me wonder if people in general are really blind when they really aren't blind if I am noticing more detail than them without intentionally looking for it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2021, 7:44 am

Heh.
Makes me think of girls with t-shirts with some text or picture right where their boobs are, and who gets angry when men look at it.

/Mats

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2021, 8:18 am

I couldn't think of another word other than ''troll''.

If I have been attacked by a troll, I get really sensitive and when I express how I feel I'm always told ''they're just insecure about themselves so they attack others to make themselves feel better'' or ''they're probably suffering themselves'' or whatever. But I've been diagnosed since I was 8 and I'm still angry and insecure about it but I still don't go around online writing mean comments to other people. It wouldn't make me feel any better about my diagnosis. In fact it would just make me feel even more bad about myself. Also I hate hurting other people's feelings.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2021, 9:56 am

I like to use the word Haters.
I've been told forever that bullies are insecure and have low self esteem and whatnot. I'm not sure what to make of that information.
I am that kind of person, but I never turned into a bully.
So I totally get you.
I think that perhaps ASD people are less likely to turn out that way, be it experience of being bullied or high moral, or high level of empathy, or high inteligence, that some of us have, I don't know.

/Mats

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2021, 12:45 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I couldn't think of another word other than ''troll''.

If I have been attacked by a troll, I get really sensitive and when I express how I feel I'm always told ''they're just insecure about themselves so they attack others to make themselves feel better'' or ''they're probably suffering themselves'' or whatever. But I've been diagnosed since I was 8 and I'm still angry and insecure about it but I still don't go around online writing mean comments to other people. It wouldn't make me feel any better about my diagnosis. In fact it would just make me feel even more bad about myself. Also I hate hurting other people's feelings.

I've seen insecure aspies go around telling them they don't have autism and they are just an NT because of how successful they are compared to them. I have also seen aspies who put other aspies down for their symptoms and get mad at them for their symptoms and make fun of them about it.

And I have seen aspies with TOM issues where they don't seem to understand it's a spectrum so they engage in ableism and punish others on the spectrum for their traits just because they don't have that issue themselves.

There are autistic bullies out there that bullies others on the spectrum for their traits or bully them for being better off than them so they attack their diagnoses.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2021, 6:52 pm

People having a different opinion or are tactful in their comment doesn't count as trolling or is not to be taken personally, in my book.

It's comments that are personal that is what's so hurtful and I would never purposely go insulting people online just to get a kick out of it.