Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 6:06 pm

So, it seems that the makers of the newest Mortal Kombat movie have made a rather controversial choice to leave out series veteran Chun-Li, despite her immense popularity with fans of the Mortal Kombat franchise. This is rather baffling, IMHO.

https://jezebel.com/who-forgot-to-invite-chun-li-to-the-mortal-kombat-1846300631

And in related news, astute journalists suddenly notice that Dr. Spock has yet to make an appearance on The Madalorian.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2021, 11:09 pm

I thought Chun li was in street fighter? But I could be wrong. It's been awhile since I played the game or watched any of the movies.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 11:24 pm

Chun-Li is a Street Fighter character. Is this some kind of a joke, or have they mistaken Chun-Li for Katana, who one of MK's popular female fighters.

I don't think Chun Li has ever decapitated anyone with her fans or made them swell up like a balloon by kissing them. :lol:

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 11:27 pm

I would've thought it was a joke, if the author hadn't added a correction later.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2021, 11:41 pm

dorkseid wrote:
I would've thought it was a joke, if the author hadn't added a correction later.

Oh. Wow. Thats embarrassing. I thought journalists were supposed to fact check things before posting. Guess not.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."