Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 12:58 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Rexi wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:
But it's not socially acceptable to say men are pigs or Pepe is sexist.

Besides, skunks and calicos [female cats] are obviously superior because of their multiple colors. And so is the gay flag.

Some people confuse irreverent humour with being sexist. 8)

[shields up!]

I don't see how it can't be both irreverent humor AND sexism. The two are not mutually exclusive. I daresay if one found sexism to be funny, the two concepts of "funny" and "sexism" would be indistinguishable from each other. No different than bullies who think bullying is funny, so "they're not bullying, they're just joking around!"

Perhaps it's not "other people" who are confused as to what is what...

Some people confuse relevant criticism with baseless attacks. 8)

Bullies have select targets. Not general speech. Bigots do, though.

Then there's irony.
irony
/ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect

The skunk is obsessed with women and old fashioned. It's not acceptable in today's world to say 'I would never do x thing to women' because it implies women are weak and distinguishable from men. Today we must say 'I would never do x to people' or to skunks.

Yeah, I'm definitely a chivalrous dinosaur. :salut: to Pepe. We're a dying kind.

And a salute to you also, Komrad. :salut:

Ball
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Mar 2021, 1:37 am

Pepe wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Rexi wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:
But it's not socially acceptable to say men are pigs or Pepe is sexist.

Besides, skunks and calicos [female cats] are obviously superior because of their multiple colors. And so is the gay flag.

Some people confuse irreverent humour with being sexist. 8)

[shields up!]

I don't see how it can't be both irreverent humor AND sexism. The two are not mutually exclusive. I daresay if one found sexism to be funny, the two concepts of "funny" and "sexism" would be indistinguishable from each other. No different than bullies who think bullying is funny, so "they're not bullying, they're just joking around!"

Perhaps it's not "other people" who are confused as to what is what...

Some people confuse relevant criticism with baseless attacks. 8)

Bullies have select targets. Not general speech. Bigots do, though.

Then there's irony.
irony
/ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect

The skunk is obsessed with women and old fashioned. It's not acceptable in today's world to say 'I would never do x thing to women' because it implies women are weak and distinguishable from men. Today we must say 'I would never do x to people' or to skunks.

Yeah, I'm definitely a chivalrous dinosaur. :salut: to Pepe. We're a dying kind.

And a salute to you also, Komrad. :salut:

*taps plays in the background* :salut: