I HATE My Sister!! I Needed to Vent

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 9:19 pm

I needed help with one of my mail, I made a STUPID mistake by texting my sister for help, she told me she talk to me probably tomorrow. Why is it when she needs something from me, I have to text her right away, I have to stop what I’m doing to text her, but if I want to text her, I have to wait for her, she doesn’t always remember, I think she told me she have bipolar. I don’t trust her too much, but she is good at some things. She in charge of a trust fund that my mom left me, her & my nephew. I have to ask her for some of my money.
I HATE texting her for help, but I had nobody to turn to. I have a few friends in my town, but they don’t understand about my Aspergers, I can be more disabled with my Aspergers then my Cerebral Pasly,if Aspergers make you really disabled, I don’t know. I have one friend that understand a little bit, she have an Autism son, I get along better with her. My other friend helped me alot, but she don’t understand me & that a BIG problem, she already upset me three times, I cried too, once I cried sooo much, I threw up. I wish I can explain to her that I’m not like her & other people here in my town., I wish I can be normal. I wish I can explain things to my sister too, but it is sooo hard to talk to her, I wish things were different between me & her, I always wanted a big sister, she don’t act like a sister, she act like a control freak! And that she in charge of me & I’m her puppet, I HAVE TO DO what she wants me to do. When I moved out of my mom’s house for the second time, I was living with her & my nephew for awhile, it was a NIGHTMARE!! Anyway she did ALOT of damage to me, mentally & emotionally, that was over 5 years ago, I can’t forgive her, I pushed it back in my mind, I don’t want to think about it. We to text like sisters, sometimes, she don’t upset me, I usually text her once a month, we have WEIRD relationship.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 11:54 pm

Hugs.

I don't have any siblings to hate. Wish I was there to help you but I'm on the other side of the continent.

I don't suppose this is anything we can help you with remotely...?

Steffipanda
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2021, 12:28 am

I don't know how to help, but vent all you need I will listen. I am on the west coast but wrong state. I don't always get along with my sister either. If helps to know that.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 11:21 am

Trust me, I know the feeling. I hope you'll get the help you need, either from your sister or from someone else.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 8:50 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
Hugs.

I don't have any siblings to hate. Wish I was there to help you but I'm on the other side of the continent.

No, this has to do with Life Insurance that my mom left me, I got this letter about taxes, I never paid taxes before.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 9:13 pm

Steffipanda wrote:
I don't know how to help, but vent all you need I will listen. I am on the west coast but wrong state. I don't always get along with my sister either. If helps to know that.

Where do you live? Yes, it does help that I’m not alone. She always claim she knows me soooo good, she may know me, cuz we are sisters, we may think alike & do things the same, but she don’t know how badly my Cerebral Pasly & Aspergers effects me.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 9:23 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Hugs.

No, this has to do with Life Insurance that my mom left me, I got this letter about taxes, I never paid taxes before.

What's the form number? Just because you got a copy of a form doesn't necessarily mean you're required to file a tax return.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 11:28 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Hugs.

What's the form number? Just because you got a copy of a form doesn't necessarily mean you're required to file a tax return.

1099-R, I sent my sister a picture of it, she ignored it.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 11:36 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Hugs.

I think it's likely you won't have to file your taxes. Getting that form doesn't automatically require you to as far as I know. Don't stress out about it, but do speak with someone who knows your finances at some point.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 12:55 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Hugs.

I think it's likely you won't have to file your taxes. Getting that form doesn't automatically require you to as far as I know. Don't stress out about it, but do speak with someone who knows your finances at some point.

I have no one, I have my sister, but she is very very hard to talk to.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 1:34 am

Kitty, Do you have a copy of your mother's Will which named your sister as the Trustee?

If you can find the name of the lawyer, you should be able to contact him / her with questions. There's probably something in the Will stating that you are disabled, because that's why your money is in trust. You can ask the lawyer if there are other provisions that you don't know about. For example it will likely say who will be named the Trustee of your money after your sister (if your sister dies, or can't do it anymore). The lawyer themselves might be able to answer questions for you about other people who can assist you with financial decisions or Power of Attorney.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 1:57 am

^ that's a good suggestion.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 8:57 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Kitty, Do you have a copy of your mother's Will which named your sister as the Trustee?

If you can find the name of the lawyer, you should be able to contact him / her with questions. There's probably something in the Will stating that you are disabled, because that's why your money is in trust. You can ask the lawyer if there are other provisions that you don't know about. For example it will likely say who will be named the Trustee of your money after your sister (if your sister dies, or can't do it anymore). The lawyer themselves might be able to answer questions for you about other people who can assist you with financial decisions or Power of Attorney.

I don’t think so, I don’t remember, I saw her death certificate, I was crying, it was too hard to see. I have my birth certificate, I think I hid important papers in my mom’s yearbook or my baby album. One of my aunts is named too in her Will, my mom wanted her (her sister) to help with the money, my aunt knows alot about money, she was in the business with handling money. My sister never asked my aunt for help, she wanted to do everything herself, she is tooooo stubborn, she takes after our dad, I’m stubborn too, but she is worse, I asked her to get help from our aunt, she said no, she didn’t know nothing about money, our aunt was an expert on money. My STUPID sister loss us on thousands of money on taxes. She was dealing with ALOT of things, more than me, she had to deal with our mom’s debt, canceling stuff, still have to pay for the hospitals, dealing with the guy who runs our mom’s preschool (he was a nightmare for her, he was so nasty) she also had to pay house bills, take care of her teenage son who was depressed & out of control, he gotten a bad behavior & skipping school, he ruined her art studio. Another aunt died within a year before our mom’s died, she was my& my sister fave aunt & her best friend.

I always wonder what will happen if my sister dies since my mom died almost 8 years ago.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 9:09 pm

Wills are public documents. Contact the probate court in the county where your mother lived and see whether there is a will on file. Court clerks should be able to track wills by date of death and name.

(From google) ^

I've had to search public records years ago, in a courthouse. It sounds confusing, but the people who work there are usually very helpful. I think that during Covid it might be even easier. You might be able to view the document online.

You have a right to know who the lawyer was. You aren't trying to fight or change anything, but you deserve to have someone you can talk to if your sister isn't helpful.

You might also want to have your doctor or Social Worker / Case Worker assist you in this matter.

I'm sorry it's so tough. You shouldn't be left to deal with this on your own.

I can't remember, but is your father alive? Would he be of any help?