The new information on Malcolm X's assassination.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 8:19 pm

So this cop came forth with a letter, confession to the crime a few days ago:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/for ... V_OedCwVzE

But what I don't understand about his letter, is that he says he helped frame an innocent person for the murder, Thomas Johnson. But what I don't understand is, when I read the story of the assassination Johnson was identified as one of the murderers by witnesses who attended the event. So how were other people able to frame Johnson for it, if witnesses saw him do it?

Was every witness in on it then who attended there, and was part of the framing then? Or did anyone witnesses contest each other and say 'no that is not the guy, it was this guy', etc? What do you think, out of curiosity?

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 8:39 pm

At that time,Malcolm X was one of the most hated and feared people in America.
J. Edgar Hoover absolutely loathed him.
There have ALWAYS been suspicions and rumors regarding his murder.
I would like a solution, an answer, in my lifetime.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 8:42 pm

Ja'Han Jones wrote:
A letter shared by the family of a deceased former New York police officer alleges that the officer, the New York City Police Department and the FBI played a role in the murder of the powerful civil rights leader Malcolm X.

Ray Wood, a former undercover police officer, wrote in a newly released confession letter that the NYPD and FBI worked with him to make sure the two men in charge of Malcolm X’s security detail were arrested in the days before the speech.
All we have is a letter allegedly written by a man who is now dead, and who cannot be cross-examined.

Is there any material evidence to support this alleged "confession"?

Are there any other alleged "witnesses" whose own testimonies could corroborate this alleged "confession"?

Or is this an act of revenge from the grave against the deceased's former employers for something they did to the deceased while he was still alive and in their employ?

We may never know for certain.  We may never know at all.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 8:50 pm

I never did understand why he was assasinated publicly.
Perhaps because the actual founder of the cult/religious/political group mysteriously vanished; no explanation, no body ever found.
Someone wanted Malcolm X dead; publicly, probably, undeniably.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 9:14 pm

Well I just wonder, in order to frame the one man, the courts and police would have had to pressure the witnesses into all identifying the same person. Wouldn't this have been very difficult to pull off?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 9:20 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well I just wonder, in order to frame the one man, the courts and police would have had to pressure the witnesses into all identifying the same person. Wouldn't this have been very difficult to pull off?
Yes, it would have required a conspiracy ... in theory, anyway.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 12:42 am

Well he also said he wanted to wait until after he was dead before the letter got out because he was afraid if he talked about while he was alive, his children would be in danger. But if they wanted to come after his children out of revenge, wouldn't they do that anyway, if he was alive or dead, if it they would want revenge?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 1:11 pm

The pity—is that Malcolm X changed his racist views the last year of his life.

He and Martin Luther King would have made a formidable dual....

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 1:57 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well he also said he wanted to wait until after he was dead before the letter got out because he was afraid if he talked about while he was alive, his children would be in danger. But if they wanted to come after his children out of revenge, wouldn't they do that anyway, if he was alive or dead, if it they would want revenge?

The point of going after someone's children as a revenge option is to cause mental anguish over losing one's children. You can't feel bad about losing someone close to you if you are dead.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 3:37 pm

But what if the people who would want revenge believed in the afterlife and believe they could still cause you anguish, after you are dead? Isn't that a possibility, when it comes to choosing whether to come forth after you are dead or not?

Plus even if he came forward while he was still alive, I find the whole revenge thing far fetched. If someone accuses you of a crime, your best bet is to play innocent, and not go after the accusers children because then you are just setting yourself up to look more guilty then, aren't you?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 6:22 am

I think Malcolm X and MLK both had one thing in common, they encouraged black Americans to be economically self-sufficient. Curious coincidence how they were assassinated a few years apart.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 8:50 pm

An NYPD cop allegedly confessed to aiding in Malcolm X’s assassination. His daughter says his letter is fake.

Quote:
A letter purporting to contain a New York police officer’s deathbed confession about his involvement in the assassination of Malcolm X is a fake, the officer’s daughter said Friday, adding another wrinkle to decades-long investigations into the civil rights leader’s killing.

In an interview with NY1, Kelly Wood said there was no way her father, Raymond A. Wood, wrote the letter, in which he purportedly admitted to helping arrest members of Malcolm X’s security team days before the 1965 assassination.

“My father is not a coward. He would have never ever asked anybody to speak on his behalf after his passing,” she said. “If he had something to say, he would have said it when he was alive. I’m certain of that.”

Kelly Wood said it would have been out of character for her father to keep critical information about Malcolm X’s death hidden for all those years. “If he was involved in any way,” she said, “he would have spoken up earlier.” While she believed Reggie Wood may have been sincerely trying to assist Malcolm X’s family, she told NY1, “hurting my father’s reputation is not the way to do it.”

In her interview with NY1, Kelly Wood said she was disappointed with the decision to release the letter. She claimed that the signature was forged and that an envelope used to justify its authenticity was “a fake.”

She also disputed allegations that her father was at the ballroom when Malcolm X was murdered. She noted that he had already been identified by news media as the undercover detective who handled the Statue of Liberty bombing case days before Malcolm X’s assassination and was a key witness in convicting the suspects.

“They were not going to run the risk of having him there,” she said.

Kelly Wood said that she empathized with Malcolm X’s daughters, who have long pressed prosecutors to reexamine the evidence related to their father’s murder.

“My heart goes out to you, and I’m so sorry because I know firsthand what it feels like when you want just answers, you want to find out exactly what happened,” she said.

But she called on the family to “find another way to get the answers that you need and the closure that you need.”

“I support you 100 percent,” she said, “but on this, with my father, I cannot.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 8:54 pm

A popular conspiracy theory is that JFK, Robert Kennedy, MLK and Malcolm X were hit by manchurian candidates primed by the CIA because they were loosening the bonds of racial segregation too quickly.

Hard to prove though.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 1:53 pm

MLK and Malcolm X, perhaps, definitely.
The Kennedys?
Much more than just one major change that they were working on.
JFK had Castro mad at him, Kruschev mad at him, Hoffa mad at him,J.Edgar Hoover mad at him, LBJ resented homand many, many Americans were very angry about having a Roman Catholic in the White House.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 2:07 pm

So now we have a counter-accusation that puts the alleged authenticity of the letter in dispute.

I imagine a hundred years from now, people will still be arguing about this as much a people still argue about the Lincoln assassination today.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 2:32 pm

Arguably the first American victim of "Arab terrorism" was Bobby Kennedy. Though not of "Islamic Terrorism" because RFK's assassin was one of the large minority of Palestinians who are not Muslim, but Christian.

I am skeptical of conspiracy theories about Sixties assassinations. But there is one thing about Sirhan Sirhan I just don't understand.

His alleged motive for killing RFK was because exactly once RFK voted to do something to help Israel (give them fifty jets).

Why single out RFK?

Everyone of the many candidates from both parties in the 1968 Presidential Race supported Israel. And every American POTUS since the founding of Israel supported Israel. So why single out RFK for that? Seems fishy to me as a motive even for a sanity impaired person. If you think about it it feels as if Sirhan was groomed to kill RFK by some group for some other reason, and then someone combed through RFK's record to find something to pin on RFK that Sirhan could use as a plausible fictional motive, and they found that one piece of legislature. A crazy Arab could have found innummurable things that other American pols did to help Israel to get angry about.