Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 1:46 am

I was reading through the Principa Discordia forums and besides realizing it was half dead, I noticed something that made me a bit sad. People were going back and forth about Orange Man this Orange Man that. Now don't get me wrong I get that Trump was not the best president and deserves criticism. However it seems something that used to transcend culture has not succumbed to it. Same for Craigslist, Loompanics, technology, and the internet in general. It seems like outside torrenting and a few other aspects of the internet. the culture has engulfed the internet. Instead of using the internet to shape the Zietgeist, now the culture controls the internet. I am kind of sad about this and would like your thought on how it seems like the internet and cyberculture has been placed on the alter of culture.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 11:51 am

Its not real clear what exactly it is...that you're complaining about.

Folks talk about what folks wanna talk about...face to face in real offline life, and they do that online. Often about the same things.

you're hoping and wishing that the internet would somehow be a force that changes that, and changes that in some direction that you like.

Well... I guess you wont get your wish. The internet is not changing things, or ot is changing things but in some direction that you dont like. So...you will hafta live with that.

But if you're saying that internet doesnt effect things you are wrong. Both information and misinformation move much faster than without it. You wouldnt have the conspiracy theories, and as much whackiness (like Flat Earthism) absent the Web.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

03 Mar 2021, 4:18 pm

That change may be positive, people should talk and fight about the important things like politics and religion. We are told to never talk about it because we get mad, but it's important to.

Obviously it can be displeasing such as the covid news, it's ongoing and not that new, hysterya people have a hard time and can be affected by such news for exple more than the usual person, and sometimes people just want to relax and when their relaxation sources are no longer available they may feel stuck. But there are always ways to find entertainment.

But it's understandable you are grieving and dissatisfied\disappointed with it.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 4:33 pm

zacb wrote:
I was reading through the Principa Discordia forums and besides realizing it was half dead, I noticed something that made me a bit sad. People were going back and forth about Orange Man this Orange Man that. Now don't get me wrong I get that Trump was not the best president and deserves criticism. However it seems something that used to transcend culture has not succumbed to it. Same for Craigslist, Loompanics, technology, and the internet in general. It seems like outside torrenting and a few other aspects of the internet. the culture has engulfed the internet. Instead of using the internet to shape the Zietgeist, now the culture controls the internet. I am kind of sad about this and would like your thought on how it seems like the internet and cyberculture has been placed on the alter of culture.

From my perspective, I see it as the woke left is controlling the internet.
facebook, twitter and youtude all seem to have a left-leaning bias.