Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 9:52 am

Donald Trump Buddha Statues Are Being Sold Across China

Source:  This Newsweek Article 

This is more like it:

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 9:55 am

What the....???

:roll:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 10:36 am

I know that probably nobody will object to the above post of Trump as a toilet brush , probably some will object to my objection, but here I am, objecting, nevertheless. Why? Because it is extremely offensive to a minority group here who may be right wing, and in a sense this is telling them it is okay to mock them and who they believe in. Very, very bad taste. Doesn't anybody want to heal the rift of intolerance? Trump has gone, there is no need to perpetuate the political rift here any more. This post may "fit" the rules but it is still unsuitable.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 10:40 am

Teach51 wrote:
In my view, the whole point of a support forum is for people to have the absolute freedom to be themselves, the legitimacy to express exactly how they feel without fear of being invalidated or criticized, or have their posts "amended", "corrected" by someone else who feels they have a higher understanding of what the other person wants or means to say...
If you have a beef with the images or the article from which they came, then take it up with Newsweek.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

12 Mar 2021, 10:46 am

Oh boy would I enjoy having the same hair style as that toilet brush!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 10:48 am

OutsideView wrote:
Oh boy would I enjoy having the same hair style as that toilet brush!
It would certainly look better than the original "Dead Squirrel" hairdo sported by the Demander-In-Chief!

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 10:50 am

Trump has elevated our thinking with famous quotes like ... :D :D

Be the hero of your life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 10:54 am

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 10:56 am

Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
In my view, the whole point of a support forum is for people to have the absolute freedom to be themselves, the legitimacy to express exactly how they feel without fear of being invalidated or criticized, or have their posts "amended", "corrected" by someone else who feels they have a higher understanding of what the other person wants or means to say...
If you have a beef with the images or the article from which they came, then take it up with Newsweek.

Some people's victimhood knows no bounds.

Hence, why I retired from moderating.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 10:58 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Some people's victimhood knows no bounds.  Hence, why I retired from moderating.
I see what you mean ... still, I wish you would return to moderating.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 11:40 am

Teach51 wrote:
I know that probably nobody will object to the above post of Trump as a toilet brush , probably some will object to my objection, but here I am, objecting, nevertheless. Why? Because it is extremely offensive to a minority group here who may be right wing, and in a sense this is telling them it is okay to mock them and who they believe in. Very, very bad taste. Doesn't anybody want to heal the rift of intolerance? Trump has gone, there is no need to perpetuate the political rift here any more. This post may "fit" the rules but it is still unsuitable.

Wrong.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 12:28 pm

Teach51 wrote:

If people seriously can't stand him being criticized, guess what, plenty of things I like get criticized and I don't think they are attacking me, only the TV show or film or person I like. Really?

Even Biden gets criticized and guess what? That don't bother me because I am not Biden. They are only attacking the public figure and critizing him because they are entitled to their opinion. I don't act like I am the one being attacked here when they do it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 12:30 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:

Some people's victimhood knows no bounds.

Hence, why I retired from moderating.

You seem to be one of the few mods that actually stick around because lot of them have retired and left the forum which I always found a shame.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Mar 2021, 12:43 pm

I think the topic has been settled.
Official WP rules allow attacks on public figures but not attacks on WP members.
It's up to every member contributing to PPR to learn not to cross that subtle boundary - neither by attacking persons instead of opinions nor by reacting to disagreement as if it was a personal attack.
The Haven - with its updated rules - is the place where disagreement is not welcome. We're doing our best to keep PPR within PPR rules and The Haven within The Haven rules.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 1:26 pm

And you're doing a great job, Mags.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 1:35 pm

Well, according to the Lotus Sutra in Mahayana Buddhism, Devadatta (a man who tried to kill Buddha) would eventually attain Buddhahood himself.

So if the Buddhist equivalent of Judas Iscariot in Christianity can achieve Buddhahood, then we must at the very least contemplate the *possibility* - however unlikely it seems - that Donald Trump too can achieve Buddhahood.

Trump will of course likely have to reincarnate and be reborn as progressively more advanced beings first... I'm not sure at which stage he will become a toilet brush, though... perhaps after 4,197 reincarnations?