Breaking down crying at work

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 2:36 pm

I just broke down and cried at work. The pain of loneliness and disappointment is too much for me. I want a girlfriend so much but the odds are stacked heavily against me. :cry:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 2:44 pm

That's ok. It also sounds like you want a life and you are frustrated

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 3:14 pm

Sorry to hear Mark. Hugs. Hang in there ...

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 3:26 pm

If I could, I would make one for you. Do not dispair. They do exist.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Mar 2021, 3:32 pm

You had an off day but you seem much stronger than a few months back. You deserve the happiness which comes from someone who loves you as a lover, rather than just a friend or acquaintance. Say to yourself "I will find love this year". It worked for me, and I believe it can for you.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 4:00 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. Even if you don't get a girlfriend, you still have other good things in your life that you can focus on. It's not all bad, promise.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 8:50 pm

Thank you to those who replied! I also return Juliette’s hug! *hugs sweet Juliette*

I hope the postponement is just a set back and not a foreshadowing of failure.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 9:05 pm

I’m sorry you felt so bad, Mark.

I’m sorry there aren’t more speed-dating events in your area.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 9:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m sorry you felt so bad, Mark.

I’m sorry there aren’t more speed-dating events in your area.

Thank you.

I often wish I was born elsewhere.

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Mar 2021, 10:13 pm

I feel you, I've never had a girlfriend and I usually try to avoid romantic movies because it just makes me feel bad that I have no one to be with. It's a tough situation for me too because I have agoraphobia, it's extremely difficult for me to leave the house most of the time. I had actually made an online friend through someone else I knew and was friends with, she was his girlfriend. They went through a really rough patch and she confided in me and I thought we had started a sort of bond, as we had really similar interests and we both listened to the same bands and everything...we would listen to her Spotify, just while she was studying, and we would just type back and forth. I thought I had really found someone. I just really helped her when they broke up, and at one point she said she loves me in a platonic way. Few days later, switch completely flips and she's talking to him again, never told me that she had begun to talk to him again, and a huge part of it was he wouldn't communicate with either of us. Immediately defensive, rude and telling me that I have no part in their relationship. So I wrote her a sincere goodbye and blocked all communication. That was a tough thing to do. She made me happy, even though we were just typing back and forth on discord about various stuff. I hope she's doing alright.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Mar 2021, 11:20 pm

I'm sorry you had such an unfortunate encounter with her ex, Blue -you sound like someone truly compassionate that a girl would be lucky to find should they give you a chance to be more than just someone whose shoulder they want to lean on.

my blog:

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 11:28 pm

I’ve actually lost female friends because their boyfriends would disallow them having male friendships. It’s so backwards. On another forum, I’ve seen a man say he never talks to any woman besides his wife because he applied the ‘Pence rule’ to himself. More backwards logic.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Mar 2021, 12:05 am

Yes, I think it often works the other way as well - women who are so possessive they won't let their boyfriends chat with any other women. And these alpha type males are simply possessive too, not believing their girls can have any innocent motives in talking to other guys whom they see as competition.

Not all are like that. Guess it depends on character type etc and how secure folk feel in their relationship. If its solid they shouldn't exhibit a lack of trust.

my blog:

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 12:23 am

My sister in-law actually doesn’t like it when my younger brother plays the Final Fantasy VII Remake due to Tifa’s bust size despite how she’s a fictional character. She also got annoyed when we ate somewhere and a Greek lady who was scantily clad was doing the raqs sharqi. She wanted us to hurry up on eating and then leave before she got to our table.

It does happen both ways. My only female friend I know in person fortunately doesn’t have an overprotective husband.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 10:02 am

People cry, pretty normal. Different reason, but I’ve cried every day since the beginning of September. (Lots of people died, but the loss of One particular friend makes me cry.)

envirozentinel wrote:
You had an off day but you seem much stronger than a few months back. You deserve the happiness which comes from someone who loves you as a lover, rather than just a friend or acquaintance. Say to yourself "I will find love this year." It worked for me, and I believe it can for you.

No, IMO. My edit would be “I will attract love this year.” You can’t just go turning over rocks until you find love. You have to attract it. Make yourself ever more attractive until you’re attracting potential partners. There’s a reason ~everyone who’s single or newly single works on themselves to attract a partner.

Diet, exercise, attitude, mental health, wardrobe/style/aesthetics, career, skills, finances etc etc - people improve themselves in order to improve their chances at attracting love.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 6:35 pm

I'm sorry you experienced this, Brother Marknis.

Many people here on Wrong Planet have high hopes that you will find happiness soon.