Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

McGinnity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2021, 10:01 pm

Hi. My name is Michael. Call me whatever you want to. I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was a baby. I'm thirty-two as of now, and have been feeling more of place than usual lately. I remembered this site, which I've tried once before to disastrous results due to a stalker on here, but I'm giving this site another go. I am big into anime, music, and reading/writing.
As of now, I feel disconnected, as if I don't belong where I am. Even those I care about and want to spend time with has its moments where there's some sort of sign that they're constantly trying to figure me out, like they don't know what to say or I confuse them or something. Maybe I can relate to people more on here.
Send me a message or reply to this topic if you're up to chatting about anything at all. I'll reply within a day or so, because sleep and work and spending time with family is a thing, as well as anime and writing and such.
...This post is a mess. Sorry all. I should be sleeping right now, but my mind wants to keep me up again. I'm off to bed. Hope to talk with you soon.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 10:06 pm

Welcome.

Do you know that for over a year I had a manager in a store who kept trying to "Work me out" because he could not figure out how I think? This was about 20 years ago. Is only recently that I have known what autism is (I am not assessed yet).
Then one day he came up and said "I've cracked it. You're autistic!" I said "No" as I did not know I could be. Also I did not understand what autism was until a few years ago, hence why I said "No".

McGinnity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2021, 6:28 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Welcome.

Do you know that for over a year I had a manager in a store who kept trying to "Work me out" because he could not figure out how I think? This was about 20 years ago. Is only recently that I have known what autism is (I am not assessed yet).
Then one day he came up and said "I've cracked it. You're autistic!" I said "No" as I did not know I could be. Also I did not understand what autism was until a few years ago, hence why I said "No".

Similar with me. My family knew it was smart to let me know from an early age that I'm adopted, but never thought it was needed to tell me that I'm autistic. It was around eight and a half years back when it came up. Before then I just thought I was broken without a name to connect my differences to.
I'm very open with my autism, as well as most other things about me. The less stigma there is with things the more honest everyone can be with one another.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 7:06 am

Iron Joe McGinnity had the record for the most consecutive baseball games played before Lou Gehrig.

Welcome, Michael!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 7:20 am

Welcome back!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 9:05 am

Welcome (back) to WP! I think you will find some nice people here (this time)!

I hope WP provides pleasant diversions for you.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 1:48 pm

Hello and welcome.

McGinnity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2021, 4:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Iron Joe McGinnity had the record for the most consecutive baseball games played before Lou Gehrig.

Welcome, Michael!

Thanks, and he's my father's, father's, father's, brother's, son, according to my father, also known as my father's first cousin :).
Out of curiosity, do you know a lot of fun facts about things, or is it mostly baseball related? I can give you some interesting trivia, like Astro Boy being the first dubbed anime in the U.S., or how Nintendo used to have a hotel and sell cards, among other things, before making video games.

McGinnity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2021, 4:39 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Welcome back!

Thank you :). It will take some time and effort, but I plan on finding my way to good people through here.

McGinnity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2021, 4:40 pm

Double Retired wrote:

Thanks :). I know it would have the first time around, but literally the first day the stalker found me and it got weird real fast. I'm a bit smarter these days. It took a long time for me to learn how to be smart about things online.

McGinnity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2021, 4:40 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you :). Here's hoping for something good to come out of all this.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 4:42 pm

Hi and a very warm welcome McGinnity :).

McGinnity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2021, 5:23 pm

Juliette wrote:
Hi and a very warm welcome McGinnity :).

Thank you :). Here's hoping for good things on here.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 5:42 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :D

McGinnity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2021, 6:05 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :D

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 9:18 pm

McGinnity wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

Thanks :). I know it would have the first time around, but literally the first day the stalker found me and it got weird real fast. I'm a bit smarter these days. It took a long time for me to learn how to be smart about things online.
I'm not suggesting you won't stumble across some w e i r d. 8O Hopefully it will be fun, entertaining weird, however! :roll: