Anyone else picture themselves as a "think tank"?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Rawto
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Apr 2021, 2:08 pm

Perhaps that title comes off as a bit pretentious, but I can't seem to come up with a more reasonable word to describe it.

I'm gonna try to break it down. I see the outside world and my internal world as two seperate things, with me on the inside peeking out. If you've ever heard the phrase "your best friend is you", it's very similar. I have debates with myself on subjects like morals, political policies, and my interests, just to name a few. I can spend several hours just having these talks and not get bored. It's helped me immensely with how I form my opinions on the real world and seems to have also had a positive effect on my social skills.
Just to clear anything up, I don't necessarily bring this topic up to my friends and family. All I end up spewing out is the results of these internal discussions, and I rarely say anything on the spot as soon as it pops into my head. It's a bit odd, but I'm somewhat proud to have it. NTs likely have something similar too, but it's much less pronounced. In my case, I'm certain it's just years of isolation and being "dreamy-eyed" that's contributed to it.
Do you experience anything similar?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 2:12 pm

I more or less do this with technology for a living, I'd say it's a more common perspective than you might think, although it's not always characterized this way.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 12:02 am

I'm not. Even if someone else thought otherwise.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 5:35 am

Depends .. if it's of interest and severity. I think a think tank is someone who has excellent general knowledge.