Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 10:33 am

My dad said he didn't get how I got twitter. He said he tried it and couldn't get his head around it.

So I searched his name because of course he uses his name. He uses our surname then his name like he was Japanese or something.

He has one follower.

Is following 79 people who are all famous people.

Tweets by talking to them without @ing them. Doesn't get responses because Brian Cox or whoever isn't interested in looking through his tweets.

Has an awful profile picture. He's an attractive enough although short man. His profile picture makes him look absolutely dwarfed.

So I told him my strategies. I have 500+ followers. Not that it's a number's game but... I do fairly well out of it.

Now he isn't responding.

I didn't say 'don't do this this is awful' I just said what I do and how I try to appeal to my followers. I didn't even mention his account.

I don't understand why he asked for advice if he's going to sulk after being given some.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 10:46 am

I think he'll think about it a little bit, and come around.....

I'm a short man myself.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 11:37 am

Yeah nothing wrong with being short.

But unless someone is deliberately doing it to look small a massive landscape isn't a best idea for anyone even tall people. And if someone's insecure about his height it will make him feel worse.

For example your profile picture on here is what most 'selfies' I see look like. Face then a bit of an idea about what the person would wear, less background. You look friendly.

My profile picture on there is just Celtic Park. I only take selfies in football shirts or similar cos the point of that profile is to talk football. I only take ones which are like yours rather than like his: I don't see the point of full body ones as they draw attention away from the face.

He's an artist so this stuff should be second nature to him. It's the same with portraiture: the less you draw, the more detail you see of the face.