I'm starting to think some Trump supporters are mentally ill

Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 6:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
... The view of Trump as a messiah is an obvious delusion to most but to some of his supporters it's both a fact and an obsession. It's difficult to have worthwhile dialogue with people who are suffering delusions.
If you think it is bad now, just wait until El Trumpo passes on to that big cheeseburger in the sky.

His devotees will likely go ape-shirt with prophesies regarding his alleged return.

America will soon have her own King In The Mountain.

And he will return anytime the cheeseburger is threatened!

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 6:20 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When more that two-thirds of the people involved in the January 6th coup attempt to overturn the results of a fair and legal election and keep Trump in the White House confess to some form of mental illness, that tells me that there is no valid reason for me to even consider the opinions of any Trump supporter as valid.  68% of 74,000,000 is 50,320,000, by the way...
To be fair, the ones who actually showed up might be nuttier than the average supporter, to play Satan's barrister.
I'll accept that, especially when the mean percentage of known mental illness among the general population is somewhere around 18% (from the same article I cited above).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 6:24 pm

I don't have enough time to give my full analysis for everything OP said, but I hope I could sum it short.

• Believe this or not, not everyone voted or supported Donald Trump of his presidency because they were "blindly worshipping" him and even many don't necessarily like the guy as a person that much. Why do you either need to completely love or completely hate Trump?
  • To suggest that a single candidate or politician's following has to do with a kind of collective mental illness is pretty absurd.
  • Being on the spectrum doesn't mean anybody should or should not support a certain election candidate.

I rest my case here.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 6:30 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I don't have enough time to give my full analysis for everything OP said, but I hope I could sum it short.

• Believe this or not, not everyone voted or supported Donald Trump of his presidency because they were "blindly worshipping" him and even many don't necessarily like the guy as a person that much. Why do you either need to completely love or completely hate Trump?
  • To suggest that a single candidate or politician's following has to do with a kind of collective mental illness is pretty absurd.
  • Being on the spectrum doesn't mean anybody should or should not support a certain election candidate.

I rest my case here.

Since when did some start to mean all? :scratch:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2021, 7:15 pm

Being irrational and gullible is a human trait unfortunately. Most people’s brains are evolved to be followers, not thinkers. The fact that a lot of people are easy to brainwash and control explains a lot of weird s**t you have with ancient civilizations... like people willingly building gigantic tombs for leaders they worship as gods... even human sacrifices. I think fear of deprivation tied with change brings this ancient darkness to the surface.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2021, 7:35 pm

NightMuse wrote:
Apparently you've forgotten everything said about Trump by liberals when he was in office. Remember the picture of the comedienne holding a picture of what appeared to be Trump's severed head? And I can't tell you how many liberals called for his assassination out loud, in public. Yet you want to say Trump supporters are mentally ill?

People don’t like obvious dark-triad personalities in power. People were scared of him. Its like you punch people in the face and then act surprised when they hit back. Its like you have zero empathy.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2021, 7:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Some like 5% or some like 55%?
"Some" like 68%.

In court records of people arrested in the wake of the Jan. 6 coup attempt on the Capital building in Washington D.C., 68% reported they had received mental health diagnoses (i.e., addictions, anxiety, bipolar disorders, depression, Munchausen syndrome by proxy, paranoid schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder, et cetera).

Source:
 This Marketwatch Article .

It would seem that our former Narcissist-In-Chief is not the only one who is "Reality-Challenged"!

:lol:

Depression and anxiety do not cause people believe stupid conspiracy theories. Paranoid schizophrenia, yes, but I doubt that many of these people were schizophrenic.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 9:18 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
74 million people voted for him, millions more support him.

Maybe .. possibly .. there is 1 mentally ill individual in that group.

You're using the same argument apologists from religions or groups that have higher rates of criminal or sordid behavior use to absolve any pathologization or indictment, which is hiding behind the large number of a group to say that its only a random anomaly explainable only by basic probability and large sample size rather than something inherent in the group that would create such noticeably pathologic behavior. Catholics do the same thing when trying to brush the massive pedophile and rape scandal under rug, blacks when they try to ignore the massive homicide rate in the black community, and Muslims when they try to mitigate the extent of the issue of honor killings in Muslim society.

I've seen the craziest Hillary/Biden supporters have to offer and the craziest the Trump supporters have to offer and its no contest the group with the more conspicuous crazies would have to be the Trump supporter bad apples.

Master Oogway

salad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 9:20 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

I rest my case here.

You rest nothing here because even a cursory glance through my post would suggest everything you stated was completely not even relevant since never once did I imply any of the straw mans you tried to refute

Master Oogway

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 11:58 am

'The Means'

Ahem... Surprised to See 'Some Folks' 'Here' Extrapolating The Extreme
(Mentally Ill As Diagnosed) Element of Trump Supporters
Who Invaded the White House for An Insurrection As

Obviously Believing That Was Gonna

Succeed And Actually Going Through

It is Not What 'The Average Trump

Voter' Will Do; In Fact

Obviously As A Group

They Are Less Likely to Come

Together In The Street And Protest

At Least if they Are Conservative as

That Doesn't Take Much Brain Power

to Figure Out; Only

Common Sense

Per the Human Animal

And The Rest of the Animal Kingdom

Where Science Assesses About 20 Percent

Are Sitters and 80 Percent Are Rovers; Go Figure,

There Are More Sails than Anchors to Keep A Boat Afloat...

Okay, Give Me a Break, the Q-Anon Theories Are No More Rational

Than Believing A 40 Year-Old Story A 'Zillion Rounds' Around A Round Table

As Original Oral Traditional Myth As Transferred to A Book of Myths Revised 1400 Years of so

Later Is Literally True That A Little Brown Dude Crucified on A Cross Came Back to Life As The God

Of the Universe (All Loving Forgiving) And Will Burn 'You' Forever As A Metaphor of A Goat Transformed

From A Sheep If You Don't

Feed the Homeless

Person on the Street
And Give Him Your

Shirt For His Naked Skin

If He Minds Being Naked At All On the Street;
Ahem, It's Worth Noting Still That Billions of

People in the World Believe This Myth Is Literally

True; No Different than the Frigging Q-Anon Non-Sense;

And A Majority of Americans Still Do Who are Not Diagnosed

With Mental Illness, Yet Are Born With the Human Condition that

Science Shows is Far From Objectively Rational As Neuroscience

Shows We Basically Hallucinate Our Realities Based on Hallucinations

Our Minds Create Before As What We 'Metaphor' As Reality of Our Experience Now....

The Q-Anon Conspiracy Theories Are

No Less Mythical And Non-Sensical

Than The Jesus Resurrection Story

And True There is A Correlation

of Those Who Believe Both

Non-Sensical Irrational Stories;

Yet There is the Rest of the Majority

of the United States; 68 Percent As Assessed

By Harris Poll, Still Believing A Myth is Literally

True And Sadly Missing A Whole Dam Message

That the Myth Provides That Indeed in This Life

Human Beings Will Transform From the Living Dead

Back Into The Eyes of A Child Who Plays Free Instead of Playing Dead....

It's Worth Noting That only About 5 Percent of the Last Renaissance

Were Actually Involved in 'That Enlightening' Way of Life Not

Much has changed

Even among

Those

Who Insist

They are Rational

And Are Led around

Most by Emotions of

Fear And Aggression

And One-upmanship

To Finally 'Be Someone'...

Like It's Not Enough to Become

All One Nature Truly Worthy of a Name Greater than God...

Yet We aRe Getting into 'Newer Renaissance Territory' Now;

Not everyone is even willing to Come.... Again.... For Real Now;

Surely Not The 68 Percent; Perhaps Part of the More 'Rational 17 Percent'

Yet Ironically, There is 'Real Chaos Magic' As Metaphor As After All Quantum

Mechanics Shows That Time, Distance, Space, And Even Matter

Is Illusion

And Reality

Human Minds

Create As 'Real

Chaos Magic'; It's

All Magic And A Miracle

We Create; It's Kinda Sad

That Folks Stick to Old Dusty

Stories And Don't Become 'The

Author They Wanna Read Most As Least' (All)...

i Don't Expect Anyone to Understand This Story

As By Very Nature Every Word is Metaphor

And Myth; Only an Approximation of

Our Realities We Create Through

The Stories We Symbol

Our Best Mutually

And Consensually to Understand

Through All the Stories We Art Now

That We Even Provide an Illusion Of Order Of Reality As 'Science' too...

What We Feel and Sense Now Is Most Real, Yet It Makes Folks Feel

Good to Believe Myths are Literally True So They DO... NOW

The 'Realest Part'; 'The Truth' is How We Feel and Sense Life

Now; No Matter 'What Clothes We Wear' to Feel and Sense Now...

Meh, Labels Societies Create to Determine Who Is Included And

Who Is Excluded From Whatever 'Group Think' Says is "Normal"

Hint:

None

Of It's Normal

And Most Of What

Is Determined Normal

Is Truly Insanity As Folks

Worship Pain More than Pleasure...

Like Kneeling in Front of a Little Brown

Man Hanging on A Cross Suffering Changed Into Someone Who Looks

Like the Painting Leonardo DaVinci Recorded As HiS Own Style of Look in a "Last Supper"...

"Last Supper"...

Read 'That'

Again Until

Ya Understand

What 'They' Are Still Eating...

And Relate It to 'The Twilight

Zone' Show About What the

Cook Book 'To Serve Man' Really Is;

A Book With A Page That Says go no further Be Dead Living...

Anchors And Sails; Anchors And Sails; 'The Dead' Raise the Living Boats...

'The End'

https://theharrispoll.com/the-harris-poll-makes-headlines-with-its-november-2013-survey-on-americas-belief-in-god-results-of-this-study-are-featured-in-united-press-international-u-s-news-world-report-and-more/

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 2:57 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

I rest my case here.

Since when did some start to mean all? :scratch:

I correct myself, I realized the OP clearly said "some" and not all.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 4:04 pm

NoClearMind53 wrote:
Being irrational and gullible is a human trait unfortunately. Most people’s brains are evolved to be followers, not thinkers. The fact that a lot of people are easy to brainwash and control explains a lot of weird s**t you have with ancient civilizations... like people willingly building gigantic tombs for leaders they worship as gods... even human sacrifices. I think fear of deprivation tied with change brings this ancient darkness to the surface.
Not to worry, King Trumpankhamen was removed as Pharoah before the other nine plagues could hit.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 8:03 pm

Dear OP,
I recommend two books by Peter Pomerantsev:
"Nothing is true and everything is possible"- about his time as a journalist in Russia in the early 2000s, in which he recounts the reality-distorting media landscape in Putin'Russia and the effect it has on people and politics.
And
"This is not propaganda"-
About how propaganda worked during his father's life in the soviet union, compared to how online information warfare works today.

You have to understand that the Teump supporters you're talking about all fell into some rabbit hole because the reality they perceived every day did not line up with the reality the majority of the media portrayed.
The main problem is that "the mainstream media" really are peddling falsehoods.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 12:58 am

shlaifu wrote:
Dear OP,
I recommend two books by Peter Pomerantsev:
"Nothing is true and everything is possible"- about his time as a journalist in Russia in the early 2000s, in which he recounts the reality-distorting media landscape in Putin'Russia and the effect it has on people and politics.
And
"This is not propaganda"-
About how propaganda worked during his father's life in the soviet union, compared to how online information warfare works today.

You have to understand that the Teump supporters you're talking about all fell into some rabbit hole because the reality they perceived every day did not line up with the reality the majority of the media portrayed.
The main problem is that "the mainstream media" really are peddling falsehoods.

I dont deny that the mainstream media is peddling falsehoods, in fact im the 1st one to admit to it. However the Trump media peddles 1000 times the falsehood I ever saw from the mainstream media. Breitbart, the website Trump supporters use, has so many cases of fake news and libels that its a miracle that the thing hasn't shut down yet

The solution to fake news and bad mainstream media reporting isn't to go ahead and create counter fake news. Thats not how it works

Master Oogway

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 7:38 am

Well maybe, but I'm convinced that 100% of the Left is mentally ill.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 8:08 am

Hey Salad, You are making some excellent points but let me suggest to you to ignore the mainstream media and look at some independent news sources. The MSN has no objectivity and are now a propaganda machine.
There is a book you ought to read called Liberal Fascism by Johna Goldberg. It is an excellent primer on how politics actually work.