The 6 Ft Tall White Guy Syndrome

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 2:04 pm

I'm from the Midwestern United States and where I live, there is a unwritten dating hierarchy where certain men are ranked higher and more desirable than others. At the top of the pyramid are fit white guys who are at least 6 ft tall; these men have all the advantages and as a result, the most success with women.

It seems like in American culture, the vast majority of women have a preference for tall white men with a normal BMI. And the more attractive a woman is, the stronger this preference will be. Attractive white girls tend to date tall and attractive white men. It's no coincidence that most women in my family, along with most women in my church group, who are all conventionally attractive by the way, are in relationships with men who fit this description. Even girls of below average height have a strong preference for tall men.

So based on all of this, if you're a tall white guy with a normal BMI, you are the least discriminated group of men in the realm of dating, at least in the United States. Maybe it's different in other countries. So what can you do if you're not a 6 ft tall white guy? Play the game and hope you get lucky I guess.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Apr 2021, 2:11 pm

You live your life, have some hobbies, some career, some friends, meet real people and avoid toxic environments of dating sites and incel groups.
There is roughly the same number of men and women in the world, those outside of the top 5% in conventional attractiveness are entirely capable of forming great relationships.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2021, 2:50 pm

I'm 6' and white and it hasn't really helped much. YMMV.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2021, 3:08 pm

edit: nvm

Last edited by Minervx_2 on 19 Apr 2021, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Apr 2021, 3:17 pm

^ I think you misquoted me out of context :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 3:26 pm

For every guy like you who moans about not being tall and etc, there are women who moan about not having big boobs, or blonde hair, or whatever.

Starlight2001
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2021, 3:30 pm

I'm over 6 feet and white and no women have ever shown interest in me. I have to start almost every conversation I participate in and I've been on one date in my whole life. Stereotypes don't always predict reality.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 3:31 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
For every guy like you who moans about not being tall and etc, there are women who moan about not having big boobs, or blonde hair, or whatever.

...who may still prefer a tall man though.

It’s a paradox that even the less attractive people, a lot of them, still want attractive partners.

Till they realize that beggars can’t be choosers.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Apr 2021, 3:41 pm

What do you have with this "women prefer tall guys" thing?
The guys I dated were all between 5′ 5″ and 5′ 9″.
There was only one guy taller than that I almost-considered and he lost completely to a shorter but more intellectual one.
Get out of dating sites and see some real people out there, really.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

19 Apr 2021, 3:52 pm

I've dated two guys who are 6'4'' and two guys who are 5'5''.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 3:55 pm

Another "Can't Get a Date" thread?

Of course, someone else is always at fault.

I know (because I work with) "a lot" of guys under 6'0" who either date a lot or are married.

One guy (at 5'4") married a woman 2" taller than he, and they have 3 children!

So it must be something other than height that attract women to men.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 4:21 pm

My mom was taller than my father. Apparently, I shouldn't exist.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 4:23 pm

magz wrote:
What do you have with this "women prefer tall guys" thing?
The guys I dated were all between 5′ 5″ and 5′ 9″.
There was only one guy taller than that I almost-considered and he lost completely to a shorter but more intellectual one.
Get out of dating sites and see some real people out there, really.

You’re in poland though.

In America, it’s different, especially among college aged party girls.

Maybe that’s the problem, I’m going after the wrong kind of women.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 4:26 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
magz wrote:
What do you have with this "women prefer tall guys" thing?  The guys I dated were all between 5′ 5″ and 5′ 9″.  There was only one guy taller than that I almost-considered and he lost completely to a shorter but more intellectual one.  Get out of dating sites and see some real people out there, really.
You’re in Poland though.  In America, it’s different, especially among college aged party girls.  Maybe that’s the problem, I’m going after the wrong kind of women.
I am in America (California, to be exact), and I know "lots of" guys under 6'0" with wives or girlfriends.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Apr 2021, 4:32 pm

When men talk about physical stereotypes limiting their dating possibilities, I immediately picture Danny DeVito in my head. I cannot imagine he would have trouble finding a girlfriend, even if he weren't famous.

Clearly physical attributes are not everything.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 4:40 pm

threetoed snail wrote:
When men talk about physical stereotypes limiting their dating possibilities, I immediately picture Danny DeVito in my head. I cannot imagine he would have trouble finding a girlfriend, even if he weren't famous.

Clearly physical attributes are not everything.

Well it’s true, certain physical attributes can limit your dating success. Looks definitely matter and anybody who tells you otherwise is lying or clearly misinformed.

That’s like saying that black people don’t face discrimination, that being black doesn’t limit your opportunities in life.

There is definitely privilege in being attractive. Attractiveness privilege is real.