Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 5:30 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why can't you express a desire to obtain an income from your job?

Many family business are like that. The parents might own the business, and the children might work for the parents.

I would say working for your family, if you get along with them, is MUCH better than getting some McJob in some retail place.

Hi kraftiekortie,Well right now our business is not to the point of taking an income from it.We are reinvesting all the revenues into the business so we can grow it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 6:01 pm

I wish you could realize a profit from all of these reinvestments.

Have you thought about the civil service?

Maybe you could work for your city, your state, or your country.

You usually get good health benefits with civil service jobs. And, if you pass a civil service test and get through the probationary period, you get excellent job security and a pension.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 3:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish you could realize a profit from all of these reinvestments.

Have you thought about the civil service?

Maybe you could work for your city, your state, or your country.

You usually get good health benefits with civil service jobs. And, if you pass a civil service test and get through the probationary period, you get excellent job security and a pension.

Thanks.I doubt I could get a entry-level government job because all the entry-level jobs where i live require years of experience.I am thinking about getting a McJob so I can get some experience to put on my resume.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 6:41 am

I had virtually no experience when I got my government job at age 19.

I had about 6 months of clerical experience and maybe a year of crappy McJob experience.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 2:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why can't you express a desire to obtain an income from your job?

Many family business are like that. The parents might own the business, and the children might work for the parents.

I would say working for your family, if you get along with them, is MUCH better than getting some McJob in some retail place.

why do you think working for my folks would be better than a McJob?At least the McJob would be making more than my job with my parents.